Multiple teams have contacted NYJ about Sam Darnold

7 hours ago, bitonti said:

Multiple teams inquiring about Darnold because he's 23, cheap and has potential. Most importantly he shuts his mouth and plays 

Watson is 25, expensive and has demands about how the team should be run. He's on the verge of a holdout and shooting his way out of town. 

Yes Watson is the guy who is better at football. He's also a high maintenance guy. 

The Jets get paid the same for wins and losses. They don't need to be hassled by qb1 making the most money in team history 

Fans see darnold as a problem but he's actually super low maintenance. Watson is someone else's problem, at least from the owner perspective. The last thing woody Johnson wants to do is talk to an employee about how he should run his business. Woody would rather lose for a decade straight than do that. And in fact he has done exactly that 

Right we should all be OK when a cloak and dagger guy with no football experience begins running the team. This a$$hole is also running around texting us and teammates in psychotic passive aggressive ways. He also will text our family to try to pressure us. Meanwhile the owner has been convinced into blind allegiance to this man. Sounds like an org that I should stand by and support as they harass me/teammates. I guess Watt is a malcontent as well?

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, dcJet said:

It's a story about oppression and ultimate redemption.

Samderella is living in forsaken circumstances, kept in rags by his evil stepcoach Adam Gase.

After all hope is lost, his fairy godcoach, Robert Saleh uses his magic wand and transforms Samderella into a beautiful QB with a shiny new game plans and glittering weaponz and stunning my-cause cleats made of glass....

bit if a reach there but points for effort

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Adoni Beast said:

I said it before in another thread. It’s very telling that coaches like Sean Payton, Kyle Shanahan, Jon Gruden, Frank Reich, and Sean McVay (apparently even BB asked about Sam) who are some of the best offensive HCs...

wanting Sam Darnold. Does that mean we should pass on Zach Wilson? I don’t think so.

But I also don’t think if this coaching staff and gm believe in him we should freak out

it's more of a commentary on the coaches and the gms than darnold, IMO.

12 minutes ago, dcJet said:

It's a story about oppression and ultimate redemption.

Samderella is living in forsaken circumstances, kept in rags by his evil stepcoach Adam Gase.

After all hope is lost, his fairy godcoach, Robert Saleh uses his magic wand and transforms Samderella into a beautiful QB with shiny new game plans and glittering weaponz and stunning my-cause cleats made of glass....

Damn that’s beautiful. 

9 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

this could of been one of those teams 

Interestingly Rick Dennison is one of the leading contenders for the OC position in Minnesota....worked with Jeremy Bates here in 2018 when Bates was OC and Sam’s rookie year....tenuous link but a link all the same.

• Sympathy 1

6 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

And yet even Bradford was way better than Darnold.  Just look at Bradford's 7 healthy games in 2013 and full season with Minnesota in 2016:

• 2013 (7 games):  60.7 % completions, 14 TDs, 4 INTs
  • 2016:  71.6 % completions, 20 TDs, 5 INTs, 7.0 Yards/Attempt

If Darnold put up anything resembling those numbers, there would be people here demanding Douglas hands him top 10 QB money.  

Tough to go apples to apples comparison with Bradford.  Bradford had a redshirt season in ‘06 and then played 3 yrs in college. He was also a 6 yr vet in ‘16. 

Darnold was and still is far from a finished product. Does that mean he becomes a winning starting QB?  I don’t know. But I’d like to see what he would do in a system similar to what he played in his rookie yr when he was trending up at the end of the season. 

2 hours ago, C Mart said:

Tough to go apples to apples comparison with Bradford.  Bradford had a redshirt season in ‘06 and then played 3 yrs in college. He was also a 6 yr vet in ‘16. 

Darnold was and still is far from a finished product. Does that mean he becomes a winning starting QB?  I don’t know. But I’d like to see what he would do in a system similar to what he played in his rookie yr when he was trending up at the end of the season. 

The “trending up” consisted of two good games. 

• Upvote 2

15 hours ago, C Mart said:

And I'll counter your argument that every year its only getting easier to put up big passing numbers.  So "inflation" suggests 2013 and 2016 Bradford would have done even better in 2020.  

Darnold struggling to get to 200 yards every week is simply sad and pathetic, no matter what excuses or circumstances are working against him.

And in any case, the larger point I was making is QB's keep getting chances based on their draft pedigree.  That doesn't mean they deserve those chances.  Bradford, Mark Sanchez, Joey Harrington, David Carr, Jason Campbell, Vince Young, Josh Freeman, Blaine Gabbert, RG3, etc are guys who get drafted high, fail, and then get chances with multiple franchises, where they also fail.  Meanwhile, the list of guys who fail at their first stop and then succeed elsewhere (or fail for their first 3 seasons only to go on to success in year 4) is very small.  

20 hours ago, NYJ1 said:

I'm not going to say I don't want Deshaun Watson, but I'm satisfied to say I don't want him at the price being tossed around. At that rate, I'd rather go all in with Sammy. And I'd be very happy about it also....

Watson getting his blindside protected by Edoga and throwing to Chris Hogan and Chris Herndon is winning... maybe 2 more games than Sam last season

The only way I trade Sammy is under the following:

1) The Jets have already acquired Deshaun Watson. There's NO way I'm going to trade Sammy and then draft some totally unproven, overhyped nobody like Justin Fields. Zach Wilson? Anybody else? I want NO part of it.I

2) The Jets get at least a 2nd rounder.