Is Chris Simms Right About Watson?

2 hours ago, JiF said:

He literally started the conversation with, Watson is in his prime, you can have him for the next 10, 12, 15 years....and then proceeds to say, what are you going to do go 4-12 with Watson next season?  Sure.  If that's the what happens, yes, that's fine.  It's not about next year, for christ sake.  It's about having a top 3 QB for the next decade +.  No matter how good the Jets draft this season, they're still going to suck because Sam Darnold is the QB.  Why is that trivial? 

It's not about next year, it's about having Watson for a decade and building toward a contender.  Trading for him doesnt prevent you from doing that, we've been down this path.  The Jets arent an immediate fix no matter what, so why wouldnt you go secure the most important position in all of sports with a top 3 QB?    Does anyone really care if the Jets are pedestrian for a few seasons but then in 2023/24 when the roster has been built around Watson, you going to start making SB runs?  Of course we will wait, we dont have a choice with or without Watson.

I'd bet a large sum of $ that we win more than 4 games with Watson at QB next year regardless.

1 hour ago, FidelioJet said:

So, to be clear.

You're agreeing with me on solely offensive commitment in year 1...but not to carry that over to year 2?

I could certainly get on board with that, particularly in a year like this where resources are plentiful in draft capital and cap space in a year when the cap is going down.

Make an all in commitment on offense this year...and be smart next year, mixing in offense and defense.  I could buy into a plan like that.

What I would completely disagree with is a  "one for offense and one for defense" type strategy - this year. 

Whoever the QB is, the only way to make him successful is to surround him with talent - and right now our offense has no talent.

No, I'm disagreeing on solely offensive commitment in years 1+2 combined. It's not the same thing.

I'd far rather have Watson on hand so there's really only 2 FA positions that need serious addressing (both should be easy enough & not require everyone to flock to the Jets), plus a couple more that - while sooner is better than later - aren't emergencies in 2021. 

Watson's acquisition allows a more balanced build (in addition to less investment required on offense while building). And more than balance being a Miyagi buzzword that always makes things sound better, there's a reason behind it. Namely: you're otherwise limiting your additions on one side from just that year's crop of players, and the other side limited to the following year's crop. That plan becomes a failure unless this year's opportunities don't lend themself to offense-only (compounded with betting on next year's opportunities being singularly suited to upgrade our specific needs on defense). That's how you get pigeonholed into Trumaine Johnson type acquisitions just because that's who's there that year when you think you're desperate for a CB to be competitive that year. Yuck. 

Beyond even that, you're further staggering your additions to make it more likely that a disproportionate number of players reaching the ends of their contracts happen in conjunction with others on the same side of the ball. If what you want is sustained success, it's best if the offense doesn't need to deal with the potential of an upcoming 3-5 starter turnover in a year (followed by the defense a year later), instead of 1-3 from each side. A great example of this was 2011 when MT attempted to address too-high and expiring contracts from Woody, Holmes, Edwards, B.Smith, and LT2 all in the same offseason. There aren't enough players to add to one side of the ball all in one shot like that. Then what you end up with is Plaxico Burress, Wayne Hunter, and trusting Santonio Holmes with some $24MM in guaranteed money.

All that's theoretical planning, anyway. Upgrading one's edge rusher or corner does not and should not take a back seat to upgrading TE just because the latter is on offense and there's a self-imposed mandate to only upgrade defense after the whole offense is finished with its upgrades.

While it sounds nice & neat to compartmentalize like that on paper, no champion is built that way, and never will. 

2 hours ago, JiF said:

Honestly, I dont even care if it resulted in a Super Bowl.  This team is unwatchable.  Sundays suck.  I've never missed more Jets game then I did in 2020 and 2019 and even with a new exciting coach, I have zero interest in this team moving forward if Sam Darnold is the QB.  He's not exciting, he's not fun to watch, he has zero passion for the game and he's predictable awful when you need him not to be.  He's a miserable player and as a fan, I dont want to see another snap taken by Sam Darnold.  If he's our QB next year, I legit, wont watch...again.  If Watson is our QB, I will watch every single minutes of Jets Football until he retires.  That alone, is worth 10 1st round picks because straight up, this team is dangerously close to me just full on checking out altogether.  There is absolute nothing exciting about the future of this team.  You can feign interest in Saleh but come'on, he's a coach, I dont watch Sunday to see a coach on the sidelines.

