DESHAUN OFFICIALLY REQUESTS TRADE BABY

T0mShane

On 2/28/2021 at 7:06 PM, T0mShane said:

The Dolphins media-love is hysterical considering they’ve won nothing and have supposedly burned a top ten pick on a QB they need to dump a year later.

The Pat-loving media knows the gravy train left town with Tom Brady so they have to root for the Dolphins now

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I don’t agree.  I think the Texans are in an untenable position if they keep Watson and risk him sitting out the season. They’d be staring at no 1st or 2nd round pick and AJ McCarron at QB.

Meanwhile, the # 2 pick is a big prize for Houston in this situation. The kind of draft capital that wouldn’t be available to them if they wait until after the draft of next offseason to move him. 

It’s hard to put up a % chance on it but I don’t think Watson ending up a Jet is a slim chance. More like not probable but possible. 

Well I agree anything is possible.  It just seems like if it was going to happen it would have.  And JD’s philosophy has been pretty clear that h wants to accumulate as many draft picks as he can and build the team that way.  If we did t have as many holes as we do I could see it as a greater possibility but I just don’t see it happening especially with the draft approaching in the not too distant future 

2 hours ago, Jets723 said:

Well I agree anything is possible.  It just seems like if it was going to happen it would have.  And JD’s philosophy has been pretty clear that h wants to accumulate as many draft picks as he can and build the team that way.  If we did t have as many holes as we do I could see it as a greater possibility but I just don’t see it happening especially with the draft approaching in the not too distant future 

Everyone is waiting to see what the Texans decide to do.  A trade can happen any time between now and draft day.  The fact that it hasn't happened yet doesn't tell me anything.  All it suggests is that Houston is desperately trying to do everything they can to keep Watson and have him start Week 1. 

The more Watson digs in and makes it clear he isn't going to play another down for Houston, the more likely Houston's behavior will shift towards making a deal.  

5 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Everyone is waiting to see what the Texans decide to do.  A trade can happen any time between now and draft day.  The fact that it hasn't happened yet doesn't tell me anything.  All it suggests is that Houston is desperately trying to do everything they can to keep Watson and have him start Week 1. 

The more Watson digs in and makes it clear he isn't going to play another down for Houston, the more likely Houston's behavior will shift towards making a deal.  

The lions buttrape of the Rams in the Stafford trade made the Watson negotiations way more difficult then they needed to be

Maybe after this upcoming Cutopaclypse things change and Easterby starts acting more reasonably in his demands.  Hopefully JD is also talking to Seattle and playing both franchises against eachother to drive the prices down

9 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

We Shall See.  I’m not trying to make it seem like I would be upset if it happens but like you stated I do t think it’s probable of happenings that’s all.  Also I am excited about using all our picks these next two years.  With the amount we have we can build this team extremely quick 

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

We Shall See.  I’m not trying to make it seem like I would be upset if it happens but like you stated I do t think it’s probable of happenings that’s all.  Also I am excited about using all our picks these next two years.  With the amount we have we can build this team extremely quick 

I have.come to the conclusion that we are drafting Wilson.

• Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, DetroitRed said:

If the Texans want the 2 pick, then they will trade with the Jets. If they want a monumental return, they will have to look elsewhere. And chances are, they want that return 

Trade them the #2 pick and Sam Darnold they can have 2 QB's to decide on ship them James Morgan make it 3 QB's 

56 minutes ago, DetroitRed said:

If the Texans want the 2 pick, then they will trade with the Jets. If they want a monumental return, they will have to look elsewhere. And chances are, they want that return 

Are you thinking the Jets won't or shouldn't offer more than the #2 pick for Watson?

1 minute ago, DetroitRed said:

Texans have been absolutely annihilated in the media. They have no choice but to only accept a major haul. Which team is the willing participant?

They can only accept the best offer they receive.  There's no reason to think they can repair the relationship with Watson or that an offer in the future will beat whatever the highest offer is before this draft.

5 minutes ago, chad2coles said:

Are you thinking the Jets won't or shouldn't offer more than the #2 pick for Watson?

They can only accept the best offer they receive.  There's no reason to think they can repair the relationship with Watson or that an offer in the future will beat whatever the highest offer is before this draft.

Pretty much both. They may offer a bit more, but not much. I don’t think they should give much more.

Relationship won’t be prepared. Texans will have about 20 offers

31 minutes ago, long time suffering Jets f said:

I hate to be a buzzkill but I’m having this ominous feeling Watson will end up in Miami.

Assuming Watson is willing to waive his no trade for both teams, it is likely to come down to which QB Houston prefers, Tua or one of the guys in the draft.  If they want Fields or Wilson, only #2 guarantees that they get their guy.  If they prefer Tua to either rookie, Miami is in the driver's seat.

16 minutes ago, DetroitRed said:

Texans have been absolutely annihilated in the media. They have no choice but to only accept a major haul. Which team is the willing participant?

Again, Watson has to accept the trade.

Texans are hosed here.

• Post of the Week 1

3 minutes ago, DetroitRed said:

*repaired.  

who knows?  It will be a ton of picks , including 3 ones minimum 

You think they could get more than 3 1st round picks?  How many teams other than the Jets have more than 3 1st round picks they can trade, or are you thinking it will be a 3 team trade?  Why such a disparity in what you think Douglas would offer to what the best offer will be?

14 hours ago, Lith said:

Assuming Watson is willing to waive his no trade for both teams, it is likely to come down to which QB Houston prefers, Tua or one of the guys in the draft.  If they want Fields or Wilson, only #2 guarantees that they get their guy.  If they prefer Tua to either rookie, Miami is in the driver's seat.

How can anyone prefer Tua? He looked awful last year. Yea, I know it’s only his rookie year but his arm strength literally is on par with Pennington post surgery. That stuff does not  usually improve as your career progresses. 

If they trade with us, they get to pick between Fields or Wilson OR trade back and get even more picks.