Texans’ Demands For Deshaun Watson Trade Revealed

Bronx

7 hours ago, Bronx said:

After the Los Angeles Rams gave up two first-round picks and QB Jared Goff to land Detroit Lions QB Matthew Stafford, attention is once again on the Houston Texans and what they’ll want in a Deshaun Watson trade.

But Texans insider John McClain seems to know what the Texans want for the three-time Pro Bowler. Taking to Twitter this morning, McClain declared that the Rams-Lions trade will have no impact on a Deshaun Watson trade.

McClain revealed that Houston will want two first-round picks, two second-round picks and two “young defensive starters, at the least” for Watson. He pointed out all of the qualities that Deshaun Watson has which make him unique as a trade prospect.

Naturally, one particular team came to mind. “Start with the Jets,” McClain concluded.

The Rams-Lions trade will have nothing to do with a Watson trade if the Texans do it. They'll want 2 ones, 2 twos and 2 young defensive starters, at the least. Watson, 25, under contract, great QB, team leader, beloved by fans, pillar of the community. Start with the Jets.

Share this Tweet

McClain isn’t too far off. If there’s one team in the NFL that can afford a Deshaun Watson trade right now and meet all of those “requirements,” it’s the Jets.

The Jets have four first-round picks over the next two seasons.

As for “young defensive starters,” the Jets don’t have too many. But Quinnen Williams, Folorunso “Foley” Fatukasi, Ashtyn Davis and Bryce Hall are some potential bargaining chips.

Combine all of that with the belief that Watson likes newly-hired Jets head coach Robert Saleh, and you have a recipe for a no-brainer trade.

Which team will pull off a Deshaun Watson trade?

OK ... now that we know the ludicrous demands .. can we move on from this stupid notion ??

Edited by Dunnie
  • Upvote 1

Think about it. The Texans don't want to trade DW.  So, what they do is make the asking price so high nobody will meet it. They' re going to play hardball. With teams trying to make the trade, and hardball with DW. They can tell DW, that they tried in good faith to get it done, but couldn't get what they felt was a fair offer. What precedent can DW''s people point to , proving that the Texans aren't acting in good faith.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, genot said:

Think about it. The Texans don't want to trade DW.  So, what they do is make the asking price so high nobody will meet it. They' re going to play hardball. With teams trying to make the trade, and hardball with DW. They can tell DW, that they tried in good faith to get it done, but couldn't get what they felt was a fair offer. What precedent can DW''s people point to , proving that the Texans aren't acting in good faith.

Yeah, but I’ll tell you what. It will be a disaster if Watson pulls a Bell and sits out.

Then they don’t have Watson for 2021 and without any compensation in players or picks.

Tough situation, especially for a new GM and HC.

6 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

2021 1st and 2nd (We maintain 23rd)

2022 1st (we still have a first due seattle)

2023 2nd

Fatuski and Hall

We get Watson.

Take this in a heartbeat 

You're delusional,,, and I for one am glad you're not our GM.

• Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

Xavien Howard>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Quinnen Williams 

Did you miss the part where I said they mean "first contract player"?  Howard is on his second contract, which makes him a lot more expensive and older than QW, and he's currently letting it be known that he wants to restructure his current contract for more money given the season he just had.  

So I'm fully aware that X Howard is a better player than QW, but you're missing the point that teams are focused on contracts and age as well as a players' talent.  Given QW's upside and significantly lower cost for the next THREE years, it is actually very conceivable that a team like the Dolphins would view QW as more valuable than Howard right now.  

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

The Texans are losing leverage by the day.  Less suitors, less bidding.

Flip this around.  They want to keep Watson.  The more teams that drop out, the less leverage he has.  To the extreme case, if NYJ and MIA both publicly dropped out, he'd be toast.  Having said that, do you believe for a moment that SF wouldn't flip to Watson if they thought they had a chance?

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

Yeah, but I’ll tell you what. It will be a disaster if Watson pulls a Bell and sits out.

Then they don’t have Watson for 2021 and without any compensation in players or picks.

Tough situation, especially for a new GM and HC.

Neither side wins here. I think the Texans are in a better position. It's difficult for all teams who might want DW's services. They must feel uncomfortable setting a precedent that an NFL player can request a trade when their unhappy with a front office hire or coaching hire

you guys are crying and bitching about this deal like you just became Jets fans yesterday. how hard has it been for us to draft a QB? 

this offer actually makes sense. instead of the 4 #1s they want 2 of them in very good players. its not because of cheap cap hits. if that was the case they would just ask for picks and have those guys on the cheap for 5 years. QW will be entering year 3. your gonna have to pay him in 2 years. no, its because most draft picks are busts.

can anyone here say Blair Thomas? 

if we dont get Watson we could be looking back in 10 years with regret. the QB thing with Sam, or finding one in the  draft didnt work out. those picks you guys dont want to give up, some were ok, maybe even another QW. and yes there will be a bust in there too. while Watson maybe has some ring, but definitely will have them as one of the best teams in there conference. 

and we still get to keep 2 of our 1st rd picks. no we have to give up 2OA.