Post of the year.

2 hours ago, sec101row23 said:

Seriously.   This franchise has been a complete joke for the last decade.  

2 hours ago, The Crusher said:

That’s a very good point and I can’t say I’m far off that. I actually started to watch all the games this season but as much as I liked him coming out at this  point watching Darnold is the equivalent of nails on a chalk board. Sadly it was easier to watch him when I felt the tank was on, as soon as I felt team might as well try to win a couple games  it became excruciating again. 

Only 1 team wins the Super Bowl ever year.  1 team.  The odds are year in year out, you're not going to be watching your team hoist the Lombardi and the ones who do have 1 thing in common, 1 thing!!!!....an elite QB.  The odds of making it to the SB without one are astronomical.  

At least give me a player worth watching, worth rooting for who by the way, happens to be a top 3 QB in the NFL because at least I'm entertained, enjoy watching the games and know that we at least have a shot because we finally have the QB.  

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

Yes.  Exactly. 

You keep trying to until you find the right QB.  

Here's the thing though - you need to support your QB and build a team around him to give him a chance - especially early in his career.  We have to stop drafting DT's, LB's, Safety's and Corners in the first 3 rounds (at least for a couple of years)

Spend your premium resources on WR, OL, TE's and RB's...and watch how #2 overall begins to prosper.  

Here's the thing though, draft picks arent guaranteed and its quite literally 100x more possible the Jets come away with 1 impact player out of all those picks then they do hitting on all these picks.   Hell, look at this last draft.  They literally netted 1 player to bank on in the future and the rest is pure sh*t or pure hope.

It's baffling to me that a Jets fan would just assume that a. this rebuild is going to go perfect and b. you honestly think they're just going to magically finally find a QB after 50 years of sh*t. 

**** that dude, so sick of this sh*tty ass franchise sucking the life out of you every year.  This "rebuild" is going to look like sh*t when you net 2 players out of 20 picks or IDK secure a top 3 QB.

Literally mindboggling that anyone thinks differently.  This about 15 years of Football, not 2021/22. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, 32EBoozer said:

I moved out to PA years ago, but if Watson is the QB, I am getting season tickets. This would be the 1st smell of a FQb in decades. I would not want to miss the ride; especially with Saleh and the new offensive system being implemented. I will finally be able to see scores in the 20's and 30's for once. Not 4 FG and 5 punts every game.

I vowed a few years ago to never spend another dollar on the NFL and straight up, I havent.  Not a game, not a piece of merch, nothing....I refuse.  The Jets legit dont give a **** about winning or putting a good product on the field and the NFL is sh*t, so they aint get my money.

Watson comes to town, you bet your bottom dollar I'm crashing another JN tailgate and buying some fresh gear to pimp into the stadium to watch the best player the franchise has ever had. 

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Pac said:

If JD and Saleh determine there is a better than 50% chance Sam turns it around then you run it back.

A these mental gymnastics everyone is doing don’t mean squadoosh.  

If we get Watson at a reasonable cost, great.

If they want too much and we wind up trading down, keeping Sam, and filling numerous holes with 1st round picks thats great too.

What isn't great is trading away both first rounders this year, 1 next year, and more.  F that.

You dont actually watch Jets games, do you? 

