2012 16 Quinton Coples DE North Carolina 4 4  
2013 9 Dee Milliner CB Alabama 3 3  
13 Sheldon Richardson DT Missouri 7* 4  
2014 18 Calvin Pryor S Louisville 4 3  
2015 6 Leonard Williams DT USC 5* 5  
2016 20 Darron Lee LB Ohio State 4* 3  
2017 6 Jamal Adams S LSU 3* 3 [36]
2018 3 Sam Darnold QB USC 2* 2*

Out of this group of 10, only adams, richardson and wilkerson were what I would call winners. The rest were so so at best or outright busts.

Would you rather this group, or

Tom Brady?

Patrick Mahomes?

Andrew Luck?

The Texans were smart enough (when people said that) to draft Watson with the 12th pick in the Draft.

If the Texans thought they could replicate Watson with the 2nd pick in this year's draft, get a few more picks, unload Watson's cap space and rebuild, that is a deal they should do all day, given the state of their cap and their roster.  They don't need 4 1st round picks to do that deal.

But the question is whether they believe that, likely Fields, maybe Wilson, can be as good, or close to good, as Watson.  I don't think they do. 

Do you take alot more picks and try your luck with Lance lower in the draft (may need top 5 for him), maybe.  

That is what this process really comes down to-who thinks that Fields and Wilson will be top QBs in the NFL?  Just like the teams that thought Mayfield, Darnold, Trubisky and Bortles would be.

1 minute ago, varjet said:

The Texans were smart enough (when people said that) to draft Watson with the 12th pick in the Draft.

If the Texans thought they could replicate Watson with the 2nd pick in this year's draft, get a few more picks, unload Watson's cap space and rebuild, that is a deal they should do all day, given the state of their cap and their roster.  They don't need 4 1st round picks to do that deal.

But the question is whether they believe that, likely Fields, maybe Wilson, can be as good, or close to good, as Watson.  I don't think they do. 

Do you take alot more picks and try your luck with Lance lower in the draft (may need top 5 for him), maybe.  

That is what this process really comes down to-who thinks that Fields and Wilson will be top QBs in the NFL?  Just like the teams that thought Mayfield, Darnold, Trubisky and Bortles would be.

Yes but keep in mind the one difference: You already KNOW Watson is good. You dont know if any pick will bust.

More reason why what they are offering is a big deal, and a few measly draft picks is nothing. 

I would NEVER trade watson for 2 1st rounders! (if I had a choice)

NFL rumors: AFC East rival ranks ahead of Jets on Texans’ Deshaun Watson’s trade destination wish list

Updated 8:26 AM; Today 5:08 AM 
Cleveland Browns vs. Houston Texans, November 15, 2020

Houston Texans quarterback Deshaun Watson is looking for a trade before the start of the 2021 season.John Kuntz, cleveland.com

Facebook Share
Twitter Share

Time for your daily Deshaun Watson trade rumors update.

Get a free bet for the Super Bowl

As a new customer, you can get free bets on the Super Bowl. We have put together a list of the best NFL betting offers available.

View the latest and best Super Bowl free bets and offers

And this one won’t go over well with Jets fans hoping for a deal with the Houston Texans.

SNY’s Ralph Vacchiano reports that “according to a source who has spoken with people close to Watson, the 25-year-old quarterback doesn’t have the Jets at the top of his wish list.”

On top of that, NFL scout Matt Miller says “No disrespect to other reporters, but I’ve been told the Jets are NOT his preferred destination should a trade take place. His no-trade clause makes this very important.”

But there a silver lining here. Even though the Jets are not atop Watson’s trade wish list, New York is one of the teams to which he would accept a deal. Vacchiano reports “the Jets are one of them, the source said, because of Watson’s affection for new Jets coach Robert Saleh. But the Dolphins might be just as attractive, if not more, because of Watson’s respect for Dolphins coach Brian Flores, their young core of talent, and the fact that there’s no state income tax in Florida.”

Watson, a three-time Pro Bowl selection, is disgruntled after being frozen out on Houston’s decision-making process when the Texans hired general manager Nick Caserio and head coach David Culley.

16 hours ago, HighPitch said:

Thank You. I try to think outside of the box at all times because I am a student of human nature and "parroting" is widespread and counterproductive.

And on this we agree. I have all of these Jets feeds on instagram and twitter and whenever anything drops its as if 250 people are all breaking the story. lol I don' have a problem with it from the perspective of trying to build a little something for themselves, but I do find it funny and use it as a reminder not to be that way. It's just not me. :)