Texans’ Demands For Deshaun Watson Trade Revealed

Bronx

1 hour ago, Mogglez said:

Yeah I get that.  How much they’re willing to wiggle is the big question, and with Houston being so willing to potentially play hardball, I don’t know if there is that much wiggle room.  I don’t know how you feel about the value of the 2nd overall pick, but there is the potential for a MASSIVE haul if they trade down.  That certainly has to be weighed.

I think that's something to consider. If the Texans have really keyed in on our selection or assets in general we should say

"Yea we are willing to give #2 overall but if you are so desperate for multiple firsts we'd be happy to trade down and give you the additional assets....or you can have the shiny #2 pick"

I'm down for 3 firsts with nothing else added.

• Upvote 2

48 minutes ago, Lith said:

But the 2 is what gives us the potential edge over other teams.  Carolina, Miami, or Atlanta could all outbid us with top 10 picks this year.  I can't see any way of making the deal without including the 2.

I get that, but that’s why I included a back-up scenario where if they demand 2OA, you tell them to take 2OA, 23OA, and someone like Foley Fatukasi, take a lesser offer from another team he may veto a trade to, or enjoy watching Watson’s value rot when he refuses to play for them.

I’m not for giving them 2OA, 23OA, a first next year, two second round picks, one of which is 34th overall, Quinnen Williams and another defensive starter.  That’s ridiculous.

• Upvote 3

59 minutes ago, Jethead said:

Until I hear from the Texans I make no offer. It's just media chatter.

If they do signal directly that they are interested, I would want them to name their price. Then we could see if there is a deal to be done.

(And I might get excited!)

So funny! Last I heard just the other day was Texans have ZERO interest in trading Watson. ? LOL ? Watson must have contacted Tex GM and let him know what he thought about that. All of a freaking sudden, they list their demands like they think they can bully any team around. Give them a fair offer - #2, a #1 NEXT year, and a #3 and a player not named QW. If they refuse EFF em. I’ll stay with our picks, draft a QB @ 2, get a edge @ 23, a CB at 34 and a few Free agents. We are REBUILDING. We are not a playoff caliber team right now. Getting Watson is not making that happen overnight.  Id love to get him but not at the expense of getting ripped off.  

• Upvote 1

Enough of this BS.  JD needs to get off his fat ass and call Joe Namath.  He needs to tell Namath to call Watson and tell him how many endorsements, free swag, handjobs, blowjobs, rimjobs, etc. he got for winning a Super Bowl for the NY Jets.  We need this done!

14 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

I get that, but that’s why I included a back-up scenario where if they demand 2OA, you tell them to take 2OA, 23OA, and someone like Foley Fatukasi, take a lesser offer from another team he may veto a trade to, or enjoy watching Watson’s value rot when he refuses to play for them.

I’m not for giving them 2OA, 23OA, a first next year, two second round picks, one of which is 34th overall, Quinnen Williams and another defensive starter.  That’s ridiculous.

I agree with you.  Some of the packages being proposed are ridiculous if they include the 2,  I am just resigned to the fact that if we are going to get him, which I still think is a huge longshot, we are going to have to include the 2 in the package. 

Even though a lot of writers seem to throw out these generic offers with 3 1s and two 2s or whatever.  I would expect NFL GMs to realize that not all 1s are created equal.  The 2 by itself is more valuable than a one in the teens this year with two future 1s. If they want the two, they don't get the 4+ pick package plus players.

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, Jets723 said:

Honestly the odds of this trade happening were probably the same odds to finding Jimmy Hoffa ?.  But putting aside the picks when he mentions two defensive starters obviously he is talking about Quinnen Williams so no thanks.  Anyway like I said Douglas wants to build through the draft anyway so I saw it as an impossibility anyway knowing how bare this roster is 

They know where Hoffa is now...buried in a metal barrel, with 10 others piled up on the edge of a landfill in NJ...just waiting on approval to dig him up... so ha!

6 hours ago, Bronx said:

After the Los Angeles Rams gave up two first-round picks and QB Jared Goff to land Detroit Lions QB Matthew Stafford, attention is once again on the Houston Texans and what they’ll want in a Deshaun Watson trade.