• WTF? 1
  • Haha 1

there's no logical perspective where this trade makes sense for Deshaun Watson 

we can talk about the Jets assets or cap or whatever

but why exactly would Watson want to go from one rebuilding situation to another? 

that question can't be answered with "oh they are going to sign Allen Robinson, too" 

it's a crazy media market with insane expecations and the roster is absolutely terrible. 

the Jets are not set up for any new QB, whether his name is Trevor Lawrence, Deshaun Watson, Justin Fields or Zach Wilson 

they have far too many holes to fill, just to be competitive. At least with the last two names they can try to fill some of those holes. Simms is dead nuts accurate to give away 3 1st round picks would hamstring their ability to protect or get the most out of this asset at QB they have so much invested in

it really makes zero sense on any level, unless you're just an optimistic Jets fan. 

Coach Saleh says there's no shortcuts over and over that means no shortcuts

• Thumb Down 1

1 hour ago, Stark said:

I'd bet a large sum of $ that we win more than 4 games with Watson at QB next year regardless.

I would agree.  Especially with the cap space.   They have enough draft capital and space to at least for this season, build the offense.  Go 8-8 with an exciting brand of Football and build the D next year.  Besides, you just hired a DC known for getting a lot of out of a little.  Then build the roster for the next 15 because Watson is 25!!!  Again, it's not about next year, it's not about 2023.  It's about the next 10 years having the best QB in the division, top 3 in the NFL.  Unreal that Jets fan are like, nah, I'm good, lets build around Sam ******* sh*tty ass bust face boogie boarding doesnt give a **** about Football never healthy pusswah Darnold.

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, bitonti said:

there's no logical perspective where this trade makes sense for Deshaun Watson 

we can talk about the Jets assets or cap or whatever

but why exactly would Watson want to go from one rebuilding situation to another? 

that question can't be answered with "oh they are going to sign Allen Robinson, too" 

it's a crazy media market with insane expecations and the roster is absolutely terrible. 

the Jets are not set up for any new QB, whether his name is Trevor Lawrence, Deshaun Watson, Justin Fields or Zach Wilson 

they have far too many holes to fill, just to be competitive. At least with the last two names they can try to fill some of those holes. Simms is dead nuts accurate to give away 3 1st round picks would hamstring their ability to protect or get the most out of this asset at QB they have so much invested in

it really makes zero sense on any level, unless you're just an optimistic Jets fan. 

Coach Saleh says there's no shortcuts over and over that means no shortcuts

What happens if they swing and miss on all the picks, Bit?  Look at the 2020 draft, it was terrible. 

Acquiring a QB isnt a short cut, it's an essential.

4 minutes ago, JiF said:

What happens if they swing and miss on all the picks, Bit?  Look at the 2020 draft, it was terrible. 

Acquiring a QB isnt a short cut, it's an essential.

Becton wasn't a miss. Mims was half a hit. I'm no Douglas fanboi but they weren't all misses. Hall? 

I answered your question now you answer mine: 

in what world does Watson trading himself to New York make Watson's life better? 

all the talk is from the Jets perspective I want to hear why Watson would even waive his no trade clause.

the Jets stink. the Jets media are vultures. 

Texas already has no state income tax by the way, New Jersey has ALL the state income tax 

are the Jets extending his already "record breaking for our franchise" contract? he's already making 30 mil plus per year

What's in it for Watson?

for as great as Saleh might be as a players coach, Woody is that bad as a players owner.  

it's not Broadway Joe's era he doesn't need to be in an empty times square to get endorsements 

there's not like a CMC in Carolina that makes him think this will make my life easy 

very simply, what's in it for Watson i'll hang up and listen to my answer on the radio 

3 hours ago, nycdan said:

It's interesting.  When the Jets had the #1 pick, there was a lot of chatter about how Trevor should stay in school to avoid them.  Since JAX got the pick, not a peep.  It's all good now.

As the Watson trade rumors build, there is a lot of chatter about how the Jets shouldn't trade for him.  I've seen nothing about how MIA shouldn't and plenty about how other teams should.

Granted there are a number of talking heads who say the Jets should trade for him, but those usually say we should offer eleventy-bazillion draft picks so they're even dumber.

