Multiple teams have contacted NYJ about Sam Darnold

7 minutes ago, football guy said:

Nearly half the NFL has at least reached out to gauge the Jets interest in trading him. 

Rams called about a deal sending Goff and picks to the Jets for Darnold, likely as a contingency if they couldn't get Stafford. Jets weren't interested. 

Well I mean.... why would we want Goff? honestly I don't really thing he's anything that special on top of that ludicrous salary.

Appreciate your posts the response is more of me thinking out loud.

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

Tell me about it.  And I just can't bring myself to switch teams.   Would be too weird.

Have floated the idea to the wife that we start taking hikes, etc. during our games next season if Darnold is the QB.

I hear ya Munch. I have never turned off so many Jet games in my life. The most annoying thing about Darnold last year was his lack of ability to just make the SIMPLE PLAYS! Drove me nuts! And I had NFLGAMEDAY so I could go back, watch the all 22 & it just amazed me how little this guy developed in 2 years. 

It started right out of the gate in game 1 vs the Bills, we had 3 drives in a row, all 3 & outs where he was asked to hit a simple out pattern for 7/8 yards & he missed them all. 2nd & 3rd and long after that. It was maddening. Plus he lost his feel that he had as a rookie for taking an easy 8 yards with his feet, so he was totally discombobulated in his mind. Gase just sucks so bad & his scheme was horrible. Sam was freaking lost last year.

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

15 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

I still cant believe Joe D got 2 1sts and a 3rd for Adams.  I am thinking we can get a 2nd for Darnold but with Joe D pulling the strings, who knows.  Maybe we get a 1st.

2  2nd's  and a player  ?

30 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Multiple teams inquiring about Darnold because he's 23, cheap and has potential. Most importantly he shuts his mouth and plays 

Watson is 25, expensive and has demands about how the team should be run. He's on the verge of a holdout and shooting his way out of town. 

Yes Watson is the guy who is better at football. He's also a high maintenance guy. 

The Jets get paid the same for wins and losses. They don't need to be hassled by qb1 making the most money in team history 

Fans see darnold as a problem but he's actually super low maintenance. Watson is someone else's problem, at least from the owner perspective. The last thing woody Johnson wants to do is talk to an employee about how he should run his business. Woody would rather lose for a decade straight than do that. And in fact he has done exactly that 

lol that stuff you come up with, boy i tell ya. at least it sparks debate, ill give you that.

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, WowOhWow said:

It's fun to watch JD work.  Head coach, leadership behind Sam.  Now other teams starting to "inquire".  My view is JD is leveraging all the avenues he can to strengthen his bargaining position.  No emotion.  Methodical.  

What a departure from the amateur hour leadership we've had in previous years.  

All conjecture bc none of us know what's really happening but from afar I really like what I see in this guy.

JD is a good leader, but his draft picks have to be better than Perine and Zuniga.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Marshmello said:

Does Sf even have the cap space?? Better for us then, we'll be able to get a bunch of their free agents

Yes...

Jimmy Garrapolo is moveable this year.  Dead money isn't a concern, and his contract is 'reasonable' for the next few years, given where the economy of the position is going.

Cousins contract this year is about 6 million more than Garrapolo, and he is cuttable after this season.  Now, I am sure they would renegotiate with him, but still.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Samtorobby47 said:

lol that stuff you come up with, boy i tell ya. at least it sparks debate, ill give you that.

Walk in another man's shoes as the saying goes 

Look at this from Watson's perspective, from Joe Douglas, from woody. What is perspective of the new Houston decision makers?

Those 4 voices maybe Saleh, is what matters in terms of future predictions. What is going to happen? 

No one cares about the perspective of a Jets fan wanting to win games. That last perspective doesn't get a vote in how this turns out. 

1 hour ago, prime21 said:

They cant just trade him now because they would have to figure out if he is part of a possible Watson deal.   

I mean, I can't imagine Houston has any interest in Sam Darnold.  The # 2 pick would be the real prize for them, so they can select any QB in this draft they'd like other than Lawrence, and hit the reset button for the franchise.  So I see no reason not to trade Darnold now.  

He's not the guy at QB.  So get as much draft capital for him as you can, whenever you can. 

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, Stark said:

Well I mean.... why would we want Goff? honestly I don't really thing he's anything that special on top of that ludicrous salary.

Appreciate your posts the response is more of me thinking out loud.

Yeah I think the Rams just wanted to move on. I think McVay had both professional and personal reasons for wanting to move Goff, and now that he has made a reputation for himself the GM was much more willing to defer to the coach as it pertains what to do at the QB position in-spite of the contract, and the owner has full confidence in both men.

