Favre thinks Jags should pass on Lawrence

kevinc855

Just now, pointman said:

The stars are aligning for us, one way or the other. I CAN FEEL IT. Watson on the table. Maybe Jacksonville does something and Trevor falls to us. Perhaps we go Fields or Zach. Thinks are looking real bright for us. Also, Fuk Baker. 

The only nightmare scenario here is if JAX trades #1 for Watson.  Then we miss out on both.  Of course we're no worse off than if we can't get Watson in a trade anyway, but that would sting just a little.

• Upvote 2

Just now, nycdan said:

The only nightmare scenario here is if JAX trades #1 for Watson.  Then we miss out on both.  Of course we're no worse off than if we can't get Watson in a trade anyway, but that would sting just a little.

Well, thanks for urinating in my oatmeal, sir. 

rachel dratch snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, nycdan said:

That is interesting...jax trades #1 and the texans pick TL...that's strong!

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

A few too many beers and...

Let's just say that I have taken some women home who don't look as good as Lawrence does in this picture. I have a drinking problem. 

image.png.b92142225bdd76b340cd0ead6b9806d2.png

It's kinda of a given since you're a Jet fan.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, nycdan said:

1 minute ago, Ben Had said:

That is interesting...jax trades #1 and the texans pick TL...that's strong!

giphy.gif

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, nycdan said:

I think if the Texans do trade him it's to the NFC: maybe 49ers mortgage the future to bring in Watson? The rest of the team is ready to win now obviously, they were in the SB last year. It's sure as hell not going to be intra-division.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, pointman said:

The stars are aligning for us, one way or the other. I CAN FEEL IT. Watson on the table. Maybe Jacksonville does something and Trevor falls to us. Perhaps we go Fields or Zach. Thinks are looking real bright for us. Also, Fuk Baker. 

And this is why I'd hate for the Jets to trade their pick until after JAX has made their pick

• Upvote 1

Just now, CTJetsFan said:

And this is why I'd hate for the Jets to trade their pick until after JAX has made their pick

Well.. at this point, I think Watson is the better player than Trevor since Trevor hasn't taken an NFL snap. I can't imagine Trevor is going to be better in any significant capacity over Watson. And to be real.. with the garbage we trot out at QB each season, I'd take a sure thing Watson now than wait and see on a maybe Trevor later. Strike while the iron is hot. 

• Post of the Week 2

9 minutes ago, pointman said:

Well.. at this point, I think Watson is the better player than Trevor since Trevor hasn't taken an NFL snap. I can't imagine Trevor is going to be better in any significant capacity over Watson. And to be real.. with the garbage we trot out at QB each season, I'd take a sure thing Watson now than wait and see on a maybe Trevor later. Strike while the iron is hot. 

I agree to a point. However, it gives us a little more leverage in the negotiations with the Texans if we wait until we are on the clock and Lawrence is still on the board. The #2 pick becomes more valuable to Houston (assuming they feel the same about TL as everyone else seems to) and it may cost us less to trade for Watson (if we are still inclined to).

I agree to a point. However, it gives us a little more leverage in the negotiations with the Texans if we wait until we are on the clock and Lawrence is still on the board. The #2 pick becomes that more valuable to Houston (assuming they feel the same about TL as everyone else seems to) and it may cost us less to trade for Watson (if we are still inclined to).

The word was that Urban took that job in large part because he is in love with Trevor and infatuated with coaching him. I am sure nfl insiders know better than us, but the word must be that Jacksonville is fully set on Trevor at #1.

2 minutes ago, pointman said:

The word was that Urban took that job in large part because he is in love with Trevor and infatuated with coaching him. I am sure nfl insiders know better than us, but the word must be that Jacksonville is fully set on Trevor at #1.

I don't doubt that but stranger things have happened and lord knows the "experts" have been wrong more than a few times. No harm in waiting until we know for sure.

Not many people thought that Darnold would fall to us at #3 either.

I don't doubt that but stranger things have happened and lord knows the "experts" have bee wrong more than a few times. No harm in waiting until we know for sure.

Not many people thought that Darnold would fall to us at #3 either.

The issue isn't our timeline, but Houston's. If we have the luxury to wait, I am with you. Doubt that is the case. Houston is fuq'ed. They need as much time as possible to field their garbage team in hopes of.. pretending they know what they are doing.

• Upvote 2

Just now, pointman said:

The issue isn't our timeline, but Houston's. If we have the luxury to wait, I am with you. Doubt that is the case. Houston is fuq'ed. They need as much time as possible to field their garbage team in hopes of.. pretending they know what they are doing.

Fair point. If they are in a hurry to clear cap space for FA, then it is a different situation.

I'd still try to hold on until draft day.