What I have almost never seen is a rational position on why the Jets should be interested, make a realistic offer without going overboard, and see if they can improve the team that way.  It's like that position isn't allowed to exist in the journalistic ecosystem.  

Weird.

Perfectly reasoned comment.  I think it doesn't get much play because a "reasonable" offer from the Jets is likely not strong enough to win the deal.  So the "argument" comes from those who want to make an offer that Jets can't really afford.

Simms says that teams with a strong roster but no strength at QB--he cites Miami and SF--can make better offers because Watson leverages their existing strengths.  Jets don't have any existing strength to be leveraged.

5 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Becton wasn't a miss. Mims was half a hit. I'm no Douglas fanboi but they weren't all misses. Hall? 

I answered your question now you answer mine: 

in what world does Watson trading himself to New York make Watson's life better? 

all the talk is from the Jets perspective I want to hear why Watson would even waive his no trade clause.

the Jets stink. the Jets media are vultures. 

Texas already has no state income tax by the way, New Jersey has ALL the state income tax 

are the Jets extending his already "record breaking for our franchise" contract? he's already making 30 mil plus per year

What's in it for Watson?

for as great as Saleh might be as a players coach, Woody is that bad as a players owner.  

it's not Broadway Joe's era he doesn't need to be in an empty times square to get endorsements 

there's not like a CMC in Carolina that makes him think this will make my life easy 

very simply, what's in it for Watson i'll hang up and listen to my answer on the radio 

Becton looks nice.  Mims/Hall are hope.  So this is the pace of the rebuild, 1 impact player here and there?  lmfao.

I was in this camp as well, why on earth would he come here, he's just trading turds.   Well, it sounds like Saleh and NYC are big selling point.  If you asked me this on Tues, I would have agreed.  There are way too many reports he prefers NY not to think where this is smoke there is fire.

4 minutes ago, JiF said:

Becton looks nice.  Mims/Hall are hope.  So this is the pace of the rebuild, 1 impact player here and there?  lmfao.

I was in this camp as well, why on earth would he come here, he's just trading turds.   Well, it sounds like Saleh and NYC are big selling point.  If you asked me this on Tues, I would have agreed.  There are way too many reports he prefers NY not to think where this is smoke there is fire.

dude the city is dead  - there is no NYC nightlife/broadway/restaurants etc everything that made NYC unique is on hiatus at the moment and there's a real question whether it will come back. 

Saleh is basically the only selling point. and for how awesome Saleh is, that's how terrible Woody is. they cancel each other out. This is really a Woodrow level decision.

Can you imagine Watson and Woody in a room, talking about how Watson will be the next Curtis Martin? How Woody is going to pay Watson 13 mil more per year than he's ever paid anyone ever before? 

I can't imagine that, and I'm known for my ability to live in a fantasy world.  the Jets are in the media because Watson's agent are using the Jets the same way Kirk Cousins used the jets and Anthony Barr and every other free agent ever. They are leveraging the idea of the Jets to get Watson where he really wants to go.

The Jets don't even really want this guy is my guess. It's Jamal Adams in reverse. 

16 minutes ago, JiF said:

No guarantees but Watson immediately would bring FA interest to the JETS.. Allen Robinson has been liking Deshaun Watson to JETS posts, why? is it plausible that Watson and Robinson are/would consider going to play together. Watson knows what its like to have a legit stud WR and Probably wants that again. Robinson just wants to play with a TOP QB, right? 

Could be just a coincidence for sure but the liking of posts suggesting Watson to the JETs could be more, and if its not JD would be obligated to go get a #1 WR. It does not have to be through the draft. WE have tons of Cap and draft capital. Rebuilding around Watson is not a death sentence.

I get you my man... we on the same page. 

high five wesley snipes GIF by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment

• Upvote 2

37 minutes ago, JiF said:

Here's the thing though, draft picks arent guaranteed and its quite literally 100x more possible the Jets come away with 1 impact player out of all those picks then they do hitting on all these picks.   Hell, look at this last draft.  They literally netted 1 player to bank on in the future and the rest is pure sh*t or pure hope.

