Mac Jones at 23

Philc1

On 1/28/2021 at 4:27 PM, Philc1 said:

Killed it at the senior bowl.  Senior Bowl is a good predictor (Cutler, Wentz, Allen, Herbert) of pro success

https://www.rollbamaroll.com/platform/amp/2021/1/28/22254314/jumbo-package-saban-finishes-filling-out-his-staff-mac-jones-shines-at-senior-bowl

Cutler? The chinless wonder with the pie hole that begged to be punched and with the personality of a missing left sock? I remember when Nick Mangold pushed him in a swimming pool to punk him and he wrecked his diabetes meter by accident. Mangold felt so bad and replaced it (of course). He should have bought him two new ones and then pushed him in again.

Aye-yigh-yigh, I remember the wish lists of some people at the time. Cutler was on it . . . . PHIL!

dana-carvey-as-church-lady-yahoo-video-s

In mild hypothetical defense of Cutler, diabetes is a an awful disease that often makes sufferers not in the best of moods. However, he's probably just a dick regardless . . . like Aaron Rodgers.

Let's hope the Pats take Mac Jones so we can chase him around while he's lumbering around like a sloth getting sacked again! 

Pats had the mobile Cam last year, put Jones behind that Oline with an ancient Edelman, no Thuney, and our revamped Defense...yes please! 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Philc1 said:

I’m seeing mock drafts having him go to the patriots at 15.  

I think if the pats don’t take him he could realistically fall to 23.  He’s not mobile, his workouts won’t be great.  His interviews are going to be good tho he’s the smartest qb in this draft class

He sounds like Tom Brady coming out - not mobile, workouts won't be great, smartest QB in draft. You know he's gonna be a Pat!

11 minutes ago, Nixhead said:

He sounds like Tom Brady coming out - not mobile, workouts won't be great, smartest QB in draft. You know he's gonna be a Pat!

Meanwhile Belichick gets his next great QB and the Jets trade 7 first round picks for Watson 

The next ten years will make the last 10 look great

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Nixhead said:

He's got a long way to go to be compared to Brady - but Jones is smart, accurate and gets the ball out quickly. I do think he can become a good starting QB in the NFL.

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, CanadaSteve said:

So, by weak arm you mean he doesn't have an arm like Brett Favre or Josh Allen?  He doesn't have a weak arm like say Chad Pennington did.

He’s got a noodle arm because he’s smart like Chad and already has a masters degree 

948B53E0-C3B7-408C-8D75-5865788594CF.thumb.jpeg.292f53911128c9d3b5211a8151e5b4ce.jpeg

I don't think he makes it past the Patriots.   Either we take a QB at 2, trade back a few spots and take one or we are not taking one at all (unless it is another back up high ceiling type in the later rounds).   Just our luck he goes to NE and becomes a poor mans Brady. 

Yeah. Let's draft an immobile QB with an average arm who had all day to throw behind the best OL in CFB to a group of WRs that is so talented they will all be first round draft picks while being able to keep the defense honest with the best running game in CFB along with the top rated RB in CFB.  Did he ever have to throw under pressure into a tight window all season?  What could go wrong in the transition to the NFL?  Nope.

• Upvote 1

On 1/28/2021 at 4:27 PM, Philc1 said:

Killed it at the senior bowl.  Senior Bowl is a good predictor (Cutler, Wentz, Allen, Herbert) of pro success

https://www.rollbamaroll.com/platform/amp/2021/1/28/22254314/jumbo-package-saban-finishes-filling-out-his-staff-mac-jones-shines-at-senior-bowl

I read some reports it was one of the best senior bowl showings in the last 10 years 

On 1/30/2021 at 1:42 PM, Philc1 said:

You guys are way off on his arm strength. 

They're way off on just about everything. He moves good in the Pocket as well keeping his eyes down field while doing so. Also the WCO does not need an overly powerful arm (ask Joe Montana) you need to get the ball out quick and make good decisions and Mac Jones fits that bill perfectly. Getting the ball out in time beats a strong arm every time.

