Texans’ Demands For Deshaun Watson Trade Revealed

Bronx

4 hours ago, Philc1 said:

He also built a baseball field out of a corn farm and the ghost of Shoeless Joe Jackson showed up

Yeah, but that isn't as impressive as surviving an apocalyptic flood event. I also think setting up a post modern civil war postal system is pretty impressive too. When he plowed under that subsidized corn field he was merely acting as a conduit for ghost to work through. 

If the Jets give up 3 first round picks including # 2 overall for Watson that would be among the stupidest things the Jets have ever done, and that is saying a lot. I can't believe anyone in their right mind would go for that. The guy rely's heavily on his wheels, both wheels are damaged. He is a hit away from being done. People are losing their mind. Give up something like 1.23 and 2022 2nd round pick, and if they want Sam, take him too. Any more than that and Texans can pound salt. This is getting flat out insane.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 6
  • WTF? 1

1 hour ago, section314 said:

Interesting what name isn't on that list.?

doesn’t mean much. It’s not to say he didn’t like a guy; could’ve very well had a 7.0 grade, which is worth a top 5 pick—especially as a QB. The way their grading system works is basically on an 8-point scale with a few other variables such as scheme fit and intangibles with certain qualifiers if something needs to be closely monitored.

Anything above a 6.7 is usually a day 1 caliber player. 6.1-6.6 is usually a day 2 player. 5.8-6.0 is a Day 3 player. Anything above a 7.0 is elite. 8.0 is practically impossible to reach... only time they’re given out is for veterans.

QBs are generally weighted differently on the board. For example, some drafts the best QB will be a 6.8 yet will still be deemed worthy to go #1. 

If my info is correct, Douglas gave Sam a 7.36 while with the Eagles, which is essentially a player who projects as a high-impact starter with the ability to become a perennial All-Pro type player. Carson Wentz was right there with him but just a tad lower, and his eval naturally gave him a path to the VPPP job soon after the draft. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

6 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

Ok for the sake of argument Darnold becomes a top 16 Qb next year.... are you then signing him to a 5 year $150m deal or let him walk?

Or can Wilson become a top 16 Qb by year3 which makes picking up the 5th year option a no brainer and possibly he becomes top 10 deserving an extension in those last 2 years.

Sticking with Sam puts us in one of 2positions next year. Signing/tagging him next year to big money or wasting another year and being in the same spot next year picking ten to fifteen..... no QB

You can franchise him for a year and see if he can do it again.

7 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

Ok for the sake of argument Darnold becomes a top 16 Qb next year.... are you then signing him to a 5 year $150m deal or let him walk?

Or can Wilson become a top 16 Qb by year3 which makes picking up the 5th year option a no brainer and possibly he becomes top 10 deserving an extension in those last 2 years.

Sticking with Sam puts us in one of 2positions next year. Signing/tagging him next year to big money or wasting another year and being in the same spot next year picking ten to fifteen..... no QB

Which is one of the many reasons why they're not keeping Sam Darnold.

If you're keeping your QB you don't tell the world you're considering trading him.  You say he's your guy. 

Even if you're truly on the fence about him you don't tell the world you're on the fence about him (which is what they're doing) you support him fully and make a move later if that's your decision.

• Post of the Week 1

21 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

If the Jets move forward with Darnold I expect them to sign him to a “3-year extension” which will essentially guarantee his option money, but the team will be able to get out of the contract easily and keep Darnold under contract reasonably. Not much different than Teddy Bridgewater’s contract. If he outperforms that for 2-3 seasons, then the Jets should be happy to pay him thereafter

4 minutes ago, football guy said:

If the Jets move forward with Darnold I expect them to sign him to a “3-year extension” which will essentially guarantee his option money, but the team will be able to get out of the contract easily and keep Darnold under contract reasonably. Not much different than Teddy Bridgewater’s contract. If he outperforms that for 2-3 seasons, then the Jets should be happy to pay him thereafter

In my mind this is absurd, how in the world can you give a 3 year deal to him? Based on what? 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

19 minutes ago, football guy said:

Is this really the hill JD wants to die on? Sam Darnold.... a player he didn’t even draft? Is Lefleur even involved in this decision? After watching 3 seasons of game film and seeing Sam regress he’d sign onto rebuilding this player’s crushed psyche, confidence & mechanics just to be able to say “he’s now a top 22 Qb?