It's baffling to me that a Jets fan would just assume that a. this rebuild is going to go perfect and b. you honestly think they're just going to magically finally find a QB after 50 years of sh*t. 

**** that dude, so sick of this sh*tty ass franchise sucking the life out of you every year.  This "rebuild" is going to look like sh*t when you net 2 players out of 20 picks or IDK secure a top 3 QB.

Literally mindboggling that anyone thinks differently.  This about 15 years of Football, not 2021/22. 

If this is the case then we need a new GM.  That is not the standard for the league, it has been for the Jets for sure.  If JD can't take 5 picks over 2 years in the top 34...and turn at least 3 to them into impactful NFL starters than he shouldn't have a job.

Certainly your point to last years draft and I agree with 100%.  As of right now, it was a bad job.  But if he's incapable of drafting quality players with 5 picks, how's he going to do with 1 or 2?

So you'll end up with a high priced QB and 4 win team instead of a 2 win team with a young inexpensive QB.

You make it seem like getting Watson and all of a sudden we're going to the Super Bowl.  It's still a rebuid.

He's 28-26 as a starter, coming off a 4 win season - not exactly someone you're going to plug into a sh*tty roster and he's all of a sudden going to make it a contender.  He's not that type of player.

We're better served keeping our picks, trading Sam, taking a QB at 2 and build around him.

46 minutes ago, JiF said:

You dont actually watch Jets games, do you? 

Unfortunately I do..  all of them.

I've seen horrific coaching, injuries galore, and complacent gm'ing give the impression that a promising young QB is broken beyond repair.

If we run it back with Sam next year and surround him with what is possible with our picks and in FA, I believe we will see young Sam rise like a m'fin Phoenix and serve a plate of Crow so bountiful, that his haters will be  choking on beaks and talons for months!

SO IT IS SAID, SO IT SHALL BE.

1 hour ago, Sperm Edwards said:

No, I'm disagreeing on solely offensive commitment in years 1+2 combined. It's not the same thing.

I'd far rather have Watson on hand so there's really only 2 FA positions that need serious addressing (both should be easy enough & not require everyone to flock to the Jets), plus a couple more that - while sooner is better than later - aren't emergencies in 2021. 

Watson's acquisition allows a more balanced build (in addition to less investment required on offense while building). And more than balance being a Miyagi buzzword that always makes things sound better, there's a reason behind it. Namely: you're otherwise limiting your additions on one side from just that year's crop of players, and the other side limited to the following year's crop. That plan becomes a failure unless this year's opportunities don't lend themself to offense-only (compounded with betting on next year's opportunities being singularly suited to upgrade our specific needs on defense). That's how you get pigeonholed into Trumaine Johnson type acquisitions just because that's who's there that year when you think you're desperate for a CB to be competitive that year. Yuck. 

Beyond even that, you're further staggering your additions to make it more likely that a disproportionate number of players reaching the ends of their contracts happen in conjunction with others on the same side of the ball. If what you want is sustained success, it's best if the offense doesn't need to deal with the potential of an upcoming 3-5 starter turnover in a year (followed by the defense a year later), instead of 1-3 from each side. A great example of this was 2011 when MT attempted to address too-high and expiring contracts from Woody, Holmes, Edwards, B.Smith, and LT2 all in the same offseason. There aren't enough players to add to one side of the ball all in one shot like that. Then what you end up with is Plaxico Burress, Wayne Hunter, and trusting Santonio Holmes with some $24MM in guaranteed money.

All that's theoretical planning, anyway. Upgrading one's edge rusher or corner does not and should not take a back seat to upgrading TE just because the latter is on offense and there's a self-imposed mandate to only upgrade defense after the whole offense is finished with its upgrades.

While it sounds nice & neat to compartmentalize like that on paper, no champion is built that way, and never will. 

While you make reasonable points and theoretically they make sense.. 

