DESHAUN OFFICIALLY REQUESTS TRADE BABY

T0mShane

Just now, FTL Jet Fan said:

He wants us in a bidding war with the Fins and and he takes a shot  at Tua . From PFT:

McClain also makes a point locally that some have made nationally: The Texans should try to pit the Jets against the Dolphins for Watson, which could spark a bidding war that will get the Texans even more for Watson.

There are conflicting reports on whether Watson actually wants to play for the Jets, however. The challenge for Watson becomes finding a new team that, in giving up whatever it must to get Watson, won’t plunge into a perpetual 6-10 cycle during Watson’s prime years. The Dolphins, with the third overall pick (from Houston) and second-year quarterback Tua Tagovailoa, seem to have the ammunition to make the deal without compromising the current trajectory of the team.The Dolphins also would be well-suited to admit that, as short-list franchise quarterbacks go, Tagovailoa likely won’t become one.

11 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

The Dolphins media-love is hysterical considering they’ve won nothing and have supposedly burned a top ten pick on a QB they need to dump a year later.

It’s a bad look especially if they have to keep Tua. I am sure this will do nothing but help his confidence going forward. It’s a typical Dolphins move if it happens.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, BigRy56 said:

Reminiscent of when Manish came out and put the final nail in Jamal's 'trade me' coffin... Does anybody see a way that Watson ever plays for the Texans again?

This one is over - just a matter of time and JD better be there to pull that trigger

The Texans would often give McClain the first crack at breaking news or give him news to spread. I wonder if that’s still the case with all the turnover from the PR department. 
So that’s either what’s going on or they’ve shunned him from any info and now he’s backing the players. 

On 2/27/2021 at 4:11 PM, sourceworx said:

Houston isn't negotiating from a position of strength, and everyone knows it. If Watson sits this year they're screwed. They have no cap space to sign a QB, and no picks to draft one.

Also adding Sam to a trade package that includes the #2 pick is redundant. McClain is throwing sh!t at a wall to see what sticks.

Not according to some posters.  Texans can start Sam and build with the number 2 and they are rebuilt.

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

image.thumb.png.4b602d90ad2500e82cf1a8a76635eee9.png

Here’s Peter Schraegers ridiculous proposal 

As crazy as this looks, I still keep seeing these things and saying yes. This would put a hurting on our ability to put an excellent team out there this year, but not having to pay picks into future years creates only a short-term problem. We could legitimately, with Watson here, sign two FA WRs and minimize the loss of Mims. Sam is redundant and his inclusion in the deal only hurts because we wouldn't then be able to move him for more picks elsewhere. I would really like to keep Q out of any Watson trade, but come on; I am not about to tank a trade for a franchise QB because of a DT no matter how much we love him. 

31 minutes ago, AFerg726 said:

As crazy as this looks, I still keep seeing these things and saying yes. This would put a hurting on our ability to put an excellent team out there this year, but not having to pay picks into future years creates only a short-term problem. We could legitimately, with Watson here, sign two FA WRs and minimize the loss of Mims. Sam is redundant and his inclusion in the deal only hurts because we wouldn't then be able to move him for more picks elsewhere. I would really like to keep Q out of any Watson trade, but come on; I am not about to tank a trade for a franchise QB because of a DT no matter how much we love him. 

I would counter offer with the #2 pick, 2022 Jets 1st rounder, and 2023 1st rounder nothing more. With pressure mounting on the Texans everyday, If JD stands firm I believe the Texans would take it. That #2 pick is so damn valuable.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

The Jets need to be careful here because they imo are in line for two high picks next year.  They could easily have two top 10 picks.  Seattle is in line for a big fall.  Zona getting better, Rams got a QB if niners settle their Qbing and recover from all their injuries the Seahawks are going to take a nose dive.

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, k-met57 said:

dont they pick like 20th? i cant see how even 4 1's gets it done when starting in that range.

“A Herschel walker like trade offer?” They’d have to give up like their whole draft for the next 3 years considering they pick 20th

48 minutes ago, chad2coles said:

I don't think they can even offer 4 1's because teams aren't allowed trade picks that far out.

Exactly what I was about to say, Bears would have to offer all their picks for the next 2 years and send Khalil Mack to have any shot and even then I don't think the Texans do it.