This compared to watching Watson or even Wilson and seeing the possibilities from day 1 vs. the long slow road to redemptive grace for Sam. I don’t see it. Kid needs a fresh start elsewhere. Jets fans can get real angry real quickly (at staff & FO)when an idiotic mistake costs us 2-3 more years of “we’ll nail down the Qb position next year” 

Just now, football guy said:

You have to research how contracts work. It’s pretty much a 1 year deal with two additional years of options years

I’m sure his agent will be appreciative of that?Maybe Sammy has had enough of this crap and tells JD I’m betting I’ll have a better chance in SF or Indy or Chicago than this place. “Tag me or let me walk after this year”

7 hours ago, football guy said:

I really do love him as a prospect. I don't say this simply because we're drafting #2 (I was telling friends the same thing when it looked like we were going 0-16), but I like Zach Wilson the most of any QB prospect since Mahomes --- that includes Trevor Lawrence (who I don't think is going to be as great as everyone says he will be). Now if I were running a team I can't say I'd dare to take that risk, but Wilson has that "it" factor you look for. He makes throws that most QBs can't or won't dare to make. 

It's not an insult to say that a QB is raw or needs time to develop. I'm a big believer that QBs need to be developed and feel most QBs bust less because they're not capable and more because they're not developed properly. I pretty much separate QB prospects into these 2 buckets: 

Thoroughbred/Cerebral Precision Passers: There are QBs out there that I believe just know how to play from a young age because they are well trained, have a high football IQ, are good decision-makers, and are going to fulfill their potential regardless what's going on around them... they have high floors and could have high ceilings as well. At their very worst they're game managers, at their very best they're cerebral prerecession passers who know how to beat a defense in a variety of ways. You don't have to alter tailor your offense to these players; they'll come in and execute what you ask, and the player's raw talent will determine how explosive that offense can be. QB prospects that come to mind... 

• Trevor Lawrence 
  • Deshaun Watson
  • Andrew Luck 
  • Matt Ryan 
  • Carson Wentz
  • Teddy Bridgewater 
  • Blaine Gabbert 
  • Josh Rosen 
  • Matthew Stafford
  • Daniel Jones 
  • Ben Roethlisberger

Gunslinger/Developmental System Passers; Then, there are unconventional QBs who have rare, explosive characteristics which if harnessed and developed properly, could result in elite production. They're pretty much multi-sport athletes who just have "it". These, in my mind, are developmental/system QBs... but when I say "developmental/system" it's no disrespect to that player. They could easily develop into the games top QB (see Aaron Rodgers), but they need a lot more "hand holding" early on as it pertains to coaching, scheme, game plan, and responsibilities. Once they fully mature they can beat defenses cerebrally, but it will take a lot more coaching than your traditional "thoroughbred". However, they can just as easily fall flat if they're not paired with the right coach/scheme early on. Some QBs that come to mind... 

• Zach Wilson
  • Patrick Mahomes 
  • Aaron Rodgers 
  • Kyler Murray 
  • Sam Darnold 
  • Josh Allen 
  • Cam Newton
  • Derek Carr 
  • Ryan Tannehill 
  • Alex Smith 
  • Mitchell Trubisky
  • Russell Wilson

I'm just thinking back off the top of my head so apologies for the random order, but notice that I'm not segregating them based on who was a bust or whose upside was highest and whatnot. There are QBs on the first list who are elite just as the second. The difference is that the QBs on the second list have lower floors because there's a greater propensity that they'll come out flat if the offense isn't catered to them or if the coaching isn't a match. 

I think Wilson is a match with this staff, and I think he has the potential to be a fantastic QB. But it's bigger than that. The Jets have to consider how long it may take him to be ready, what accommodations do they have to make, and most importantly, how much higher is his potential than Darnold's and what can they get in return for Darnold vs. the #2 pick. 

To give you an example: lets say the Jets think that Sam Darnold can realistically develop into an 83/100 overall player (top 16 QB), and think that Zach Wilson can be a 92/100 overall player (top 5 QB), what's more valuable to the team?

