Texans’ Demands For Deshaun Watson Trade Revealed

Bronx

Quinnen Williams should have made the pro bowl this season and was totally screwed.  He is a future all pro and under control on a cheap rookie deal the next 3 years at least 

And the Texans want him and 4 high draft picks including the 2nd overall?

9F3F2333-34B1-4A4B-BF36-E9478326C0E9.jpeg.9fa617fbc745f5026959ce01808a4b48.jpeg

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

In any type of package that includes more than one 1st round pick I'm really not interested in including either Quinnen or Becton.

We've talked here for years that the foundation of the team is the OLine and DLine.  It's where you start building from and those two guys are the keys on each side of the ball.

Both are early in their rookie contracts given the 5th year options.  Unless the Jets are keeping most of their 1sts then those guys are off the table. Want to talk about a Foley, and JFM.... okay.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

The Texans have no leverage over the Jets as we don't need Watson.  Darnold vs. Wilson would be one fine training camp battle.

They have to work on our terms, not the other way around.  It's Deshaun Watson for Zach Wilson straight up, we'll throw in a 2022 first rounder and second rounder to be cordial, nothing more.

SAR I

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

This is so stupid! 
JD would laugh at that proposal! 
QW is turning into a beast & he’s really young, the Raiders got 2 firsts from Chicago! 
QW will be the best Dlineman after Donald next year! 
Love Greenbeans video where he says our options actually will limit a STUPID trade demand from the Texans for Watson, we have the 2nd overall pick in the draft. 
Don’t insult us, we have a sh*tload of options! 
No team has the Jets assets of both picks & money, except the Jags & they are drafting Trevor Lawrence.

So, if Watson stays in Houston without picks or money & after they cut JJ Watt & Mercilus is another year older, their defense will be even worse, the next year will be a living hell for Watson & everyone on the planet will know that he does not want to be there starting management (Caserio), the new Head Coach & worst of all the players. 

Going forward, it will be far worse for all involved in Houston if he stays but for the Jets, we’ll be building a better team either way. Cutting bait & moving into their rebuild is the best thing for Houston. Instead this losing & his unhappiness will hang over the entire franchise for at least 2 full season! It will constantly be in the news after every loss, which in that division they won’t be getting 2 easy wins vs the Jaguars either! 

Honestly the odds of this trade happening were probably the same odds to finding Jimmy Hoffa ?.  But putting aside the picks when he mentions two defensive starters obviously he is talking about Quinnen Williams so no thanks.  Anyway like I said Douglas wants to build through the draft anyway so I saw it as an impossibility anyway knowing how bare this roster is 

• Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, SAR I said:

The Texans have no leverage over the Jets as we don't need Watson.  Darnold vs. Wilson would be one fine training camp battle.

They have to work on our terms, not the other way around.  It's Deshaun Watson for Zach Wilson straight up, we'll throw in a 2022 first rounder and second rounder to be cordial, nothing more.

SAR I

We are overreacting for Wilson!! We need to trade down and having more premium picks. The important thing here, is having good coaching! I am 100% sure that Darnold will have a huge boost with good coaching

• Sympathy 2
  • Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, Rhg1084 said:

This reeks of desperation on Houston’s part floating this out there through the media. Douglas is sitting back and laughing at this. Remember, we hold all the cards and draft capital in this trade. We’re not the ones who have their star QB demanding a trade 

I think the Texans are relying on know nothing clowns like Stephen A Smith and Max Kellerman to go on their dopey talk show tomorrow and scream about what a great trade this for the Jets and how stupid they are for not doing it

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 2
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

2OA is worth multiple 1sts.  QW is worth a 1 & then some.  Then, in this hypothetical, you need to throw in another 1st, two 2nd rounders, & another young defensive starter?  Nah.  You don’t cripple your entire franchise’s future for one player.

Gotta agree with that assessment.  We get it folks: It would be cool to have Watson.  But it's hard to get value for top players.  I know Wayne Gretzky got traded for a bag of pucks, but if we are truly talking 2 firsts, 2 2nd's and two defensive starters (and presumably one of those starters would be Q), that price will have to come down. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

10 minutes ago, Jetster said:

This is so stupid! 
JD would laugh at that proposal! 
QW is turning into a beast & he’s really young, the Raiders got 2 firsts from Chicago! 
QW will be the best Dlineman after Donald next year! 
Love Greenbeans video where he says our options actually will limit a STUPID trade demand from the Texans for Watson, we have the 2nd overall pick in the draft. 
Don’t insult us, we have a sh*tload of options! 
No team has the Jets assets of both picks & money, except the Jags & they are drafting Trevor Lawrence.

