Jump to content

***OFFICIAL*** Senior Bowl thread


Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Paradis said:

You wouldn’t even know they were playing. 

I noticed Kylin Hill on one play cut hard to his right and run into a guard while there huge hole to his left.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I think Dez Fitzpatrick is the only WR so far who’s inspired me to spend some time on their past seasons. Felton got that from a week of decent to good practices. 

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Paradis said:

I think Dez Fitzpatrick is the only WR so far who’s inspired me to spend some time on their past seasons. Felton got that from a week of decent to good practices. 

Eye opening performance.

How is the black team losing? (They werent)

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

I'm not watching, but I see these posts about my boy Michael Carter - give me some info?

He’s the only RB who showed up. It’s probably time I sat down and took a good look at those two Tar Heels 

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Paradis said:

He’s the only RB who showed up. It’s probably time I sat down and took a good look at those two Tar Heels 

Dude. They are the remedy to all this “RB in the first round” rhetoric.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

I noticed Kylin Hill on one play cut hard to his right and run into a guard while there huge hole to his left.

I think Hill might be fools gold. It’s easy to get smitten with his flashy bounce-around-the-trenches plays he makes (worked on me initially)... but there’s lot missing. Poor long speed. Questionable vision. Lacks size for his running style etc 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

Yeboah has got the size AND a really nice game against Alabama.

Interesting.  During the week, there was concerns that he was a little undersized coming in a little under 6'4" and under 250.  He needs to add weight, get stronger and work on his blocking.  Otherwise he is going to be strictly a split out tight end, or just a big wide receiver.  Nothing wrong with that, just harder to find a role in the offense without versatility.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Paradis said:

He’s the only RB who showed up. It’s probably time I sat down and took a good look at those two Tar Heels 

Nice. Can't wait to watch some of the game tape from today.

Some people are raving about JaVonte, specifically the PFF dudes. 

I'm clearly just a red-bearded amateur, but I think Carter has the vision, accel, agility and receiving skills to succeed on Sundays.

Only thing I'm worried about is what this week has done for his stock. He might be gone by the third round now. 

  • Upvote 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

Dude. They are the remedy to all this “RB in the first round” rhetoric.

Given the state of our roster, and the ability of Shanny’s system to prop up average backs… If we spent a first round pick on a running back I will be mortified. Totally torpedo my faith in Joe Douglas.

Gainwell in the 3rd is where you start thinking about that. 

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

Nice. Can't wait to watch some of the game tape from today.

Some people are raving about JaVonte, specifically the PFF dudes. 

I'm clearly just a red-bearded amateur, but I think Carter has the vision, accel, agility and receiving skills to succeed on Sundays.

Only thing I'm worried about is what this week has done for his stock. He might be gone by the third round now. 

The games I watched last year Carter looked like the better player to me.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

The games I watched last year Carter looked like the better player to me.

I haven't watched full games, I've only seen YouTube - but I like Carter better. 

Curious, with his tape and his senior bowl performance, what round would you project him in now? Are we talking dude is a second round pick now? Is it time to move on to other running backs?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, RedBeardedSavage said:

I haven't watched full games, I've only seen YouTube - but I like Carter better. 

Curious, with his tape and his senior bowl performance, what round would you project him in now? Are we talking dude is a second round pick now? Is it time to move on to other running backs?

No clue, I'll have to put my draft spreadsheet together and get a better idea where various sites have him listed

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

Nice. Can't wait to watch some of the game tape from today.

Some people are raving about JaVonte, specifically the PFF dudes. 

I'm clearly just a red-bearded amateur, but I think Carter has the vision, accel, agility and receiving skills to succeed on Sundays.

Only thing I'm worried about is what this week has done for his stock. He might be gone by the third round now. 

They’re both excellent. They both catch, they both hit holes aggressively. Don’t worry about which is better, they’re both insane value if they reach round 3.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

Nice. Can't wait to watch some of the game tape from today.

Some people are raving about JaVonte, specifically the PFF dudes. 

I'm clearly just a red-bearded amateur, but I think Carter has the vision, accel, agility and receiving skills to succeed on Sundays.

Only thing I'm worried about is what this week has done for his stock. He might be gone by the third round now. 

Here's a run from javonte. You don't need high level analytics to fall in love

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Sammybighead said:

There's a good video of both of those guys vs Miami on YouTube. They destroyed that defense. But I gotta be honest, I prefer the agility/change of direction to the bruiser style.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Sammybighead said:

Here's a run from javonte. You don't need high level analytics to fall in love

It’s even better when the analytics tell you that you’re not wrong when your drooling over a prospect.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

There's a good video of both of those guys vs Miami on YouTube. They destroyed that defense. But I gotta be honest, I prefer the agility/change of direction to the bruiser style.

 

Also a nice player: Dyami Brown. Sleeper pick at WR. I think he’s gonna be a nice player who lives off YAC at the next level. 

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, FloridaJetsFan said:

Michael Carter is from the town in Florida that I live - Navarre. He's the son of a career Air Force man and is VERY VERY disciplined. He is a little undersized at 5'8" but he is a BEAST!!!! Would love to have him as a Jet!!!

Like a Darren Sproles type?

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Not even watching because I heard we were trading literally every one of our draft picks for Deshaun Watson, after which we will go 4-12 every year

That’s more whack than crack bruv!

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Paradis said:

He’s the only RB who showed up. It’s probably time I sat down and took a good look at those two Tar Heels 

Watch the Miami game where both he and Williams went over 200 yards, Carter 300 yards vs #10 Miami 

https://www.tarheeltimes.com/article120954.aspx

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



×
×
  • Create New...