Option 1

• Sam Darnold (83 overall x3 weighted value) + trade #2 for 2021 1st round pick (+80 overall), 2021 2nd round pick (+70 overall), 2021 4th round pick (+50 overall), 2022 1st round pick (+75 overall), and 2022 3rd round pick (+65 overall)
  • 6 players, +589 overall in potential value acquired over 2 years. 

Option 2

• Zach Wilson (92 overall x3 weighted value) + trade Darnold for 2021 2nd round pick (+70 overall), 2021 5th round pick (+40 overall)
  • 3 players, +386 overall in potential value acquired over 1 years. 

This is a flawed metric of evaluating (the Jets grading/positional weighted value is much more sophisticated), but that's pretty much what the Jets are trying to figure out. If they think that Zach Wilson can be a 96 overall and they estimate that Darnold's ceiling is say a 75 overall player, that changes things. But if they think Darnold can be a top 16 QB, I think they hedge and bypass the opportunity to take a QB with top 5 potential in order to collect a ton of players who have a bunch of potential, while also keeping in mind that Darnold has the untapped potential to be in that top 8-12 range if he's able to channel the rare plays on a more consistent basis/eliminate the bad plays.  

One of the best posts I have seen here. They definitely need to do this analysis but in the end Sam on his 4th year presents issues that taking Wilson does not. Will be interesting to see what we do.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

8 hours ago, football guy said:

I really do love him as a prospect. I don't say this simply because we're drafting #2 (I was telling friends the same thing when it looked like we were going 0-16), but I like Zach Wilson the most of any QB prospect since Mahomes --- that includes Trevor Lawrence (who I don't think is going to be as great as everyone says he will be). Now if I were running a team I can't say I'd dare to take that risk, but Wilson has that "it" factor you look for. He makes throws that most QBs can't or won't dare to make. 

It's not an insult to say that a QB is raw or needs time to develop. I'm a big believer that QBs need to be developed and feel most QBs bust less because they're not capable and more because they're not developed properly. I pretty much separate QB prospects into these 2 buckets: 

Thoroughbred/Cerebral Precision Passers: There are QBs out there that I believe just know how to play from a young age because they are well trained, have a high football IQ, are good decision-makers, and are going to fulfill their potential regardless what's going on around them... they have high floors and could have high ceilings as well. At their very worst they're game managers, at their very best they're cerebral prerecession passers who know how to beat a defense in a variety of ways. You don't have to alter tailor your offense to these players; they'll come in and execute what you ask, and the player's raw talent will determine how explosive that offense can be. QB prospects that come to mind... 

• Trevor Lawrence 
  • Deshaun Watson
  • Andrew Luck 
  • Matt Ryan 
  • Carson Wentz
  • Teddy Bridgewater 
  • Blaine Gabbert 
  • Josh Rosen 
  • Matthew Stafford
  • Daniel Jones 
  • Ben Roethlisberger

Gunslinger/Developmental System Passers; Then, there are unconventional QBs who have rare, explosive characteristics which if harnessed and developed properly, could result in elite production. They're pretty much multi-sport athletes who just have "it". These, in my mind, are developmental/system QBs... but when I say "developmental/system" it's no disrespect to that player. They could easily develop into the games top QB (see Aaron Rodgers), but they need a lot more "hand holding" early on as it pertains to coaching, scheme, game plan, and responsibilities. Once they fully mature they can beat defenses cerebrally, but it will take a lot more coaching than your traditional "thoroughbred". However, they can just as easily fall flat if they're not paired with the right coach/scheme early on. Some QBs that come to mind... 

• Zach Wilson
  • Patrick Mahomes 
  • Aaron Rodgers 
  • Kyler Murray 
  • Sam Darnold 
  • Josh Allen 
  • Cam Newton
  • Derek Carr 
  • Ryan Tannehill 
  • Alex Smith 
  • Mitchell Trubisky
  • Russell Wilson

I'm just thinking back off the top of my head so apologies for the random order, but notice that I'm not segregating them based on who was a bust or whose upside was highest and whatnot. There are QBs on the first list who are elite just as the second. The difference is that the QBs on the second list have lower floors because there's a greater propensity that they'll come out flat if the offense isn't catered to them or if the coaching isn't a match. 

I think Wilson is a match with this staff, and I think he has the potential to be a fantastic QB. But it's bigger than that. The Jets have to consider how long it may take him to be ready, what accommodations do they have to make, and most importantly, how much higher is his potential than Darnold's and what can they get in return for Darnold vs. the #2 pick. 

