And you bros thought the Adam Gase press conference was bad?

T0mShane

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

Not everyone is a Public Speaker.  

This looks like typical "Oh **** lost my place, sh*t, um, AHHHHHH" public speaking panic attack.

Gase sounded fine, he just LOOKED insane.

He's probably good friends with Gase and conferred with him for guidance prior to the presser.

47 minutes ago, jetophile said:

I don't belong to Twitter so it  wouldn't allow me to see it, that's always hit and miss; but certainly not enough for me to ever sign up for it.

Was it what he said or how he said it? If anybody recalls, Eric Mangini came across like a frumpy schlumpy schlub. I was surprised at the time that he didn't have a mustard stain on his shirt.

You should be able to watch it without having Twitter. I did.

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Who gives a f'ck.

There have been odd coaches.

Quiet coaches

Bombastic coaches

confident coaches

None of that means a thing.

It's like on this forum where physical appearance means so much to people, does the guy look like a player does the guy look like a coach.

Also: does the guy wear a shirt?

It's a very important question for some poster.

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Bieniemy should straight up sue the whole world

Adam “The Exterminator” Gaze’s presser WAS the worst.  And it went downhill for him from there.  Funny thing about exterminators is they’re supposed to leave the place in better shape, not worse shape.

“I like to study great players and great athletes and great coaches, and Kobe Bryant is one person I’d love to study more than anybody, and he talked about how, yes he was extremely talented, but at the core of his game was the fundamentals. And when you can combine the fundamentals and you combine that with the talent, that’s when you get a player to reach the level of excellence.”

FundamentalsWinsChampionships

3 hours ago, dbatesman said:

I don't think there's a ton of correlation between skill in talking to reporters and skill in coaching (with the glaring exception of Gase, recent Jets coaches are undefeated in press conferences). But man, Philly is maybe the worst place in the league to bomb that introductory presser.

The system failed him. 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Warfish said:

Not everyone is a Public Speaker.  

This looks like typical "Oh **** lost my place, sh*t, um, AHHHHHH" public speaking panic attack.

Gase sounded fine, he just LOOKED insane.

My favorite  part of every Gase presser was how after the press was done asking him questions, he bolted away from the podium like someone he owed money to was their to beat the ? out of him.

• Sympathy 1

4 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Who gives a f'ck.

Quiet coaches

Bombastic coaches

confident coaches

It's like on this forum where physical appearance means so much to people, does the guy look like a player does the guy look like a coach.

"Well, let's see,  I'm a highly skilled public speaker . . . I think I'll go into football."

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Bieniemy should straight up sue the whole world

Jesus Christ, he sounds like a Pot addled E-4 trying to convince the 1st Sergeant hes totally fit to be an NCO, despite the 3 DUIs, stripper marriage, and 27% Car loan he defaulted on in 4 months.

Still did better than Gasehole and the Coked up tism spectacle.

9 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Who gives a f'ck.

Quiet coaches

Bombastic coaches

confident coaches

We're spectators. What else are we supposed to comment on?

comunication is important. You'd expect an NFL coach to be media trained, it's part of the brief. 

7 hours ago, CanadienJetsFan said:

Less thinking, more talent, I gotta try that sometime.

But in my opinion, the dude in Detroit was way more entertaining.

Campbell's press conference was like a slow motion car crash.

But, to his credit, he is assembling a very impressive coaching staff in Detroit.

• Upvote 1