If the Texans want too much for Watson I say we move on, Trade the number 2 pick, get a draft haul and surround a kid like Mac Jones with fast skill players that fit in WCO and have Darnold and Jones compete for the Job. That or trade Darnold for another 2nd . 

I would much rather build a solid team from the ground up than have a QB like Watson surrounded by a half assed cast of characters because we traded all our picks. Do we want to be the Houston Texans of the last 4 years ?

• Upvote 2

12 hours ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

Yeah. Let's draft an immobile QB with an average arm who had all day to throw behind the best OL in CFB to a group of WRs that is so talented they will all be first round draft picks while being able to keep the defense honest with the best running game in CFB along with the top rated RB in CFB.  Did he ever have to throw under pressure into a tight window all season?  What could go wrong in the transition to the NFL?  Nope.

Mac Jones is NOT Immobile where the hell are you people getting this ? Because he chooses to pass and not run does not make him Immobile. He moves very well in the Pocket and has a very good feel for the rush. 

Lamar Jackson sure can run and is very Mobile only problem is he throws for 90 yards in games that count. 

And FWIW the most Immobile QB in the NFL the past 20 years is now going to his 10th SB. Because he has a feel for the pocket and gets the ball out quick those are the traits that make him the best QB ever not his running ability

• Upvote 3

• NYJ
    Ja'Marr Chase
    WR LSU
    trade icon
  • NYJ
    Najee Harris
    RB Alabama
    trade icon
  • NYJ
    Mac Jones
    QB Alabama

• NYJ
    Tyson Campbell
    CB Georgia

• NYJ
    Jayson Oweh
    EDGE Penn State
    trade icon
  • NYJ
    Trey Smith
    OG Tennessee

• NYJ
    Trey Hill
    OC Georgia

• NYJ
    Bobby Brown
    DT Texas A&M

• NYJ
    Chazz Surratt
    LB North Carolina
    trade icon
  • NYJ
    Paulson Adebo
    CB Stanford

• NYJ
    Austin Watkins
    WR UAB

• 2022 MIA 3rd

2 hours ago, Skeet Ulrich said:

Jets winning the division 2 years in a row and actually hosting playoff games? Where do I sign for that cause it's never happened, ever.

Or you can build a great team and contend within the playoff's ... In other words you would be able to contend with the teams in the playoffs and not just beat up on inferior opponents during the season.  

Ever ask yourself why a guy like Peyton Manning didn't win 3 or 4 SB's in his prime ? Its because his team had weaknesses ... they were good enough having Peyton but when it came to the playoffs they were always exposed. It was not Peytons fault.

A QB like Tom Brady may never be seen again, ever, but even some of his teams had weaknesses as well or he would have won all 9 SB's he played in.

If we get Watson and give up all our draft capital we will have a  good QB, a very good QB, but we wont have the team to surround him. The mock draft I posted above fills holes on the OL at CB at edge Rusher at WR and at RB along with getting a smart QB to run the WCO I would much rather win that way than be disappointed in the playoffs with a weak team and a great QB

• Upvote 1

On 1/28/2021 at 5:10 PM, HighPitch said:

My gut tells me mac jones will wind up being the best qb of this draft class

I saw online when some analysts were talking about tight window throws, which are throws people look at when evaluating college QBs and how they translate to the NFL. Burrow had about 240 of those throws in his senior year. You know how many Mac Jones had? 44! Talk about throwing to wide open guys - that has to be historically the easiest any QB has ever had it in college. A hard pass for me - considering his arm talent is very pedestrian as well. He's behind Wilson by a country mile IMO, and perhaps the 4th best QB in the draft.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

Ever ask yourself why a guy like Peyton Manning didn't win 3 or 4 SB's in his prime ?

I don't need to, I know. It's really, really, really, really, really, really, REALLY difficult to win a SB and you need a bunch of luck. The GB Packers have had MVP level QB play since the mid 90s to now and have had 2 SB wins to show for it.

The fact remains you have to put yourself in the best position to make the playoffs consistently and make a run. Fixing the QB does that.

Why do you think the Rams got Goff out of there? Why do you think the 49ers wanna get rid of Jimmy G? It makes no sense to put a glass ceiling on your SB caliber team with a mediocre at best QB.