To give you an example: lets say the Jets think that Sam Darnold can realistically develop into an 83/100 overall player (top 16 QB), and think that Zach Wilson can be a 92/100 overall player (top 5 QB), what's more valuable to the team?

Option 1

• Sam Darnold (83 overall x3 weighted value) + trade #2 for 2021 1st round pick (+80 overall), 2021 2nd round pick (+70 overall), 2021 4th round pick (+50 overall), 2022 1st round pick (+75 overall), and 2022 3rd round pick (+65 overall)
  • 6 players, +589 overall in potential value acquired over 2 years. 

Option 2

• Zach Wilson (92 overall x3 weighted value) + trade Darnold for 2021 2nd round pick (+70 overall), 2021 5th round pick (+40 overall)
  • 3 players, +386 overall in potential value acquired over 1 years. 

This is a flawed metric of evaluating (the Jets grading/positional weighted value is much more sophisticated), but that's pretty much what the Jets are trying to figure out. If they think that Zach Wilson can be a 96 overall and they estimate that Darnold's ceiling is say a 75 overall player, that changes things. But if they think Darnold can be a top 16 QB, I think they hedge and bypass the opportunity to take a QB with top 5 potential in order to collect a ton of players who have a bunch of potential, while also keeping in mind that Darnold has the untapped potential to be in that top 8-12 range if he's able to channel the rare plays on a more consistent basis/eliminate the bad plays.  

Great read. Better than most articles out there. 

I am assuming this would be the Panthers in a trade down. What do you do if you trade down with the Panthers and Trey Lance falls to you? Im guessing he would be on the second list with Wilson?

• Upvote 2

52 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

Is this really the hill JD wants to die on? Sam Darnold.... a player he didn’t even draft? Is Lefleur even involved in this decision? After watching 3 seasons of game film and seeing Sam regress he’d sign onto rebuilding this player’s crushed psyche, confidence & mechanics just to be able to say “he’s now a top 22 Qb?

This compared to watching Watson or even Wilson and seeing the possibilities from day 1 vs. the long slow road to redemptive grace for Sam. I don’t see it. Kid needs a fresh start elsewhere. Jets fans can get real angry real quickly (at staff & FO)when an idiotic mistake costs us 2-3 more years of “we’ll nail down the Qb position next year” 

This is what's called taking the easy way out. Doesn't matter that Douglas didn't draft him; his reputation is on the line either way considering how highly he graded him. Most of Darnold's issues are very identifiable on film and should be easily correctable in order to get him to manage games better. The more difficult question is how to do that while also maintaining the "wow" plays. Mike LaFleur is absolutely in on it, as is Knapp and Saleh... they all like Darnold a lot. As for fresh starts, he's getting one. He's with an entire new coaching staff and what will be a revamped offense. Same logo and same idiotic fanatics, but those things mean very little in the grand scheme of things. It's the dumb franchises that let fan displeasure affect their decision-making... I have confidence Douglas is not that type. 

I don't know how many times I'll have to say it but I have a feeling it definitely won't be the last time... 

1. Watson's not getting traded to the Jets. The Jets have no control over it and neither does Watson. 
  2. Jets are evaluating what's more valuable: QB Sam + trade value #2 or QB #2 + trade value Sam.

For roster building purposes it's probably keeping Sam. The kicker for the Jets is Douglas doesn't view this as a "QB he didn't draft" or "we'll nail it down next year"... he views it as built-in flexibility. He still thinks Sam can be the long-term answer. If he proves that great. If he doesn't then Joe has money and +3 1st round picks to work with to find one in 2022. It's not an either Wilson or QB next year; it's Wilson or Sam/QB next year. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, football guy said:

Jets are evaluating what's more valuable: QB Sam + trade value #2 or QB #2 + trade value Sam.

I think there is also a scenario where we keep Sam and draft a QB at #2.

Sam may be worth more next season with fewer QB's moving around, and it gives us the chance to prove/disprove that Gase was the problem and a proper HC/OC can resurrect him.  I'd love to have Darnold as a backup to Wilson.  QB's behind a rebuilding OL are always getting hurt anyway.

