The ***OFFICIAL*** Sammy is coming back THREAD let's talk about the weaponz we can add with our top picks

11 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Would anything be more Jetsy than going all in on Sam Darnold and drafting a Tight End with our #1 pick at this point?

What are we picking with our other #1, a DT?

Kittle is a key piece to this offense in SF.  And yes, he turned out to be a player that has been worth a top 10-20 selection.   The TE will probably be more important than the receivers

3 minutes ago, dcJet said:

If Fields or Wilson blow up and we have Genold, JD is toast.

Bad narrative... JD and Saleh will have at least 4 more years together if not more to build this team... So while you might not like it, you better get used to it... We just got rid of the cancer that was Gase, and already you're calling for JD's head...

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 2

16 minutes ago, Samtorobby47 said:

If Sammy is back:

Trade down to 6 or 8 take Chase or Pitts - I think this 

C/G at 23 or trade that down - I don't think this 

Sign Godwin or Robinson - I think this is possible, with Curtis Samuel being more likely

Dominate. - Hopefully but not probably... yet

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

33 minutes ago, freestater said:

It's official. 

The thread that is. But common....we all know the jets are bringing back Sammy and are going to surround him with as much talent as they can get. Pitts maybe, depending on how far we trade back. Chase is still my top WR, Smith definitely a 1a. I'd really like an interior lineman at 23 or 34. Who else ya got?

I personally don't mind trading back twice if the Jets go no further than early teens. Once to 4-7 and then once more if they can find the partner and value. Accumulate as much draft capital as possible to move up or down whenever an opportunity appears the next couple years. I'm all in in trusting JD and the FO/coaching staff. Draft Waddle or Smith or Pitts, build the weapons and line. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

16 minutes ago, 68JET11 said:

Bad narrative... JD and Saleh will have at least 4 more years together if not more to build this team... So while you might not like it, you better get used to it... We just got rid of the cancer that was Gase, and already you're calling for JD's head...

No one is calling for JDs head but the QB decision will be his. He builds the roster. If he passes on a qb and he ends up being good and sam maintains a game manager you don’t think JD will be criticized?

Do you know how many “mac passed on mahomes” threads there are in this place?

• Upvote 4

Just now, Samtorobby47 said:

If we walk away in free agency with Curtis Samuel as our big ticket free agent. I’ll be pissed. 

Never said that. But as far as WRs go, it's possible that he's the primary receiver add in FA while adding more in the draft. I think Chase and/or Toney are realistic. Godwin is the top target, but he may get tagged. Allen Robinson may not be what they're looking for as a Z-receiver (although I want him to be). Big ticket may be an OL, DE, or both, with Curtis Samuel in the cards as well. 

• Upvote 1

I’ve made too much of an emotional and time investment in Darnold to not want to see what he does in a completely improved situation. It may be fools gold but at least if it doesn’t work out I can have peace of mind knowing that.

I’m also ok with taking a rookie at 2 or trading with Watson. There really isn’t a bad option in my book outside of going with some random veteran with no upside. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

If Sam is coming back I look for JD to trade back.  Maybe multiple times to add a second or two.

IMO

Don't be surprised to see pass rushers and corners drafted in round one if the board falls.

I could see a trade back to 9 and maybe another to the teens.

Add a DE/CB and RT in 1.

WR, DE/CB, and C in round 2.

WLB, and a RB in the 3rd. 

If no trade backs then:

1- CB, RT.    I wish there was an edge worthy of the #2. 

2-Edge

3-C, RB

try to sign a receiver 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

Hope we get Watson but indeed intrigued if we don’t how the draft will play out. My preference would be moving down a few slots, with either Cindy or Atlanta, and hopefully end up with either chase or Sewell.

Beyond that, I think at 23, we might get lucky and have a decent pass rusher fall into our laps. 

At 34, I would take the opposite of what we did at the top of the draft. If we took Sewell, target a WR (hopefully Bateman, toney, or Marshall). If we took chase, look for an oline that can fit in this system.

28 minutes ago, 68JET11 said:

This is the time for JD to make his move. He wont have another opportunity to get what could be a FQB in Watson, Fields or Wilson.  If he 'waits' until next year or the year after, it will  be more costly and he wont have the ammo to move the draft. He'll be compromised with a Macc type move like signing a Fitzpatrick type QB. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 2

1 minute ago, peekskill68 said:

The same could be said in both directions.  He trades Darnold and gets it wrong on Fields or Wilson, he's also toast

I think taking the quarterback is more dangerous to his job than passing on them.

He can keep pushing the QB back a year or two while he builds the roster, but once he picks a QB high, he's on borrowed time. 

• Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, peekskill68 said:

The same could be said in both directions.  He trades Darnold and gets it wrong on Fields or Wilson, he's also toast

Then if that's the way it goes, so be it.  We've seen enough of Darnold.  He's failed to improve.  At this point you just cut your losses and move on. You don't reinvest in a huge question mark.  Darnold will never be an elite QB.  So many have pointed out his obvious flaws.  He's not Trent Dilfer but he's not going to be a Philip Rivers.  Somewhere in between.  

• Upvote 1