How Much Does Woody Factor In the Watson Trade Talks?

BettyBoop

Despite all the damage Chris Johnson has done to this team he has received some recognition for getting out of the way over the last few months.  He fired Gaze and has presumably allowed Douglas to hire Saleh and have him report to him (Douglas).  Finally!  In a typical Jets way, now that Chris Johnson has had this epiphany, he leaves and Woody re-takes the command.

We all know that Woody loves the back pages more than anything else.  Will Woody be as patient as Chris?  And how much will he interfere with Douglas involving the Watson trade negotiations?  I’m concerned.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, BettyBoop said:

We all know that Woody loves the back pages more than anything else.  Will Woody be as patient as Chris?  And how much will he interfere with Douglas involving the Watson trade negotiations?  I’m concerned.

As much as I dislike Woody, I never understood the narrative that paints him as a George Steinbrenner type who likes to interfere and make splashy moves. Where is the evidence for this?

The Favre signing? That was Mike Tannenbaum.

Tebow? That's something Rex and Tannenbaum cooked up one day over ice cream cones.

Woody is worried about perception. Whether he was involved with Farve, or Tebow we'll never know for sure, but one thing is for certain, he can't be allowed to step in front of anything that JD wants to accomplish or else I believe that both DJ and Saleh will figure that out and want to hit the road. 

39 minutes ago, BettyBoop said:

Despite all the damage Chris Johnson has done to this team he has received some recognition for getting out of the way over the last few months.  He fired Gaze and has presumably allowed Douglas to hire Saleh and have him report to him (Douglas).  Finally!  In a typical Jets way, now that Chris Johnson has had this epiphany, he leaves and Woody re-takes the command.

Hopefully Woody let’s Douglas do his job and doesn’t interfere 

18 minutes ago, BroadwayRay said:

As much as I dislike Woody, I never understood the narrative that paints him as a George Steinbrenner type who likes to interfere and make splashy moves. Where is the evidence for this?

The Favre signing? That was Mike Tannenbaum.

Tebow? That's something Rex and Tannenbaum cooked up one day over ice cream cones.

Seriously? You don't remember the almost tampering charges we had because of Woody stating he wanted Tebow and "you can never have too much Tebow?"

I think it could be a factor but I think Woody has probably bought in to leaving JD in charge.

24 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

Seriously? You don't remember the almost tampering charges we had because of Woody stating he wanted Tebow and "you can never have too much Tebow?"

I think it could be a factor but I think Woody has probably bought in to leaving JD in charge.

That happened because the man is an idiot. The record is clear that Tebow was the brainchild of Ryan and Tannenbaum.