Multiple teams have contacted NYJ about Sam Darnold

1 hour ago, football guy said:

Trust me.

Why?

40 minutes ago, football guy said:

Having the fortune to know some of these people, 

You seem to really be eager to push this on the forum. Is it that important to you that you say you know people in the league? 

• Sympathy 1

I said it before in another thread. It’s very telling that coaches like Sean Payton, Kyle Shanahan, Jon Gruden, Frank Reich, and Sean McVay (apparently even BB asked about Sam) who are some of the best offensive HCs...

wanting Sam Darnold. Does that mean we should pass on Zach Wilson? I don’t think so.

But I also don’t think if this coaching staff and gm believe in him we should freak out

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Adoni Beast said:

I said it before in another thread. It’s very telling that coaches like Sean Payton, Kyle Shanahan, Jon Gruden, Frank Reich, and Sean McVay (apparently even BB asked about Sam) who are some of the best offensive HCs...

wanting Sam Darnold. Does that mean we should pass on Zach Wilson? I don’t think so.

But I also don’t think if this coaching staff and gm believe in him we should freak out

I don't buy that public relations blather for a second.  Especially from Belicheat who lit Darnold up and made him look truly inept.

• Sympathy 1

Mogglez/FBguy, 

Question:  I have read your posts about SAM and the team thoughts.  Do you honestly believe that the new coaching staff is just doing due diligence and plan on keeping SAM with the hope that they can fix the mechanical flaws with good quality coaching? 

2 minutes ago, Paradis said:

So more of a logic question; if all the best minds in the NFL think Sam is salvageable (and worth it)… Why aren’t we just doing that ourselves? 

From the sound of it....that seems to be Plan B with trading down, with Watson being Plan A. We just refuse to accept it here because 99% of the board wants to move on. 

1 minute ago, Paradis said:

So more of a logic question; if all the best minds in the NFL think Sam is salvageable (and worth it)… Why aren’t we just doing that ourselves? 

Two thoughts:

1. You're assuming that all the "best minds" are speaking sincerely;

2. We have been "doing just that" the last three years.   Darnold has had the keys to the franchise and essentaiily left them at the bar where he picked up Mono Chick.

• Sympathy 1

24 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

This.... but..... I cannot name one QB coming out next year and that worries me about putting off getting our QB. Let Wilson sit a year while Sam either raises his value (comp pick) or takes a beating. That gives us 2 full off-season's to build around our new young QB.

One in the hand is worth two in the bush!!

Nobody was talking about Burrow the year before his final season. Nobody was talking about Zach Wilson last year. 

Idk, the whole "well we're at 2, so we have to choose Fields or Wilson" doesn't seem entirely logical to me. 

Just now, Waka Flocka Flacco said:

Better logic question: nobody's acting on these opinions, so what are they worth?

I dunno. I know that the majority of posts I read with your name on it seem be either bitching and/or generally complaining/ridiculing others or their thoughts. 

• Upvote 4

7 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Because they are wrong and like to copy each other. Sam is terrible and will never amount to an elite NFL quarterback. Serviceable is seeming out of reach at this point. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

22 minutes ago, SOJ said:

With all due respect to your opinion.  The precedent was set with JA, JD said then he will listen to any and all offers. IMHO that is what they are doing, its call due diligence. Nothing more, nothing less. Drawing conclusions beyond that is just speculation and not based on facts.

Meh my post was more of a counter to Pac's absurd 'you can definitively point to the Jets are keeping Darnold' stance than I was making the point Jets are clearly moving on to Darnold. I don't know what the Jets are going to do, but teams that are 100% sold on their starting QB don't worry about due diligence with any available QB (other than maybe Watson since that opportunity is so unprecedented).

Do you think Buffalo did "due diligence" in asking Detroit about Stafford, is calling Houston about Watson, and/or is fielding calls for Allen? Even if the latter was true would they leak "multiple teams have called..." to put additional chum in the water? Fat chance because, unlike the Jets with Darnold, the Bills have zero interest in moving on from Allen.