I will have to continue to disagree with you - as far as text book you're correct, as far as the reality in our current situation, I simply can't agree. 

If we end up drafting a QB at 2.  You need to do EVERYTHING in your power to turn him into a player.  That means supporting him however you can.  Give him the resources he needs to succeed.  If he becomes the guy you want him to be then you'll have 15 years to build a balanced team around him.  Once you have established then what you've listed above would be the proper approach to take.

Developing a franchise QB needs to be top priority of any organization.

I was originally all for trading for Watson as that would solve that concern...but he's shown if he's not happy he'll become a problem AND the Jets, by giving up most of their premium resources to acquire him, won't be able to put the assets around him in time for him not to sour.  And now you want to split those resources between offense and defense - forget it.  His agent will be calling Woody a racist by Dec.

He's shown he hasn't been able to win with lesser talent, so the best option is to pass on him - unless you can really get him cheap - something like, Sam, #2 and #34 - anything more than that and you're just kicking this problem down the road two to three years when you'll have trade him again as the new GM and HC search begins.

2 hours ago, chirorob said:

No, Woody should never step in.  He is not a football intelligent person, and if he does it once, even if he is correct, he is going to want to do it over and over again, which will be bad.

The GM and the HC sit down, and decide what they want to do, and go that route.

Boo, just get Watson. I don’t care who says it, just get it done!

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, bitonti said:

dude the city is dead  - there is no NYC nightlife/broadway/restaurants etc everything that made NYC unique is on hiatus at the moment and there's a real question whether it will come back. 

Saleh is basically the only selling point. and for how awesome Saleh is, that's how terrible Woody is. they cancel each other out. This is really a Woodrow level decision.

Can you imagine Watson and Woody in a room, talking about how Watson will be the next Curtis Martin? How Woody is going to pay Watson 13 mil more per year than he's ever paid anyone ever before? 

I can't imagine that, and I'm known for my ability to live in a fantasy world.  the Jets are in the media because Watson's agent are using the Jets the same way Kirk Cousins used the jets and Anthony Barr and every other free agent ever. They are leveraging the idea of the Jets to get Watson where he really wants to go.

The Jets don't even really want this guy is my guess. It's Jamal Adams in reverse. 

I couldnt imagine an NFL team trading a top 3 QB in there prime, yet, here we are.

46 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

If this is the case then we need a new GM.  That is not the standard for the league, it has been for the Jets for sure.  If JD can't take 5 picks over 2 years in the top 34...and turn at least 3 to them into impactful NFL starters than he shouldn't have a job.

Certainly your point to last years draft and I agree with 100%.  As of right now, it was a bad job.  But if he's incapable of drafting quality players with 5 picks, how's he going to do with 1 or 2?

So you'll end up with a high priced QB and 4 win team instead of a 2 win team with a young inexpensive QB.

You make it seem like getting Watson and all of a sudden we're going to the Super Bowl.  It's still a rebuid.

He's 28-26 as a starter, coming off a 4 win season - not exactly someone you're going to plug into a sh*tty roster and he's all of a sudden going to make it a contender.  He's not that type of player.

We're better served keeping our picks, trading Sam, taking a QB at 2 and build around him.

The bold is absolutely not true.  I've said in this thread, at least 5 times, it's not about 2021 or even 2022 for that matter, it's about 15 years of having a top 3 QB in the NFL.   

And yes, he is that type of player.  100%.  

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

45 minutes ago, Pac said:

Unfortunately I do..  all of them.

I've seen horrific coaching, injuries galore, and complacent gm'ing give the impression that a promising young QB is broken beyond repair.

If we run it back with Sam next year and surround him with what is possible with our picks and in FA, I believe we will see young Sam rise like a m'fin Phoenix and serve a plate of Crow so bountiful, that his haters will be  choking on beaks and talons for months!

SO IT IS SAID, SO IT SHALL BE.

Wrong person to ask, you love sh*tty QB's so this is probably still highly entertaining, maybe even your favorite Jets team ever since Sam is the worst QB in the NFL.

