Snow storm and the media.

On 2/8/2021 at 2:00 PM, joewilly12 said:

I just ordered a new snow blower. 

My 2 stage older Craftsman model is old and the carburetor is starting to give me issues. 

Many choices heated grips,power-steering I chose none of that more to break. 

For the lighter powder snow like yesterday I have a Toro rubber blade type it is the best. 

For the heavier deeper snow need the bigger models. 

My wife said you're spending $900 on a new snow blower whats wrong with the old one I replied nothing if you want to take care of the snow detail from here on out. 

She’s still mad about the umbrella 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/8/2021 at 2:00 PM, joewilly12 said:

I just ordered a new snow blower. 

My 2 stage older Craftsman model is old and the carburetor is starting to give me issues. 

Many choices heated grips,power-steering I chose none of that more to break. 

For the lighter powder snow like yesterday I have a Toro rubber blade type it is the best. 

For the heavier deeper snow need the bigger models. 

My wife said you're spending $900 on a new snow blower whats wrong with the old one I replied nothing if you want to take care of the snow detail from here on out. 

FYI modern technology has arrived like 6-7 years ago. Go with a Toro 724 power max oe  with its innovative anti clogging system. It works in wet or dry snow. When we had 2ft of wet snow in 2016 I did my 1000 square ft driveway and long ass sidewalk (I live on a corner) in 2 hours. I paid $700.00 for it in 2015.

Also run the gas out of the machine in the spring. Old gas ****s the carb up.

• Post of the Week 1

@BP

I bought another Craftsman very similar to that Toro. 

It was available now and that was key in this purchase. 

I use the Tri-Fuel gas and my dad RIP told me always drain the gas at the end of the season in everything and it will start right up when you go to use it again next season So far hes been right. 

THANKS 

image.png.cd8c411bba854580ad4625f7ab56e0f4.png

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

@BP

I use the Tri-Fuel gas and my dad RIP told me always drain the gas at the end of the season in everything and it will start right up when you go to use it again next season So far hes been right. 

THANKS 

I got a young wife and a snow shovel.  I think your option might be cheaper.  

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

Toro issues nationwide recall for a snow blower that carries the risk of amputation

By Maria Morava and Scottie Andrew, CNN 
Updated 9:39 AM EST, Fri February 19, 2021
This snowblower, the Toro Power Max 826 OHAE Snowthrower, Model 37802, has been recalled due to an amputation hazard.

(CNN)As winter storms sweep the US, you may be using your snow blower more than ever.

And if it's made by Toro, it's time to check your model number.

The company is recalling around 6,700 Toro Power Max 826 OHAE Snowthrowers with the model number 37802 because of an amputation hazard, according to the US Consumer Product Safety Commission.

keep your hands away 

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

I worked with a guy who put his hand in a snow blower needless to say he was missing a few fingers. 

He has since passed away hard worker nice guy but use common sense. 

You don't put your hands fingers where you wouldn't put your penis. 

@T0mShane if you want us to write this on an index card let us know. You can carry it around in your wallet.

The saying, not your penis.

• Haha 2

On 2/19/2021 at 6:17 AM, joewilly12 said:

@BP

THANKS 

Looks a lot like the one I have had for about 5 years.  I was heading down to Miami on business a few years ago when my last snowblower crapped out on me.  It was a few days before I was leaving and forecast for a foot of snow.  Wife and daughter would have had nothiing but a couple of shovels.  Called around to Lowe's, Home Depot, Sears.  Anyone in the area who sold snow blowers, and Sears was the only one that could get a new one delivered in a couple of days.  It showed up on time, and I was okay to head down south for work. 

Kept myself out of the doghouse.  At least until I posted the facebook pictures of me and a couple of co-workers having drinks by the pool.

• Haha 1