They were willing to replace him with Rodgers all the way down to Mariota.

Why Sam? McVay views him as a player with superior ability and a much better fit for his scheme. 

I think the Mariota call also points to a player who will be elsewhere in 2021. His salary is a bit much for the Raiders, and given the league-wide demand for QBs, I could see him starting for a new team in the near-future. 

• Upvote 2

40 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

Tell me about it.  And I just can't bring myself to switch teams.   Would be too weird.

Have floated the idea to the wife that we start taking hikes, etc. during our games next season if Darnold is the QB.

That's a good call.  Just take a year off and come back fresh in 2022.  Maybe go find Jeremy Bates and join him on the Appalachian Trail.  

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, WowOhWow said:

It's fun to watch JD work.  Head coach, leadership behind Sam.  Now other teams starting to "inquire".  My view is JD is leveraging all the avenues he can to strengthen his bargaining position.  No emotion.  Methodical.  

What a departure from the amateur hour leadership we've had in previous years.  

All conjecture bc none of us know what's really happening but from afar I really like what I see in this guy.

JD has perfected art of doing nothing.

3 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

I love that he kept driving. Does he think that maybe his boss won’t notice the top is sheared off the truck box? What’s the plan? Feign surprise? “How the heck did THAT happen?”

..alcohol   ?

1 minute ago, football guy said:

Yeah I think the Rams just wanted to move on. I think McVay had both professional and personal reasons for wanting to move Goff, and now that he has made a reputation for himself the GM was much more willing to defer to the coach as it pertains what to do at the QB position in-spite of the contract, and the owner has full confidence in both men.

They were willing to replace him with Rodgers all the way down to Mariota.

Why Sam? McVay views him as a player with superior ability and a much better fit for his scheme. 

I think the Mariota call also points to a player who will be elsewhere in 2021. His salary is a bit much for the Raiders, and given the league-wide demand for QBs, I could see him starting for a new team in the near-future. 

I can understand a team being willing to take a chance on Sam... after all, we did the worst thing you can do to a young QB. Give him a horrible coach, have him in multiple offensive systems, poor Line, and no consistency at WR and not adding enough talent. 

Had we gone a different way than Gase, Sam may be on a complete different trajectory. never know. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

42 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

There may come a day when I don't turn on the game, but there will NEVER be a day when I change my allegiance. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

34 minutes ago, football guy said:

Nearly half the NFL has at least reached out to gauge the Jets interest in trading him. 

Rams called about a deal sending Goff and picks to the Jets for Darnold, likely as a contingency if they couldn't get Stafford. Jets weren't interested. 

Keep it coming bro- I scan every thread looking for your comments.

*mods- is it possible to have a sticky with FG and Moggelzs scoops?

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

9 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

I love that he kept driving. Does he think that maybe his boss won’t notice the top is sheared off the truck box? What’s the plan? Feign surprise? “How the heck did THAT happen?”

Theres an entire YouTub channel dedicated to that bridge I think lol or one just like it. 

9 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I mean, I can't imagine Houston has any interest in Sam Darnold.  The # 2 pick would be the real prize for them, so they can select any QB in this draft they'd like other than Lawrence, and hit the reset button for the franchise.  So I see no reason not to trade Darnold now.  

He's not the guy at QB.  So get as much draft capital for him as you can, whenever you can. 

You have a PHD in bad takes.

If the filth you've been spewing for months were even remotely accurate, multiple teams would not be calling about Sam, or we would have already traded him for whatever they could get.

16 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Look at this from Watson's perspective, from Joe Douglas, from woody.

Woody's perspective is backwards through a telescope from a tea party on Mars. This ******* guy gets suckered by Rex, decides he needs a sherpa to help him navigate the world of Regular Dudes, and picks Hymie Elhai. It's not even that they're cheap in the Bengals sense, they just really don't even see themselves as anything other than lessors of a property that is basically assured of perpetual appreciation. They call it 'American football' when they're not talking to subordinates or the press.

4 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

How do you get there from "this" rumor? This is what was posted:

Teams that have no interest in trading their existing QBs don't call the Lions to inquire about their QB, then field calls about the existing one, then generate a buzz by leaking that multiple teams have already called in so far. 

They tend to leak nothing and tell every team - followed by a formal statement - that Darnold is not for sale & is one of the team's "untouchable" players.

when jamal was flipping out amid the trade rumors, douglas said 'where i come from you pick up the phone'.  so yeah i expect him to listen to all trade offers.

• Upvote 4