SAR I

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, 32EBoozer said:

What would that cost.... $30m? Pretty much the same Watson will be making and he’s been top 5 for3 years now

I'd rather have watson.  It just depends on how much it costs to get him.    If it's 3 #1s plus more, than no.   The team has too many holes.

12 minutes ago, Shockwave said:

Great read. Better than most articles out there. 

I am assuming this would be the Panthers in a trade down. What do you do if you trade down with the Panthers and Trey Lance falls to you? Im guessing he would be on the second list with Wilson?

I really like Lance, and I actually like the idea of drafting a QB and having them compete. But I don't think it's realistic. I think they're approaching this year as if Darnold is an old rookie. They'll press the reset and pick up from where Jeremy Bates left off, focusing on his mechanics/fundamentals and utilizing him as an upside game manager and utilize Darnold's mobility a lot more... pretty crazy to think of all the Shanahan QBs, he's the most mobile since RGIII. If it doesn't go well, then they'll attack QB next year. If it does go well, they'll have +3 1st round picks to address other positions on the roster. 

At the end of the day I think fans really need to dig into the Shanahan offense. If fans really take the time to watch how the offense works, then watch every Darnold snap and chart what he does well, it should be clear how it will benefit Sam. Less pressure, more time to throw, more throws on the move, more play-action/motion, more easy reads, more wide open throwing lanes... I'd put money on Darnold being a 25 TD / 10 INT player in the scheme this year.

Ultimately: if I were running the team in Madden and had everything to gain/nothing to lose, I'm taking Wilson. Second option would be to build around Sam. Third option would be to take Lance at 8. Based on all the info I think the Jets will opt to build around Sam. Trading down from #2 gives them more long-term assets to build the roster and more flexibility going forward. If they draft a QB this year, Douglas and Saleh are tied to him. If they wait, Sam could either prove them right and everyone's happy, or Sam under-performs and they get to find one next year. 

16 minutes ago, SAR I said:

I think there is also a scenario where we keep Sam and draft a QB at #2.

Sam may be worth more next season with fewer QB's moving around, and it gives us the chance to prove/disprove that Gase was the problem and a proper HC/OC can resurrect him.  I'd love to have Darnold as a backup to Wilson.  QB's behind a rebuilding OL are always getting hurt anyway.

SAR I

I can assure you this is not on the table

17 minutes ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

Schematically speaking, which of Chase, Smith and Waddle fits the Shanahan offense best? 

Do you think we even take a receiver with the first pick on a trade down?

I think it will be close between Chase, Waddle, and Toney. They want YAC playmakers and all of them have it. I think Chase is the most complete receiver of the bunch and Douglas will be attracted to the old-school scout things: size, length, versatility, etc. Being said, I could easily see some of the Shanahan guys wanting Waddle. He's a smaller-but-faster version of Deebo Samuel. 

As for Smith, I don't think would be as high up despite how good he played this year. 

The one player you didn't mention is Kyle Pitts. If he's available and the Jets move down to 8, I have a hard time seeing them passing him up. 

Ultimately, this offseason will be all about DE and WR. They'll beef up the line a little bit too but I don't expect them to totally redo it like they did last year. More like add 1-2 guys and only draft a guy high if he's the BPA. 

• Upvote 3

15 minutes ago, football guy said:

Ultimately: if I were running the team in Madden and had everything to gain/nothing to lose, I'm taking Wilson. Second option would be to build around Sam. Third option would be to take Lance at 8. Based on all the info I think the Jets will opt to build around Sam. Trading down from #2 gives them more long-term assets to build the roster and more flexibility going forward. If they draft a QB this year, Douglas and Saleh are tied to him. If they wait, Sam could either prove them right and everyone's happy, or Sam under-performs and they get to find one next year. 

I agree if Sam plays well or not the team will be built better for whoever becomes the QB..

24 minutes ago, football guy said:

I think it will be close between Chase, Waddle, and Toney. They want YAC playmakers and all of them have it. I think Chase is the most complete receiver of the bunch and Douglas will be attracted to the old-school scout things: size, length, versatility, etc. Being said, I could easily see some of the Shanahan guys wanting Waddle. He's a smaller-but-faster version of Deebo Samuel. 

As for Smith, I don't think would be as high up despite how good he played this year. 

