Todd McShay: Deshaun Watson only 'slightly better' than Sam Darnold

Bronx

39 minutes ago, Coffee Is Great said:

Another example that fuels my theory that a majority of media folks do a perfunctory job of watching film and studying the game. No one who's watched extended film of Sam's play believes he's in the same stratosphere as Watson.

Pretty sure there are at least two big types of peddlers of misinformation out there. The draftniks who are sticking with their USC eval of Sam and haven't watched anything the last three years, and the talking heads who don't watch Jets games at all because we've been a garbage team.

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, Icer said:

Pretty sure there are at least two big types of peddlers of misinformation out there. The draftniks who are sticking with their USC eval of Sam and haven't watched anything the last three years, and the talking heads who don't watch Jets games at all because we've been a garbage team.

Imo this is all Jimmy Sexton, Sam and JDs agent. imo he’s influencing the narrative on Sam because this is contract year 

1 hour ago, Coffee Is Great said:

Another example that fuels my theory that a majority of media folks do a perfunctory job of watching film and studying the game. No one who's watched extended film of Sam's play believes he's in the same stratosphere as Watson.

Absolutely.

Nothing more frustrating than hearing a talking head who probably watched 15 NYJ snaps all season tell us that Watson is a marginal upgrade over Darnold. 

Watson is a very good QB. Im not saying he's not. But, how many. Of you would be calling Becton a bust if he led the league in holding penalties the last 4 years. Watson has been in near the top in the league in QB's most sacked. Sacks, kill drives, just like penalties do. Not a small point.

2 minutes ago, genot said:

Watson is a very good QB. Im not saying he's not. But, how many. Of you would be calling Becton a bust if he led the league in holding penalties the last 4 years. Watson has been in near the top in the league in QB's most sacked. Sacks, kill drives, just like penalties do. Not a small point.

So you too have accepted that Watson is not coming here and have decided to talk him down as I have? Smart. We are ahead of the game. Watson sucks. I bet he chews his hard candies and swallows his gum. Bum.

3 minutes ago, pointman said:

So you too have accepted that Watson is not coming here and have decided to talk him down as I have? Smart. We are ahead of the game. Watson sucks. I bet he chews his hard candies and swallows his gum. Bum.

Your being sarcastic. It' laughable that people don't want to discuss anything that doesn't fit their own narrative. Oh yea, anybody who doesn't agree with a trade for him, including analysts have an agenda they're own, or are misinformed

2 hours ago, pointman said:

Don't align yourself with genot.  He still thinks Darnold is good.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, RSJ said:

He is right

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

So.. RSJ is proclaiming that Deshaun Watson.. the man with these accolades..

Most passing touchdowns in a single game by a rookie quarterback: 5 (tied with Ray Buivid, Matthew Stafford, Jameis Winston, and Daniel Jones)[130]
Most passing touchdowns in a calendar month by a rookie quarterback: 16[67]
Most passing touchdowns by a rookie quarterback in one half: 4 (tied with Marcus Mariota and Jameis Winston) (Week 5, 2017)[131]
First player in NFL history to pass for 400+ yards, throw 4+ TD passes, and rush for 50+ yards in a single game. (Week 8, 2017)[132]
First player in NFL history with multiple 5 passing touchdown games within his first 2 seasons: 2
First player in NFL history to have 4,000+ passing yards, 25+ passing touchdowns, 500+ rushing yards, and 5 rushing touchdowns in a single season
Fastest player in NFL history to have 6,500+ passing yards and 500+ rushing yards (26 games)
Fastest player in NFL history to have 50 passing touchdowns and 10 rushing touchdowns (27 games)
First quarterback with back-to-back games with at least 375 passing yards and 35 rushing yards
Most passing touchdowns by a rookie in a 7-game span in NFL history: 19[132]
Most passing touchdowns by a rookie in a 5-game span in NFL history: 18[133]
Longest streak of games with 3 or more passing touchdowns by a rookie in NFL history: 4[134]
Most games with at least 375 passing yards and 40 rushing yards in NFL history: 3 (tied with Steve Young)
Most passing touchdowns for a quarterback through his first six career games: 15
First rookie with two games of 300+ passing yards and 40+ rushing yards in a season
First rookie to produce 5+ touchdowns in consecutive games
Most completions with a perfect passer rating: 28
Most attempts with a perfect passer rating: 33 (tied with Jared Goff)[135]

Is in fact only SLIGHTLY better than Sam Darnold. His accolades being:

Got a free Toyota 4Runner for doing a Toyota ad. 

41 minutes ago, genot said:

giphy (38).gif

I strongly suggest remaining neutral, and not align yourself with a member of the Warsaw pact. JetsFan80, good poster, still pay attention. to him, misstates my view on Darnold. I think he has a chance to live up,(or come close to living uo), to his draft status, playing in the right system, with proper coaching. I think with his progress was halted when a new system and coaching staff was installed after his rookie year. If Bates was still there the last two years we would have seen a more confident QB.