Again, it wouldn't be $40M per.  It would be a little over $29M per.  If you're going to keep repeating the silly money argument, at least get the number correct.  
The Jets have the 2nd most cap space in the league.  Absorbing less than $30M per would be fairly easy to do without sacrificing paying other talent.  Watson's remaining contract would rank about 9th-10th highest among the top paid QB's in the league (and would drop as other QB's, such as Josh Allen get paid more).  That's very reasonable.  

Don't you have anything else to do other than beat the D Watson drum? Everyday I have to read you aggressively beat up any differing opinions. Get a life

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

1 hour ago, Yucatan Jetfan said:

Don't you have anything else to do other than beat the D Watson drum? Everyday I have to read you aggressively beat up any differing opinions. Get a life

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is a Deshaun Watson thread, last I checked.  If you have a problem with my posts I suggest using the ignore feature. 

10 hours ago, kdels62 said:

Get a life bro...

11 hours ago, Yucatan Jetfan said:

To be fair, while I disagree with Jetsfan80 about Deshaun Watson, it is a Deshaun Watson thread.  So, it DOES make sense that he would share his opinion here about Watson.....however ill-conceived that it is.

image.png.7eaf167fa688aabd7c436a89cac967aa.png

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Jets723 said:

I never thought there was any chance Watson was coming here.  Knowing Douglas wants to build through the draft and seeing how many holes we have it made little sense to give up that much draft capital.  

Maybe so.  But Joe Douglas also has to be aware that there's no easier way to ensure job security in this league than by bringing his team a franchise QB.  Putting that hope in Zach Wilson, Justin Fields, Sam Darnold, or a 2022 QB is a risky proposition.  Watson is a sure bet.  And even after a hypothetical trade for Watson, he'd still have plenty of picks left to build around him.  

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 2

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Maybe so.  But Joe Douglas also has to be aware that there's no easier way to ensure job security in this league than by bringing his team a franchise QB.  Putting that hope in Zach Wilson, Justin Fields, Sam Darnold, or a 2022 QB is a risky proposition.  Watson is a sure bet.  And even after a hypothetical trade for Watson, he'd still have plenty of picks left to build around him.  

No we don’t want Deshaun Watson or Allen Robinson because we want more draft picks obv

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

No we don’t want Deshaun Watson or Allen Robinson because we want more draft picks obv

A boat’s a boat but the mystery box could be anything. It could even be a boat! You know how much we’ve wanted one of those!

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Either way I think most agree the odds of a trade actually happening are pretty slim

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Right. Every position doesn’t need to be filled with a potential pro bowler, and every weak position doesn’t need to be fixed this offseason. A majority of the anti-Watson crowd wants to draft Wilson with #2. So that would only give the Jets 1 extra pick ‘21 to improve the rest of the roster around the new QB. Either way the Jets have over $80m in cap space to surround the new qb with talent. The difference is 1 is top 3-5 in the NFL, and the other has never even played a top 10 college team. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

56 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

Either way I think most agree the odds of a trade actually happening are pretty slim

I don’t agree.  I think the Texans are in an untenable position if they keep Watson and risk him sitting out the season. They’d be staring at no 1st or 2nd round pick and AJ McCarron at QB.

Meanwhile, the # 2 pick is a big prize for Houston in this situation. The kind of draft capital that wouldn’t be available to them if they wait until after the draft of next offseason to move him. 

It’s hard to put up a % chance on it but I don’t think Watson ending up a Jet is a slim chance. More like not probable but possible. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Jets723 said:

I never thought there was any chance Watson was coming here.  Knowing Douglas wants to build through the draft and seeing how many holes we have it made little sense to give up that much draft capital.  

I agree that Douglas is a build through the draft kind of guy. But that is generally assuming an elite QB at 25 doesn't shake loose from another organization. The only question is the price. We still don't know the true price for Watson. 

Remember, if the Texans want Zach Wilson, there is only one team that can make that happen for them. 3 1st round picks from the Bears would be  pretty close to the value of the Jets pick at #2. Would you even trade the #2 for the Bears 1st this year (#2) and 2 future 1sts? Probably not. 

So all this talk about the Texans wanting 3/4 1st round picks for Watson is just stupidity as it all depends on where each team is drafting this year and how much the Texans like Wilson.