So, if Watson stays in Houston without picks or money & after they cut JJ Watt & Mercilus is another year older, their defense will be even worse, the next year will be a living hell for Watson & everyone on the planet will know that he does not want to be there starting management (Caserio), the new Head Coach & worst of all the players. 

Going forward, it will be far worse for all involved in Houston if he stays but for the Jets, we’ll be building a better team either way. Cutting bait & moving into their rebuild is the best thing for Houston. Instead this losing & his unhappiness will hang over the entire franchise for at least 2 full season! It will constantly be in the news after every loss, which in that division they won’t be getting 2 easy wins vs the Jaguars either! 

Watch him torching us with the Dolphins!

13 minutes ago, undertow said:

We should just trade the #2 pick for a bunch of low round 1's so all the smooth brains are happy they get multiple 1s......yippee we got 3 first rounders and a few 2s.

Well considering our roster is pretty bare of talent that’s actually a pretty smart idea no?

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, Bronx said:

After the Los Angeles Rams gave up two first-round picks and QB Jared Goff to land Detroit Lions QB Matthew Stafford, attention is once again on the Houston Texans and what they’ll want in a Deshaun Watson trade.

But Texans insider John McClain seems to know what the Texans want for the three-time Pro Bowler. Taking to Twitter this morning, McClain declared that the Rams-Lions trade will have no impact on a Deshaun Watson trade.

McClain revealed that Houston will want two first-round picks, two second-round picks and two “young defensive starters, at the least” for Watson. He pointed out all of the qualities that Deshaun Watson has which make him unique as a trade prospect.

Naturally, one particular team came to mind. “Start with the Jets,” McClain concluded.

The Rams-Lions trade will have nothing to do with a Watson trade if the Texans do it. They'll want 2 ones, 2 twos and 2 young defensive starters, at the least. Watson, 25, under contract, great QB, team leader, beloved by fans, pillar of the community. Start with the Jets.

Share this Tweet

McClain isn’t too far off. If there’s one team in the NFL that can afford a Deshaun Watson trade right now and meet all of those “requirements,” it’s the Jets.

The Jets have four first-round picks over the next two seasons.

As for “young defensive starters,” the Jets don’t have too many. But Quinnen Williams, Folorunso “Foley” Fatukasi, Ashtyn Davis and Bryce Hall are some potential bargaining chips.

Combine all of that with the belief that Watson likes newly-hired Jets head coach Robert Saleh, and you have a recipe for a no-brainer trade.

Which team will pull off a Deshaun Watson trade?

Well you can wish in one hand and crap in the other and ...

Houston you get crap, as for wishes here is more crap:

New Wonder Woman 1984 Gold Eagle Armor Posters Released

• Sympathy 1

4 minutes ago, prime21 said:

F That. Make them a decent offer but no Q. Deplete our draft capital and give up our best player on defense? I rather I’ll with a rookie.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Another great example as to WHY the NFL needs to move toward the idea of paying one player off the cap.  It won't be long until every starting QB not on their rookie deal will be making $35-40 million minimum.

• Sympathy 1

19 minutes ago, jetsQuebec said:

No way I am trading key players in our roster for Watson!!! Draft picks only and special team players/ 2nd team.

Agreed.  Honestly I was never a big supporter of the trade to begin with but I’m not giving up young bigtime players like QW who is on his rookie deal.  JD wouldnt either 

• Sympathy 2

McClain is just Houston’s version of Cimini.

He knows dick about what the front office would be seeking in a Watson trade.

With that said, I don’t know why we’re all wasting so much time on this.

Watson will remain a Texan and we’ll either be sticking with Darnold and trading down or we’ll draft Wilson and move Darnold to some team like Indy or New Orleans.

Those are by far the most likely options.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

Well considering our roster is pretty bare of talent that’s actually a pretty smart idea no?

Yeah but that's not the point I was trying to make....my point is people are having a impossible time understanding the value of these picks and are obsessed with numbers of them.

3 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

Agreed.  Honestly I was never a big supporter of the trade to begin with but I’m not giving up young bigtime players like QW who is on his rookie deal.  JD wouldnt either 

For me it’s Watson or Darnold!!! I don’t like the overreaction for Wilson or Fields. People is really forgetting about how great coaching is important 

• Sympathy 2

3 minutes ago, undertow said:

Yeah but that's not the point I was trying to make....my point is people are having a impossible time understanding the value of these picks and are obsessed with numbers of them.

Forget the the picks.  They also want roster players.  He was clearly talking about QW.  It ain’t happening.  So we might as well  focus on building through the draft because that’s the the likely course.  JD isn’t giving up that much draft capital AND his few good roster players 

• Sympathy 1