Luke Joeckel, Marcus Mariota,Ryan Leaf, Darrell Russell, Rick Mirer, Blair Thomas, Tony Mandarich....

we can mess up 2OA. no sure thing. but Watson is. and we can draft another QW. seams like we have no problem finding D-Lineman in the draft.

JD makes this trade in a heartbeat. he knows how hard it is to find QBs like Watson. if they were so easy we would have found at least ONE in the past 50years.

8 minutes ago, nycdan said:

Flip this around.  They want to keep Watson.  The more teams that drop out, the less leverage he has.  To the extreme case, if NYJ and MIA both publicly dropped out, he'd be toast.  Having said that, do you believe for a moment that SF wouldn't flip to Watson if they thought they had a chance?

Fair points all around.  The logical side of me thinks this results in Watson being kept.  The ridiculous fan in me wants this to be a sign that we get him for the smallest possible offer.

2 hours ago, Mike135 said:

I don't think he cares if you have sympathy for him or not.

He's doing everything he's allowed to do.

If ownership wanted to avoid this, they shouldn't have lied.

Now they face the consequences. 

When does his cares enter into a discussion on a fan board. 

He knew everything before he took the money. 

He can do whatever he wants, doesn’t mean he gets away with it or that fans have to like it. 

He’s trying to weasel his way out of his contract. 

17 minutes ago, nycdan said:

Or, flip this around again, Watson has the no-trade clause and only Miami and the Jets can slide big-boy chips to the middle of the table. San Fran just folded. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

Or, flip this around again, Watson has the no-trade clause and only Miami and the Jets can slide big-boy chips to the middle of the table. San Fran just folded. 

Could be this as well.  It's like the Sicilian in Princess Bride.  "I know that you know that I know..."

• Upvote 1

Draft Zack Wilson, trade Sam and build the team with all the picks and cap room...How is James Morgan developing as a back up...Saleh said there is no quick fix....I wanted D Watson, but I’m starting to get sticker shock… I actually trust JD in these cases, I mean we got two first round picks with Jamal

• Upvote 2

Draft Pick wise no one can touch the Jets. 

But Lets say Mcclain is leaking what he's been told by Easterby. It would be tough to beat a deal of Chase Young, Montez Sweat,Two First and Two seconds by Washington. 

If Caserio truly wants young defenders anyone could land Deshaun. Who knows which defenders he loves wether its Burns or Young etc. 

I still think this is going to boil down to who they want at QB next year. Lets see how much time they spend with the prospects. That will give us our next hint. 

2 hours ago, Mogglez said:

Fair points all around.  The logical side of me thinks this results in Watson being kept.  The ridiculous fan in me wants this to be a sign that we get him for the smallest possible offer.

If he’s kept, he’ll be watching the Texans from his house until week 6 where he’ll be traded for far less than what the Texans could have gotten now.

2 hours ago, doitny said:

you guys are crying and bitching about this deal like you just became Jets fans yesterday. how hard has it been for us to draft a QB? 

this offer actually makes sense. instead of the 4 #1s they want 2 of them in very good players. its not because of cheap cap hits. if that was the case they would just ask for picks and have those guys on the cheap for 5 years. QW will be entering year 3. your gonna have to pay him in 2 years. no, its because most draft picks are busts.

can anyone here say Blair Thomas? 

if we dont get Watson we could be looking back in 10 years with regret. the QB thing with Sam, or finding one in the  draft didnt work out. those picks you guys dont want to give up, some were ok, maybe even another QW. and yes there will be a bust in there too. while Watson maybe has some ring, but definitely will have them as one of the best teams in there conference. 

and we still get to keep 2 of our 1st rd picks. no we have to give up 2OA.

Luke Joeckel, Marcus Mariota,Ryan Leaf, Darrell Russell, Rick Mirer, Blair Thomas, Tony Mandarich....

we can mess up 2OA. no sure thing. but Watson is. and we can draft another QW. seams like we have no problem finding D-Lineman in the draft.

JD makes this trade in a heartbeat. he knows how hard it is to find QBs like Watson. if they were so easy we would have found at least ONE in the past 50years.

Wonderful points... We have the second worst team in the league in 2020, and this trade makes perfect sense to you lmao... So along with now trading picks you want to give them 2 of our best defense players along with it... I got a good idea... I think you should call JD and ask him for a job interview and have this written down and hand it too him as your resume....

• Haha 1

That 2nd overall pick is GOLDEN. Beat writers and mouthpieces can write whatever drivel they want regarding the Texans demands, but the bottom line is Joe Douglas is in the driver's seat. The 2021 draft starts with the New York Jets 2nd overall pick because everyone knows the Jags already have Trevor Lawrence written on their card. If the Texans want to move forward with a new franchise quarterback without off-season drama and humiliation there is only 1 team to deal with, and that is the Jets. The Texans are not trading with the Dolphins and essentially trading their franchise quarterback, Deshaun Watson, for Laremy Tunsil, then watch the Jets select the quarterback they want, or worse watch a team leap frog them in the scenario some team blows JD's hair back with a mammoth package of draft capital for the 2nd overall pick. Just sit back and wait for Jack Easterby to cave for his choirboy, Zach Wilson. The Jets win no matter if they get Watson, draft the quarterback they want, or trade back. Win win win situation.

