DESHAUN OFFICIALLY REQUESTS TRADE BABY

T0mShane

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Anti-Watson bros: an exercise for you. 

Here is the 2021 #23 pick, the 2022 #15 pick, along with $10 mil in cap space this year, and $30 mil in 2022. Please demonstrate how Joe Douglas can best use those resources to make Zack Wilson=Deshaun Watson. Please show your work. 

For the record, I’m not anti-Watson at all. For the right comp I’d love to have him.

but I’ll play along.

first off, I’m not taking Wilson, too “pasty” for me.

I’ll trade back and take fields who is not “pasty” at all and I think the better player.

with those picks I accumulate, plus the ones you mention, I take OL, WR, Edge. Best prospects I can. In addition, I use FA money saved on corner.

I believe fields will be a better east coast qb thank Watson. So for me this is easy.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, sourceworx said:

He took himself out of the 2004 Divisional round game against Pittsburgh because he was worried about getting injured and missing out on a big contact. He abandoned his team when they needed him most.

Sh!t on Curtis Martin all you want, but he never would have done that.

No he entered into a contract with the Tuna that his team couldn't match which the league ruled illegal after that.. I know if he didn't do it to the Jets it don't matter, it's like knowing someone whose a car thief but since he don't steal your car he's a class dude..LOL

McClains latest ridiculous offer from Jets.

3 1st round picks

1 2nd round pick

Sam

Quinnen

yeah I don’t see that happening lmao. that’s like 6 or 7 1st round picks worth of value right there. Considering number 2 overall could get at least 1 or 2 1st round picks on its own. Sam might fetch a 1. Quinnen would def be worth a 1.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

3 1st round picks

1 2nd round pick

Sam

Quinnen

yeah I don’t see that happening lmao. that’s like 6 or 7 1st round picks worth of value right there. Considering number 2 overall could get at least 1 or 2 1st round picks on its own. Sam might fetch a 1. Quinnen would def be worth a 1.

The “perhaps [...] Quinnen Williams” is a giveaway that it’s not in consideration by the Texans to even ask for Quinnen Williams. It’s simply pointing out how high the Jets could go if they had to. The crux of the return is 2, 23, and the Jets first next year, plus some gift wrap. The Texans don’t want or need Darnold if they get 2 anyway.

• Upvote 4

29 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

3 1st round picks

1 2nd round pick

Sam

Quinnen

Absurd.  He is the mouthpiece of the Texans, so if that is what they want, good luck.

• Upvote 3

7 hours ago, bla bla bla said:

2, 23, 2022 first, 2022 second - That would probably be my top offer. If they want Sam they can lose one of those picks. I ultimately think it gets done for three firsts.

I could still swallow this pill ... barely 

16 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Organizations do this to prep the fanbase and lessen the blowback before the trade gets made. Juicy, juicy.

If the Texans deserve credit for anything in this fiasco, it's how they have handled the situation publicly since it started getting out that Watson wants out.

Have made many public and leaked sentiments about how they absolutely do not want to trade him under any circumstance.  This will get some of their fan base to turn on Watson.  Hell some of our fan base has turned on Watson because of it.

Now, as you said this is the next step.  This is the first of many reports I expect we will now see where media types say the Texans should just move on, and blame it all in Watson.  Then multiple reports will come regarding what it would take to get a trade done because as much as they've tried, Watson is just being too stubborn.  Then finally a trade will be completed and most Houston fans will blame Watson.

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

If the Texans deserve credit for anything in this fiasco, it's how they have handled the situation publicly since it started getting out that Watson wants out.

Have made many public and leaked sentiments about how they absolutely do not want to trade him under any circumstance.  This will get some of their fan base to turn on Watson.  Hell some of our fan base has turned on Watson because of it.

Now, as you said this is the next step.  This is the first of many reports I expect we will now see where media types say the Texans should just move on, and blame it all in Watson.  Then multiple reports will come regarding what it would take to get a trade done because as much as they've tried, Watson is just being too stubborn.  Then finally a trade will be completed and most Houston fans will blame Watson.

Were I given to conspiracies, I’d guess that there’s division inside the Texans management team over how to deal with Watson, and that’s why we’re getting “no way are the Texans trading him” and “actually, the Texans want this, this, and this for Watson.” I’d guess that Caserio wants to make a deal and lock up some picks, but McNair and Jim Jones think they can make Watson suffer long enough to break. 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Were I given to conspiracies, I’d guess that there’s division inside the Texans management team over how to deal with Watson, and that’s why we’re getting “no way are the Texans trading him” and “actually, the Texans want this, this, and this for Watson.” I’d guess that Caserio wants to make a deal and lock up some picks, but McNair and Jim Jones think they can make Watson suffer long enough to break. 

Or basically waive the no trade and let them try to get the best deal for the team.

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, sourceworx said:

Houston isn't negotiating from a position of strength, and everyone knows it. If Watson sits this year they're screwed. They have no cap space to sign a QB, and no picks to draft one.

Also adding Sam to a trade package that includes the #2 pick is redundant. McClain is throwing sh!t at a wall to see what sticks.

12 minutes ago, section314 said:

Every day that goes by and the Texans have a malcontent on their hands, they lose leverage. The league can wait them out and then they'll either have to let him sit out, or puke him for next to nothing.

If Watson is as good as everyone thinks he is, and multiple teams want him and are willing to trade huge hauls for him, Texans have plenty of leverage. Lets not act like Houston has to trade him, and the Jets are the only possible suitors. Thats not the case at all.

He wants us in a bidding war with the Fins and a shot  at Tua . From PFT:

McClain also makes a point locally that some have made nationally: The Texans should try to pit the Jets against the Dolphins for Watson, which could spark a bidding war that will get the Texans even more for Watson.

There are conflicting reports on whether Watson actually wants to play for the Jets, however. The challenge for Watson becomes finding a new team that, in giving up whatever it must to get Watson, won’t plunge into a perpetual 6-10 cycle during Watson’s prime years. The Dolphins, with the third overall pick (from Houston) and second-year quarterback Tua Tagovailoa, seem to have the ammunition to make the deal without compromising the current trajectory of the team.The Dolphins also would be well-suited to admit that, as short-list franchise quarterbacks go, Tagovailoa likely won’t become one.