Watson’s “people” are quiet now

Wit

Does this mean that 

a) Watson was told he ain’t going anywhere no matter what?

b) he is talking with Cully and renegotiating the terms of his deal(

c) letting everything breathe, and dropping the hammer that he is only interested in one or two teams... killing his trade value and allowing the Texans to get killed in any deal. 

I can’t see deshaun wanting NY to win NOW,  just for his brand. Panthers make a lot more sense. I wonder if JD pulls the trigger with them in a deal (reported to us by @football guy) so they can flip it for Watson. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 4

4 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Could be a deal is in the works.  Just letting it play out.

I doubt it.  They aren’t in any rush to trade him.  The Stafford return means only good news to them so they will wait for their best return .  Anyway i can Pretty much better my house the Jets arent trading for him knowing the cost 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

5 minutes ago, Wit said:

Does this mean that 

a) Watson was told he ain’t going anywhere no matter what?

b) he is talking with Cully and renegotiating the terms of his deal(

c) letting everything breathe, and dropping the hammer that he is only interested in one or two teams... killing his trade value and allowing the Texans to get killed in any deal. 

I can’t see deshaun wanting NY to win NOW,  just for his brand. Panthers make a lot more sense. I wonder if JD pulls the trigger with them in a deal (reported to us by @football guy) so they can flip it for Watson. 

Absolutely 

10 minutes ago, Wit said:

Deshaun would rather play for Saleh than the Panthers coach! 

And what exactly does this mean??

I can’t see deshaun wanting NY to win NOW,  just for his brand.

Makes no sense.... explain please.

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

5 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

Deshaun would rather play for Saleh than the Panthers coach! 

And what exactly does this mean??

I can’t see deshaun wanting NY to win NOW,  just for his brand.

Makes no sense.... explain please.

So I believe deshauns marketing agent has a vested in him coming to NY and joining the Brooklyn nets marketing strategy that they have going. They may convince him that living in NY is worth being patient for a rebuild as they will also be building his brand. It’s true that you can make money anywhere, but WINNING in ny makes you a hero. Namath literally hawks old people products now. 

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Wit said:

So I believe deshauns marketing agent has a vested in him coming to NY and joining the Brooklyn nets marketing strategy that they have going. They may convince him that living in NY is worth being patient for a rebuild as they will also be building his brand. It’s true that you can make money anywhere, but WINNING in ny makes you a hero. Namath literally hawks old people products now. 

Speaking with people who are actually marketing agents and this way of thinking is dead. There's no endorsement in New York that he can't book in Houston 

• Upvote 3

31 minutes ago, undertow said:

That's the popular opinion these days but if you think Watson wouldn't have more exposure and be a bigger star then on the Houston Texans I think you are wrong....people barely talk about the Texans it's like playing baseball for the Florida Marlins.

Baker Mayfield has been doing a lot of commercials out of Cleveland and that was before they had a winning season.

• Upvote 1

Don't fall for it.

His agent is playing you just like everyone else plays Jets fans.  Want to create maximum buzz?  Want to generate maximum panic in Houston?  Ignite the 20M people in the NYC Metro area, make them feel the Deshaun love, tell them Miami is a threat. 

For 10 minutes worth of uploads and likes, there you go, it's The Decision all over again.  Deshaun doesn't want to play in New York; he just wants to play New York.

SAR I

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 2

32 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

The disgruntled quarterback removed all Texans references and logos from his Instagram and Twitter bios. Where there once was a Texans photo, according to the Houston Chronicle, Watson now identifies himself as just an “athlete” on Instagram.

Identifying as an athlete...how very progressive of him. 

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, pointman said:

Fleece some team for Sam,

draft one of the young guns,

mock Watson as being overhyped and malnourished with his weak ligaments and such,

say how much we didn't want him at all,

profit. 

You cannot get a haul for Sam and expect a bargain for Deshaun.

• Upvote 4

His camp can be quiet. Either they want NY “JET Green” or they are using that to motivate teams to get him the F out of Houston. Either way the  “people” can chill now - the noise was made. 

And if he really wants the JETS they probably already “unofficially” are aware. 

it’s game on for JD either way. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

You cannot get a haul for Sam and expect a bargain for Deshaun.

Yes, you can.  Two separate sellers with two different motivations. 

Houston has to get a new quarterback and has to get quality draft picks to rebuild their team.  They have very few options and are desperate.  Zach Wilson, a future first rounder, and a couple of second rounders will be their best option. 

The Jets can do nothing, take Zach Wilson themselves, and dangle Darnold to one of the 5-7 teams needing a quarterback who can’t get one of the FA’s or draft elites.  They will overpay for Darnold out of desperation.  Or we can keep him and have a competition with Wilson.  

The Texans are desperate for a quality Watson replacement and the Jets aren’t desperate because Wilson falls in their laps at no charge.  That’s how we can get a haul for Darnold and a bargain on Watson. 

SAR I

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

8 hours ago, SAR I said:

Yes, you can.  Two separate sellers with two different motivations. 

Houston has to get a new quarterback and has to get quality draft picks to rebuild their team.  They have very few options and are desperate.  Zach Wilson, a future first rounder, and a couple of second rounders will be their best option. 

The Jets can do nothing, take Zach Wilson themselves, and dangle Darnold to one of the 5-7 teams needing a quarterback who can’t get one of the FA’s or draft elites.  They will overpay for Darnold out of desperation.  Or we can keep him and have a competition with Wilson.  

The Texans are desperate for a quality Watson replacement and the Jets aren’t desperate because Wilson falls in their laps at no charge.  That’s how we can get a haul for Darnold and a bargain on Watson. 

SAR I

SAR there is a rumor that Houston doesn't have Wilson on their board due to his religious beliefs 

Also fields and Watson share agents 

The Texans don't want 2 overall 

The Saleh hire was sheer brilliance, seems everybody loves this guy. It also propped up Joe Douglas as a guy that can bring home the bacon.

I can't stand social media but the Saleh hire instantly put out the fires raging around the New York Jets an sprinkled them with Calvin Kleins Obsession. 

Crazy as it is, we went from the Media killing us for tanking on purpose to a destination point with that one hire. And not one player we sign this offseason will give a damn about the new ugly uniforms. 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1