But Texans insider John McClain seems to know what the Texans want for the three-time Pro Bowler. Taking to Twitter this morning, McClain declared that the Rams-Lions trade will have no impact on a Deshaun Watson trade.

McClain revealed that Houston will want two first-round picks, two second-round picks and two “young defensive starters, at the least” for Watson. He pointed out all of the qualities that Deshaun Watson has which make him unique as a trade prospect.

Naturally, one particular team came to mind. “Start with the Jets,” McClain concluded.

The Rams-Lions trade will have nothing to do with a Watson trade if the Texans do it. They'll want 2 ones, 2 twos and 2 young defensive starters, at the least. Watson, 25, under contract, great QB, team leader, beloved by fans, pillar of the community. Start with the Jets.

Share this Tweet

McClain isn’t too far off. If there’s one team in the NFL that can afford a Deshaun Watson trade right now and meet all of those “requirements,” it’s the Jets.

The Jets have four first-round picks over the next two seasons.

As for “young defensive starters,” the Jets don’t have too many. But Quinnen Williams, Folorunso “Foley” Fatukasi, Ashtyn Davis and Bryce Hall are some potential bargaining chips.

Combine all of that with the belief that Watson likes newly-hired Jets head coach Robert Saleh, and you have a recipe for a no-brainer trade.

Which team will pull off a Deshaun Watson trade?

I'm glad that didn't take all that long to read... Done, over, never getting that from JD so move on... Good night lol...

Knock Knock:

JD: Hey Robert you got a minute...

Saleh: Sure come on in....

JD: Just thought I'd run this by you before I pull the trigger... I'm going to trade Houston our 2 1st's, our 2nd this and next year, our 3rd this year, QW and somebody else they want on defense, for D. Watson. We'll have the 5th best QB in the NFL...

Saleh: JD thanks for the job, but I quit... 

• Post of the Week 1

Here’s my problem on that, and why I’m so gung-ho to go scorched earth on this deal: even if the Jets get six first rounders over the next three years, the chances of any of those six being as good as Watson are negligible, and I don’t think you can expect Saleh to compete without a plus quarterback, but you can realistically expect playoff runs with Watson. I am of the belief that the talent level isn’t *that far away* and what we witnessed this year was a Gase/Darnold-induced malaise that made everyone look like sh*t. Additionally, given McClain’s tone shifts, I don’t think the Texans have the will or desire to drag this out, so juicing the offer a bit to lock this up quickly would be ok. 

GFYC

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

3 minutes ago, 68JET11 said:

Knock Knock:

JD: Hey Robert you got a minute...

Saleh: Sure come on in....

JD: Just thought I'd run this by you before I pull the trigger... I'm going to trade Houston our 2 1st's, our 2nd this and next year, our 3rd this year, QW and somebody else they want on defense, for D. Watson. We'll have the 5th best QB in the NFL...

Saleh: JD thanks for the job, but I quit... 

JD: Hey, would you like to have Desha...

Literally any coach: Jesus Christ yes

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Rhg1084 said:

I’d have a hard time parting with Q, but if that’s what it takes might have to do it. Tough call

I love how you got downvoted so much.  How many Super Bowls do the Rams have with Aaron Donald the best defensive player in the league?  I'll wait for everyone who gave you a downvote to respond.....

33 minutes ago, Savage69 said:

Just don't ask the 2015 Bronco's..

Yep, the defensive line of Derek Wolfe, Sylvester Williams and Malik Jacksons combined 13.5 sacks that year really led them to the SB.  You could ask Von Miller, DeMarcus Ware, Brandon Marshall, Danny Trevathan, Aquib Talib, Chris Harris Jr, and TJ Ward though.  Try again

2 minutes ago, JetsRevival said:

Yep, the defensive line of Derek Wolfe, Sylvester Williams and Malik Jacksons combined 13.5 sacks that year really led them to the SB.  You could ask Von Miller, DeMarcus Ware, Brandon Marshall, Danny Trevathan, Aquib Talib, Chris Harris Jr, and TJ Ward though.  Try again

I was thinking Defense not just linemen..

My thinking...Throwing this out there is to tamper their fan base expectations.

I suspect we might already be in negotiations.

Their fans and media are talking about six players, minimum of 4 ones..

They had to get it front of it and let people know what should really expect.

This is the first time I actually think there's a chance we get him.