• Upvote 3

5 hours ago, JetsRevival said:

GFYD

Hey @choon328 we don't normally look when someone signs up under a new account. If they follow the rules under the new account we leave well enough alone.  But in this case, this post:

Apparently you're in love with me so let me save you some time and let you down nicely.  I'm not into boring, dumb, annoying, childish imbeciles who have a small dick complex. I'm sorry to tell you this but I'm not the 10 year old boy with low self esteem that normally turns you on. So now go crawl back into your rented disgusting sh*t smelling basement and sit on your cum covered futon with your little flaccid tool in 1 hand and Disney magazine in the other and **** off. And I mean that with all of the respect you deserve. 

Joking about stuff like this is so far over the line. The guy asked moderators to merge a thread you started with another one on the same topic and this is how you responded. You have been here a very long time and it has been a tough year, so I was trying to be nice when I gave you a one month ban. A post like this would normally be a lifetime ban. 

Anyhow, since you decided to just sign up under another account I added a month to the ban on your Choon account, and I am banning this new one.

image.png

If you sign up again we can just ban your IP and block you completely. Again, you have been here a long time, so I am seriously trying to be nice. Leaving it the way we have it now means you can still read the site if you want. That is my suggestion, just read for awhile and if you want to come back in 2 months feel free to do so.  But the post you made isn't anything we can just ignore.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, 68JET11 said:

Wonderful points... We have the second worst team in the league in 2020, and this trade makes perfect sense to you lmao... So along with now trading picks you want to give them 2 of our best defense players along with it... I got a good idea... I think you should call JD and ask him for a job interview and have this written down and hand it too him as your resume....

were going to keep having one of the worst teams in the league if we dont get a QB.

your going to pass up on a future HOF QB whos only 25 for 2 1st and 2 2nds, which 3 out of 4 are usually bust as per league avg. even if he hits on half. still. 

and QW is our best player but hes not Aaron Donald. and who else?? Bryce Hall???? you can find a replacement for QW who will be decent enough.

i cant believe you would walk away from a trade of Watson because you dont want to give up QW, Hall, and 4 draft picks.

JD is not Jesus Christ. he cant walk on water, he cant part the red sea, and hes not going to hit on all 4 of those picks if we keep them. 

but maybe JD should listen to you. maybe we keep Sam another year. hey maybe he will improve to be the 6th worst QB in the league. maybe we draft one and it doesnt work out like the dozens before we drafted. then 3 years from now we are drafting another QB. by then QW will be a FA unless we pay him big money. but were not cause were doing another rebuild.

but hey we will still have those picks. the ones who made the team. i wonder how many will still be playing. Watson will. 

cant give up QW. where else will we find someone to get us 7 sacks a year. actually he was tied for 33rd in sacks so seams like finding a 7 sack a year guy isnt that hard.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Mogglez said:

The Texans hold the cards until they don't. If they force Watson to stay it will be just an unhappy union. Not sure when he can become a FA but if they refuse to trade him his trade value diminishes.  Ultimately, he will get traded.  They are not just going to let him walk off and get a comp pick.  Its in their best interest to trade him now for several reasons.  They'll obviously take the best offer they can muster. Problem is, will they recognize it. 

7 hours ago, LSJF said:

Draft Zack Wilson, trade Sam and build the team with all the picks and cap room...How is James Morgan developing as a back up...Saleh said there is no quick fix....I wanted D Watson, but I’m starting to get sticker shock… I actually trust JD in these cases, I mean we got two first round picks with Jamal

Offer the Texans a FAIR offer.  Not one where they try and bully us forking over 3 #1's Eff that.  No effin way. We already have wasted valuable draft picks in Darnold - a #1 and 3 #2's.  Yea yea the argument is  'SEE we can just give up what they want and we finally get a FQB, look what we lost with Darnold and Hack'.  No way I compromise.  Nor do I see JD letting Texans try and grift the Jets.  I trust JD will either get Watson on his terms or find a QB this year or next.  JD is NOT Idzik (Geno) or Macc (Darnold).  

12 hours ago, southparkcpa said:

crazy right.....  we could have and should have had him 4 years ago but NO.... MAC wanted a safety for a team with a journeyman QB.   THEN he trades 3 seconds to draft Darnold.   

I remember catching hell for criticizing the two safety draft when i wanted Watson after that great game against Bama.  Still maintain most of Jetnation can draft better than any GM we have ever had.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Fantasy Island said:

I remember catching hell for criticizing the two safety draft when i wanted Watson after that great game against Bama.  Still maintain most of Jetnation can draft better than any GM we have ever had.

I hate to agree with you... but I do in part.  I know a Jets fan here in Charlotte, works for the Federal Reserve, degree in math. Analyzes the SHlT out of the draft. He could do better...  I am sure of it.

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, 68JET11 said:

Gonna be fun watching Watson try to make plays with Chris Herndon and Chris Hogan next 3 years 

• Upvote 2