And you bros thought the Adam Gase press conference was bad?

T0mShane

11 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

These are guys that are all of a sudden thrust into a much more public persona.

As coordinators they're not giving press conferences.  They might answer some questions but nothing like what they're being asked to do here.

They'll learn.  You're not hiring them to be Public Speakers.

I agree that public speaking is hard and you can learn but it wasn’t just style with him, the substance was pretty thin and mostly worn out cliches. I think he’ll have trouble winning over vets in the locker room and commanding respect. The Philly media guys were saying someone like Fletcher Cox was probably rolling his eyes and wondering how this guy got the job. That’s an awfully tough town to be young an inexperienced in. 

6 minutes ago, docdhc said:

I agree that public speaking is hard and you can learn but it wasn’t just style with him, the substance was pretty thin and mostly worn out cliches. I think he’ll have trouble winning over vets in the locker room and commanding respect. The Philly media guys were saying someone like Fletcher Cox was probably rolling his eyes and wondering how this guy got the job. That’s an awfully tough town to be young an inexperienced in. 

That was a :40 clip of an entire press conference.  I'm not going to judge him on that (I didn't see the rest nor am I going to find it)

With that said, I agree with that logic.  Keep things simply so your players can play.  

What specifics did we hear from Saleh?  A lot of platitudes too....It's what they do.

I'm quite certain I can go back and find :40 of Saleh in his intro press conference that would sound as simplistic as that.

1 minute ago, FidelioJet said:

That was a :40 clip of an entire press conference.  I'm not going to judge him on that (I didn't see the rest nor am I going to find it)

With that said, I agree with that logic.  Keep things simply so your players can play.  

What specifics did we hear from Saleh?  A lot of platitudes too....It's what they do.

I live in Philly area and saw more of it. He really seemed over his head. Speculation is Eagles owner and gm wanted a guy they could control. Saleh just seemed to be ready for his moment. For the first time in a long time the Eagles seem to be the clown show and the Jets seem on the rise. You’re right though, can’t judge much based on intro presser but I feel a lot better with our hire. 

4 minutes ago, docdhc said:

I live in Philly area and saw more of it. He really seemed over his head. Speculation is Eagles owner and gm wanted a guy they could control. Saleh just seemed to be ready for his moment. For the first time in a long time the Eagles seem to be the clown show and the Jets seem on the rise. You’re right though, can’t judge much based on intro presser but I feel a lot better with our hire. 

I'm out near Philly too, and I agree - most fans I know aren't happy with the hire.

Virtually every Jet fans seems to be happy with the Saleh hire. 

I thought the lunatic up in Detroit was far worse than this - talking about biting knee caps and such.  This guy just seemed like standard coach speak stuff.

Across the board, from the front office down to the QB, the Eagles have had a bad couple of years though, no doubt.