Stafford traded to Rams

Rhg1084

9 minutes ago, football guy said:

I still think the Jets-Panthers have a gentlemen’s agreement. We’ll see 

? Hmmm! #8, #39, #73 this year. 
2135 vs. #2 value of 2600.

There would need to be a ‘22 1st & maybe this year’s 2nd & 3rd? And Robby Anderson LOL

Is that too much in light of the QB market?

57 minutes ago, Barkus said:

2 1st rounders + for 33yr old oft injured QB who has never won a playoff game??

just realized part of the cost is also for Detroit to take Goff’s awful contract too.

Stafford was very durable most of his career. He’s gotten killed the last year because of protection. He’s not “oft-injured”.

56 minutes ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

The rams might have the dumbest front office in the league. Never seen a team just throw so many first round picks away. How many is that now theyve traded away?5?6? In a row.

Gonna be funny watching them fail with stat padford.

Houston Texans front office says “hold my beer”.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, football guy said:

Interesting. I feel like it's way too early to be coming up with any type of agreement. And this is why.

Hoping for a bidding war for the 2nd pick

• Upvote 1

holy shi*, never fails. I spend all day on this stinking forum and nothing happens.  I go down to cycle for 45 minutes and this happens. 

That was about the price some talking heads were speculating about earlier this week , at least two first rounders and I just laughed at it.

I would guess that the high price has to do with Detroit taking on the Goff contact.

• Upvote 1

i dont know why anyone is surprised. good QBs dont grow on trees. what happend was a bidding war over Stafford. some team said i give you one first rd, and the Rams said, ok i give you 2. i want him, i want to win NOW.

and that whats going to happen with Watson. he was always going to get at least 4 #1s. and more. once the bidding starts it will be all that plus some other late rd picks and maybe players too. maybe this will get you guys all out of fantasy world.

i never  thought Watson would come here. but if im wrong and he does want to come here. we give whatever it takes. hes too good to pass up. at worst if we lose out we drove up the price for other teams.

as someone else mentioned how the Rams give up all there #1s , yet i pointed out how good they are in spite of that. it can be done if JD is as good as we hope. 

• Upvote 2

Just now, Beerfish said:

holy shi*, never fails. I spend all day on this stinking forum and nothing happens.  I go down to cycle for 45 minutes and this happens. 

That was about the price some talking heads were speculating about earlier this week , at least two first rounders and I just laughed at it.

I would guess that the high price has to do with Detroit taking on the Goff contact.

Wouldn’t the same apply to Jets taking on Watson contract while Texans get inexpensive rookie Qb. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, johnnysd said:

People seem to not realize that what the Rams gave up is less value than our 2nd pick. People insist on referring to 1st rounders like they have the same value. The Rams package might not even be half the value of the Jets 2nd pick because they are all in the future. 

Yep, this is exactly right and why this trade doesn’t affect our potential deal with Houston. 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

It's 3 future first rounders from a good team. Worth less than our 2nd pick. Don't mistake that JD won't know that.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Greensleeves said:

The only thing that trade would do is make it easier for the Dolphins to get him. Their picks would have more value by a good amount.

I agree but the Dolphins wouldn't have enough future capital either. If Caserio thinks like Belicheck, that will be important to him. 

• Upvote 1

Future picks are generally valued as a round less for every year out. So...

2022 1st is valued as a 2nd rd pick

2023 1st is valued as a 3rd rd pick. 

so those picks wouldn’t even be worth our Seattle 1st this year. The only crazy thing is that LA just avoids 1st round picks like they are Covid contaminated. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Get back on the peloton until we get Watson!

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, football guy said:

The second pick for 8, 39, and the Panthers first in 2022 is really, really close to fair value on the chart and kind of a win-win.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Wit said:

Holy sh*t balls. The lions got those first rounders for getting the rams out of cap hell. 

The salary diff is only $8M for 2021, 2022 and 2023.  It just saves them from being stuck with a gutless crappy QB for the next 6 years.   Even though Detroit is getting 3 draft picks, I feel like the Rams got the better of them.   Goff sucks and McVay had it with him.  They will probably draft a QB this year or next.  

San Fran is going to get a new QB as well.  Mostly because they can cut Garoppolo this year with minimal cap implications.  So either SF trades for Darnold, Watson or drafts one in the 1st  round.

5 minutes ago, joebabyny said:

Future picks are generally valued as a round less for every year out. So...

2022 1st is valued as a 2nd rd pick

2023 1st is valued as a 3rd rd pick.

First part yes, second part no. Picks two years out don't get traded often enough for there to really be a standard discount rate but in practice it's definitely less than another full round. I've seen that written before but it's off.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Jetlife33 said:

I wonder who we would target at 8 if this hypothetical deal happened. 

They’d need to be okay with taking Waddle, a a subsequent trade down, or a QB who falls to 8. Possibly Slater as well.

Theoretically the Panthers’ 2022 first is a significant asset.

Top two picks are Lawrence and Wilson/Fields.

I’d think Smith, Chase, Pitts, and Sewell are of interest at 8. If you’re interested in Waddle, Slater, and the other of Fields/Wilson or Lance at 8 then they just take who falls.

• Upvote 2

13 hours ago, PS17 said:

Pelissero just said a team in the top ten this year offered the Lions their first (Carolina or Denver at 8/9 I’m sure).

Why on earth did they not take that deal? 

Good question.  And, if a supposed offense/QB guru like McVay doesn't think he can win with Goff then who the hell thinks Dan Campbell can win with him?

• Haha 3