Snow storm and the media.

Sheesh give it a rest every weather person  saying something different. 

2" - 18" 

Grocery store was mega packed with no covid restrictions and social distancing. 

CostCo I drove in the lot and out of the lot no way i'm doing that. 

We usually grocery shop Monday night but knew it wasn't going to happen. 

I told my wife I have plenty of cans of Spaghettios we are good. 

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Sheesh give it a rest every weather person  saying something different. 

2" - 18" 

Grocery store was mega packed with no covid restrictions and social distancing. 

CostCo I drove in the lot and out of the lot no way i'm doing that. 

We usually grocery shop Monday night but knew it wasn't going to happen. 

I told my wife I have plenty of cans of Spaghettios we are good. 

9 am here and we got a foot or more in northwest NJ.
Winds are mild now but the forecast is for 45MPH gusts this afternoon. Generator gased up and ready!

The hysteria is out of control. If you live in the northeast, chances are from time to time you will be dealing with significant snowfall (and hurricanes and nor'easters too). It's not the end of the world. But does give me a sense that my retreat to a winter home in warmer climate in the Carolinas is getting overdue. 

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, Bugg said:

The hysteria is out of control. If you live in the northeast, chances are from time to time you will be dealing with significant snowfall (and hurricanes and nor'easters too). It's not the end of the world. But does give me a sense that my retreat to a winter home in warmer climate in the Carolinas is getting overdue. 

Absolutely agree. 

I just said to my wife on the phone might be time to spend that vacation house savings money in Florida the Jersey Shore is just so far out of reach for something decent. 

8 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

White out conditions here heavy snow wind starting to pickup. 

I already cleaned 3x I had to dig out end of double driveway at 5am plowed in, wife is a frontline healthcare worker. 

Im resting up for the next round of clean up. 

Ask SAR I who he hires for cleanup . You know that he doesn't shovel.

58 minutes ago, SAM SAM HE'S OUR MAN said:

Ask SAR I who he hires for cleanup . You know that he doesn't shovel.

He's in Bergen County im in Somerset County. 

I tried a hired landscaper they made a mess years ago and did a really bad job cleaning up after a big storm. 

Not to my standards for now i'm managing with a snow blower. 

6 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Me too, I haven't been following what's going on. 

It involves politics so I'll just say this...  a partof Vic's fanbase has turned on him, and viscously, because he believes in science and like most sane people, was repulsed by what has transgressed from the oval office and congress this past year. His own fans threatened him.  Human garbage, they are.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Dcat said:

It involves politics so I'll just say this...  a partof Vic's fanbase has turned on him, and viscously, because he believes in science and like most sane people, was repulsed by what has transgressed from the oval office and congress this past year. His own fans threatened him.  Human garbage, they are.

Ok got ya. Trying to avoid all that myself. 

• Upvote 1

It was -43.8 C in Edmonton last night.  Which is -46.8 F  That is without wind chill.  It is too cold to snow, the atmosphere cannot hold moisture.  That is not including wind chill.

It is -32 C right now at 9:30 am

I think I will go out and see if my truck will start.

I just ordered a new snow blower. 

My 2 stage older Craftsman model is old and the carburetor is starting to give me issues. 

Many choices heated grips,power-steering I chose none of that more to break. 

For the lighter powder snow like yesterday I have a Toro rubber blade type it is the best. 

For the heavier deeper snow need the bigger models. 

My wife said you're spending $900 on a new snow blower whats wrong with the old one I replied nothing if you want to take care of the snow detail from here on out. 

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Beerfish said:

It was -43.8 C in Edmonton last night.  Which is -46.8 F  That is without wind chill.  It is too cold to snow, the atmosphere cannot hold moisture.  That is not including wind chill.

It is -32 C right now at 9:30 am

I think I will go out and see if my truck will start.

What type of jacket do you wear in that weather?

8 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

I just ordered a new snow blower. 

My 2 stage older Craftsman model is old and the carburetor is starting to give me issues. 

Many choices heated grips,power-steering I chose none of that more to break. 

For the lighter powder snow like yesterday I have a Toro rubber blade type it is the best. 

For the heavier deeper snow need the bigger models. 

My wife said you're spending $900 on a new snow blower whats wrong with the old one I replied nothing if you want to take care of the snow detail from here on out. 

Your wife is right. Get a service for the bad snow days.  Why spend 900 bucks. It barely snows more than 2x a year now

7 minutes ago, batman10023 said:

What type of jacket do you wear in that weather?

Layers, funny thing is I have bought a LOT of 'good quality' parkas over the years but my bane is the zippers they always break after a few years.

The one I am using now is and old old ugly thing I have had for 30 years.  But it works and is big enough I can layer under neath it.

24 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Layers, funny thing is I have bought a LOT of 'good quality' parkas over the years but my bane is the zippers they always break after a few years.

The one I am using now is and old old ugly thing I have had for 30 years.  But it works and is big enough I can layer under neath it.

I bought one of those Canada geese jackets.  Figure if you guys wore it has to be warm.  It’s pretty good. 
anything below 30 and I get cold quickly

24 minutes ago, batman10023 said:

I bought one of those Canada geese jackets.  Figure if you guys wore it has to be warm.  It’s pretty good. 
anything below 30 and I get cold quickly

Yeah feet and hands are the worst for me.  Luckily there is usually only maybe two weeks a year we get real awful cold these days.

11 hours ago, batman10023 said:

Your wife is right. Get a service for the bad snow days.  Why spend 900 bucks. It barely snows more than 2x a year now

They don't do a good enough thorough job and it isn't cheap. 

A storm with about 6" of snow cost me $150 a few years ago after one of my surgeries.