The one player you didn't mention is Kyle Pitts. If he's available and the Jets move down to 8, I have a hard time seeing them passing him up. 

Ultimately, this offseason will be all about DE and WR. They'll beef up the line a little bit too but I don't expect them to totally redo it like they did last year. More like add 1-2 guys and only draft a guy high if he's the BPA. 

Thanks for the insight, always appreciated.

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, football guy said:

I really like Lance, and I actually like the idea of drafting a QB and having them compete. But I don't think it's realistic. I think they're approaching this year as if Darnold is an old rookie. They'll press the reset and pick up from where Jeremy Bates left off, focusing on his mechanics/fundamentals and utilizing him as an upside game manager and utilize Darnold's mobility a lot more... pretty crazy to think of all the Shanahan QBs, he's the most mobile since RGIII. If it doesn't go well, then they'll attack QB next year. If it does go well, they'll have +3 1st round picks to address other positions on the roster. 

At the end of the day I think fans really need to dig into the Shanahan offense. If fans really take the time to watch how the offense works, then watch every Darnold snap and chart what he does well, it should be clear how it will benefit Sam. Less pressure, more time to throw, more throws on the move, more play-action/motion, more easy reads, more wide open throwing lanes... I'd put money on Darnold being a 25 TD / 10 INT player in the scheme this year.

Still early in the game but I love the idea of Darnold playing this year while Lance is on the bench for a year. Then decide next year and trade the other guy? Like you said though it might be unrealistic as its a-lot of resources. 

Im big time into stats. Maybe its not perfect but I think I finally found the comparable for Sam that turned it around. While it's not exactly perfect I think the comparable is Josh Allen. 

Ill prob have a post about it which is essentially me just thinking out loud. Sure they are not the same player but in year 2 Sam did actually improve from his first year and both Allen and Sam's stats we're not all that different last year. Last year both had similar yards passing, TD, YPA and QB rating. 

In year 3 though we clearly ripped off the bandaid in terms of roster rebuilding and we traded/cut everyone. Same as the Jags. Shoulder injury. Terrible scheme. Injuries everywhere. Tough Schedule. 

In year 3 Buffalo went the opposite direction and invested everything in Josh Allen. Diggs, Brown and Cole and a scheme built for him. 

Obviously the rest is history. Josh was able to make more big plays and have less turnovers. This is the case to invest in Darnold. 

If they go this route and keep Sam I do hope they go and invest in a Thuney and a Allen Robinson as well as draft some help. Sign Sam to the Teddy B deal and support him like the Bills have done with Allen or whats the point of moving forward with him?  Im not really big into big FA signings but how much could Sam improve in one year if we don't land him some reinforcements? Give him Arob like the Bills gave Josh Diggs. First round WR's bust pretty often and seem to take long to develop. We need help now while Mims develops. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Savage69 said:

I agree if Sam plays well or not the team will be built better for whoever becomes the QB..

And I think that will be the major decision-tipper. 

They may really like Wilson, but they'll have less access to him than any team making a major decision has ever had. He wasn't like Lawrence where he went to a big program and was hyped since HS. He hasn't been on the national radar for long. Team's didn't have their best scouts out in Utah scouting him for the past 3 years. There aren't as many connections at BYU as there are at Clemson or any other major program for that matter. In years where there is a guy like him (think Wentz), the QB got on their radar and the team would have all their best talent evaluators hop on a plane every week to attend practices and attend every game. They could do a lot more investigative work that team's can't do behind zoom meetings. This year all that got thrown out the window. You're making the decision with much less data than teams are used to (which may mean teams place a higher emphasis on analytics to close the gap... should be interesting to monitor). When you factor all these things into the equation, plus a new coaching staff trying to establish their program, I understand why the Jets lean Darnold. He's a 23-year-old QB with a lot of untapped potential who fits perfectly into the new scheme and heaven forbid he doesn't fulfill his potential, the Jets live to fight another down stocked with tons of draft picks next year. If they move on and Wilson ends up like RGIII, everyone's getting fired in 2 years. 

(and no, if Wilson ends up being great and the Jets pass, the staff won't get fired... the Buffalo Bills passed on Mahomes and Watson, instead trading down for a CB. Seems to have worked out for them). 

35 minutes ago, football guy said:

As far as DE targets, do you know if they’re targeting guys like Okwara/Lawson?