Bienemy?

Just now, Shelbyblue said:

This guy must be really bad in interviews, another year coaching in a SB with no HC offers. How you get beat out by a senior citizen who has never been mentioned.

I have to assume he's opening up the interviews by taking a dump on the owners desk.

Guy has interviewed by almost every team changing HC's.   This situation with the Texans was perfect for him.   

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, flgreen said:

I have to assume he's opening up the interviews by taking a dump on the owners desk.

Guy has interviewed by almost every team changing HC's.   This situation with the Texans was perfect for him.   

Some people rather get rings in supporting roles than try to go out into uncertainty and try to get them in the starring role. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Shelbyblue said:

This guy must be really bad in interviews, another year coaching in a SB with no HC offers. How you get beat out by a senior citizen who has never been mentioned.

I'm assuming the Texans want to go the Philly route - where upper management runs everything and the HC is sort of an extension of what the GM wants to do.

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, pointman said:

Some people rather get rings in supporting roles than try to go out into uncertainty and try to get them in the starring role. 

That makes sense.  

Except for all the "trying real hard to get his own HC job" interviews he's been on.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, Warfish said:

That makes sense.  

Except for all the "trying real hard to get his own HC job" interviews he's been on.

He must really make a shiii impression. Probably comes in calling people "boy" and "kid" and asking for someone to bring him chicken salad with raisins in it. 

• WTF? 2

7 minutes ago, pointman said:

He makes really make a shiii impression. Probably comes in calling people "boy" and "kid" and asking for someone to bring him chicken salad with raisins in it. 

No it’s not this. He’s likeable. It’s his lack of long-term vision, propensity to overgeneralize, and inability/unwillingness to provide detailed answers, among other things

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

43 minutes ago, pointman said:

He said he would stay with Kansas City until he found the perfect fit/opportunity. Guess he is waiting for Mahomes to demand he become his head coach. Bet he's scared of stepping out on his own and getting his dick kicked in by what he once had. 

Lol this is the same statement as I am not going to sleep with anyone unless she is a famous movie star. Bieniemy is bombing interviews and really is the designated Rooney rule interview.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Skeet Ulrich said:

Bad news for the Jets, since they don't even control their 2021 first. Unless they trade Watson to the Dolphins to get their 2021 first back... which is still bad news for the Jets.

Not really...both teams are rebuilding.

I really don't think either will trade high draft picks unless they want to move down. 

49 minutes ago, pointman said:

He said he would stay with Kansas City until he found the perfect fit/opportunity. Guess he is waiting for Mahomes to demand he become his head coach. Bet he's scared of stepping out on his own and getting his dick kicked in by what he once had. 

He said that in case he didn't get any offers again. Preemptive face-saving.

He needs to take another position without Andy Reid, Pat Mahomes, and a separate passing & rushing coordinators. Makes it hard to figure out what it is he'd be capable of doing as the head cheese without the best QB since the invention of people.

• Sympathy 2
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

Lol this is the same statement as I am not going to sleep with anyone unless she is a famous movie star. Bieniemy is bombing interviews and really is the designated Rooney rule interview.

I guess we should be happy he doesn’t get a Head coaching job, like the Chiefs need 2 more 3rd round picks!

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, football guy said:

No it’s not this. He’s likeable. It’s his lack of long-term vision, propensity to overgeneralize, and inability/unwillingness to provide detailed answers, among other things

This certainly paints a picture. I can see a novice HC candidate making the rookie mistake of being so cagey about getting his brain picked in case he doesn't get the job that he doesn't get the job. But this is not Biemiemy's first rodeo so if this is still a problem there's at least one more and it's that he's dumb.

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

He said that in case he didn't get any offers again. Preemptive face-saving.

He needs to take another position without Andy Reid, Pat Mahomes, and a separate passing & rushing coordinators. Makes it hard to figure out what it is he'd be capable of doing as the head cheese without the best QB since the invention of people.

He could be this generation's Adam Gase for all we know...

17 minutes ago, Waka Flocka Flacco said:

This certainly paints a picture. I can see a novice HC candidate making the rookie mistake of being so cagey about getting his brain picked in case he doesn't get the job that he doesn't get the job. But this is not Biemiemy's first rodeo so if this is still a problem there's at least one more and it's that he's dumb.

I don't even think teams think he's being cagey nor is he dumb. The best way it's been described to me is that great employees are not always meant to be managers; great managers are not always meant to be directors; great directors are not always meant to be CEOs. 

Bieniemy is to Reid as Dowell Loggains was to Gase. Even if Gase had smashing success here, Loggains ain't getting HC looks... he manages meetings, assists the HC, and provides some input on gameplan, and helps with some game-day communication. That's great, but it doesn't necessarily mean you'll be an asset as a HC

• Upvote 1

People over implicate things. Some people just don’t project leadership and vision. It’s hard to get a HC job. This is why Herm could be a coach and Bienemmy can’t...just doesn’t pass the sniff test (no matter how much media wants to push the narrative).