11 minutes ago, JiF said:

I couldnt imagine an NFL team trading a top 3 QB in there prime, yet, here we are.

Are we though? 

high quality GIF

ill believe Watson gets traded when Watson gets traded not before 

his playing another 15 years is speculative, based on his injury history 

and if they trade all these assets and pay him 30+ they won't be able to build what they need to make sure Watson doesn't tear his 3rd ACL or break his collarbone again or whatever

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, FidelioJet said:

20 minutes ago, JiF said:

3 picks in the top 34 this year, we don't know what next year looks like. you can assume we're the 2nd worse team in the league. We got better by subtraction. Gase is gone. This team without Gase wins more than 2 games. 

Watson absolutely is that type of player. He's 28-25 and one of those seasons was only 6 games. 

Since you are in the "take a qb at 2" camp... who is your guy there... Wilson, Fields or Lance?if that qb at 2 fails and just 1 of the other picks doesn't pan out then what. Odds are not in your favor also define impactful. Watson is at the top of the Position. Is impactful Jamal Adams? 

1237471406_ScreenShot2021-01-29at1_35_40PM.thumb.png.d86c3fa01168095381a1b4851c627e15.png

dude is a stud. also has been sacked more than Sam every year and still puts up good numbers with no offensive line. 

I understand the wanting to keep the picks. But if you don't think Watson is more than likely better than every QB in this draft and the next draft other than maybe 1, maybe. 

I would understand not trading for Watson but I don't think Wilson or Fields are it, not at 2. If we are going the route of not doing what we can to acquire Watson just trade back and get any of the QB's later and insert him into the Shanahan offense, don't need to spend #2 on those QBs

9 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Are we though? 

high quality GIF

and if they trade all these assets and pay him 30+ they won't be able to build what they need to make sure Watson doesn't tear his 3rd ACL or break his collarbone again or whatever

Ummmm,  yes, like 100%.  Watson isnt playing for the Texans.  He's played 51 straight football games, Sam Darnold has never played a full season.

Sometimes I want to shake you.  

11 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Are we though? 

high quality GIF

Can't project injuries. You going to push for Zach Wilson, lol. that kid has already had shoulder surgery, and will be getting another, and a hand surgery. is the size of a 13 year old. 

Sam has been sacked less than Watson, somehow if we got Watson he'd be moving to an improved line. 

7 minutes ago, Stark said:

Can't project injuries. You going to push for Zach Wilson, lol. that kid has already had shoulder surgery, and will be getting another, and a hand surgery. is the size of a 13 year old. 

Sam has been sacked less than Watson, somehow if we got Watson he'd be moving to an improved line. 

im team sewell which makes me hugely unpopular with all other fans 

the Jets don't have the infrastructure to protect any QB, even Trevor, (but they'd have to take him anyway)

this isn't really about what the fans want and it never was

if Coach Saleh can revive Sam's career he will look like a genius, and if he doesn't, well nothing really lost... it's a free year from his perspective 

that's the game theory way through not push all in on Watson or Wilson/Fields in year 1 of Saleh 

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, JiF said:

Ummmm,  yes, like 100%.  Watson isnt playing for the Texans.  He's played 51 straight football games, Sam Darnold has never played a full season.

Sometimes I want to shake you.  

Proving Sam Sucks is not the same as proving Watson is durable 

these are different discussions altogether

yes he's played for a while without missing games he's also getting older every day and has a serious injury history

he's not Big Ben or Cam Newton sized dude. and time catches up with those guys too 

the toothpaste doesn't go back in the tube 

6 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Proving Sam Sucks is not the same as proving Watson is durable 

these are different discussions altogether

yes he's played for a while without missing games he's also getting older every day and has a serious injury history

he's not Big Ben or Cam Newton sized dude. and time catches up with those guys too 

the toothpaste doesn't go back in the tube 

I cant even with you sometimes....this is...I dont even...ugh...fine.  lol