The Jets have interest in moving on; whether they'd get their asking price for him, in conjunction with how they feel about the 2021 prospects or the asking price for Watson, is anyone's guess right now. I don't think they're as down on him as many/most fans, but they don't have zero interest in moving on & it wouldn't take anywhere near the top 3 draft pick initially paid to get them to say "SOLD!!" either.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, Paradis said:

I dunno. I know that the majority of posts I read with your name on it seem be either bitching and/or generally complaining/ridiculing others or their thoughts. 

Sperm used to complain about this too. Agreement is fine but it's not a going concern. If you agree with someone then it's agreed and you're agreed and that's that. Why put more time in?

5 minutes ago, Waka Flocka Flacco said:

Sperm used to complain about this too. Agreement is fine but it's not a going concern. If you agree with someone then it's agreed and you're agreed and that's that. Why put more time in?

Yea i get it. Why even talk period. Let's just eyeball each other until someone nods - and ready to throw down. 

7 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Meh my post was more of a counter to Pac's absurd 'you can definitively point to the Jets are keeping Darnold' stance than I was making the point Jets are clearly moving on to Darnold. I don't know what the Jets are going to do, but teams that are 100% sold on their starting QB don't worry about due diligence with any available QB (other than maybe Watson since that opportunity is so unprecedented).

Do you think Buffalo did "due diligence" in asking Detroit about Stafford, is calling Houston about Watson, and/or is fielding calls for Allen? Even if the latter was true would they leak "multiple teams have called..." to put additional chum in the water? Fat chance because, unlike the Jets with Darnold, the Bills have zero interest in moving on from Allen.

The Jets have interest in moving on; whether they'd get their asking price for him, in conjunction with how they feel about the 2021 prospects or the asking price for Watson, is anyone's guess right now. I don't think they're as down on him as many/most fans, but they don't have zero interest in moving on & it wouldn't take anywhere near the top 3 draft pick initially paid to get them to say "SOLD!!" either.

Great point

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Mogglez said:

I don’t know if the rest of the league has a consensus, but I do think that these teams feel there is a drop off when you get to whoever they have as QB3 and QB4 and they’d rather just get their pick of the litter.

There is a huge drop off in this Qb draft class after Trevor

Mac Jones will be good in the nfl.  The rest of these guys like Fields and Wilson are locks to bust

So if I’m a team in need of a young qb Sam for a 2nd + make way or sense than these frauds

• WTF? 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

There is a huge drop off in this Qb draft class after Trevor

Mac Jones will be good in the nfl.  The rest of these guys like Fields and Wilson are locks to bust

So if I’m a team in need of a young qb Sam for a 2nd + make way or sense than these frauds

If you thought Watson's record last year sucked I got some real bad news for you re Samderella.

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, pointman said:

Why?

You seem to really be eager to push this on the forum. Is it that important to you that you say you know people in the league? 

I say trust me because from my personal experience, I used to trust someone’s word who worked in the sport over my own opinion. I think some fans will assume “people in the nfl” know more because their pedigree, but I’m saying that’s not true. It’s a compliment to fans and acknowledgment that just because “NFL people” think Sam is a good player doesn’t make the fans who say he’s not wrong. However, in Sam’s case it seems like the opinion is unanimous. 

• Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, Paradis said:

First of all, I don't know how you determined that "all" of the NFL's bright minds think this way.

But even if they do, that doesn't mean they would all want to go into a season with him as a starter. Salvageable can also mean making him go into a season as a backup to build himself back up, like Tannehill did.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, riggy001 said:

What a ridiculous statement, based on what?. 

Sam is the worst starting QB in the NFL and it's really not up for debate. However - he's still on his rookie deal and the Jets can easily cut bait.

Goff is bad and really expensive. So much so the Rams had to package a bunch of firsts they don't have and eat $20M to get rid of him.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Paradis said:

He's been banned twice before.  Being a d*ck is his shtick.  Hey, that rhymed!

Come to terms with that and his posts become kind of endearing in a way.

• Haha 1