Jets Parking changes Goodbye to Green,Yellow,Orange

Dcat

Just now, Dcat said:

LOL.  They could not care less.  And I only park in Green when it is raining.  Stupid guards NEVER check.  Otherwise it's J or K for quick Rte 3 West exit.

I'm sure that takes place for those in the know.  However, that's outlier behavior. 

The vast majority of those attending just 1 game per year, or enemy fans in town from a different state, or those who get free tickets from friends, they can only buy Orange parking and when they see the signs directing them to those satellite lots, they just follow directions as they should.

Bottom line is, on gameday, any people coming to games by car with a general admission parking pass can now park in Lots B, D, L, J, and M and season ticket holders used to strolling in closer to kickoff are going to find themselves in parking Siberia unless they themselves get there earlier.

SAR I

31 minutes ago, SAR I said:

If we get Deshaun Watson our PSL's will be worth 2x what we paid for them back in 2009.

Investment Platinum, indeed.

SAR I

PSLs were discontinued in your section.  Once PSL holders bail out, those seats are just ordinary game-by-game sales.  Good thing you have row 1, because anything else has zero value.   Same is true elsewhere except perhaps between the 30 yard lines.   Basically, PSLs will be eliminated gradually everywhere except perhaps clubs and maybe between the 20's.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

Did they email us with this yet?

Yeah, I got mine an hour ago.  Prices appear to be the same.  But Yellow and Orange have been merged into one group, so former Orange people pay more and have access to the same lots that the more expensive Yellow people used to have to themselves.

SAR I

2 minutes ago, SAR I said:

I'm sure that takes place for those in the know.  However, that's outlier behavior. 

The vast majority of those attending just 1 game per year, or enemy fans in town from a different state, or those who get free tickets from friends, they can only buy Orange parking and when they see the signs directing them to those satellite lots, they just follow directions as they should.

Bottom line is, on gameday, any people coming to games by car with a general admission parking pass can now park in Lots B, D, L, J, and M and season ticket holders used to strolling in closer to kickoff are going to find themselves in parking Siberia unless they themselves get there earlier.

SAR I

I'm happy with the parking.  No complaints here.  J (formerly yellow) and K (formerly Yellow and changed to Orange) anre now gold.  No difference to me at all.  ANd if it's raining, I'll see you in the gray lots.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Dcat said:

PSLs were discontinued in your section.  Once PSL holders bail out, those seats are just ordinary game-by-game sales.  Good thing you have row 1, because anything else has zero value.   Same is true elsewhere except perhaps between the 30 yard lines.   Basically, PSLs will be eliminated gradually everywhere except perhaps clubs and maybe between the 20's.

PSL's were basically abandoned throughout the the entire stadium. 

You can buy seats anywhere from the NY Jets without paying the PSL fees. 

Those who paid PSL fees should  be refunded. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

I am so happy for stadium threads to be back. Makes me feel closer to normal.

Speaking of which, I clicked mainly blindly through the links in the Jets email this morning. Somehow changed my payment terms to 11 payments starting today (zero interest) instead of 9 starting in April. I had $900something credited from last year (I should check that to make sure the number is right, but I digress).

As I scarfed down lunch before my next meeting working at home as I have for 11 months, it hit me that I just paid the Jets money today for some reason. After spending 11 months at home, watching MS Teams Together Mode fans in the NBA bubble, while this season hasn't actually finished yet, I just gave the Jets money.

I'm not complaining. Just reflecting how weird it feels paying for live football right now.... 

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Yes, but that works to my advantage.  Having PSL's in a non-PSL section means that someone buying my 4 licenses will have the luxury of not being relocated whereas those around them always will.  Doesn't matter anyway, everyone in my small section are diehards from Giants Stadium who had early seniority and picked the best non-Club seats in the house, and I don't see any of them giving up on the team or surrendering their licenses without recouping their outlay.  And I'm never selling so it is immaterial.  What actually matters is what the gameday ticket values will be if we are an elite team or someone like Deshaun comes.  There aren't that many Row 1's available if I can't attend a game here or there.  Back in 2010 and 2011 we were getting 50% over face or more for key games.

SAR I

2 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Yes, but that works to my advantage.  Having PSL's in a non-PSL section means that someone buying my 4 licenses will have the luxury of not being relocated whereas those around them always will.  Doesn't matter anyway, everyone in my small section are diehards from Giants Stadium who had early seniority and picked the best non-Club seats in the house, and I don't see any of them giving up on the team or surrendering their licenses without recouping their outlay.  And I'm never selling so it is immaterial.  What actually matters is what the gameday ticket values will be if we are an elite team or someone like Deshaun comes.  There aren't that many Row 1's available if I can't attend a game here or there.  Back in 2010 and 2011 we were getting 50% over face or more for key games.

SAR I

Row 1 is the only thing that makes the corner view acceptable.  Been there, done that w/respect to corner seats. 

10 minutes ago, Dcat said:

I'm happy with the parking.  No complaints here.  J (formerly yellow) and K (formerly Yellow and changed to Orange) anre now gold.  No difference to me at all.  ANd if it's raining, I'll see you in the gray Platinum lots.

Platinum.  It's Platinum.  With a capital "P".

SAR I

• Haha 1

Just now, i sat at shea said:

Good For You Charlie

He’s so high on his horse so good for him.

Not sure why I’m being threatened over this.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

maybe because "GFY" is awfully close to "GFYC"

And it doesn't stand for "Good For You".  The verb is "Go" and the pronoun is "yourself" in case you didn't know.

maybe because "GFY" is awfully close to "GFYC"
And it doesn't stand for "Good For You".  The verb is "Go" and the pronoun is "yourself" in case you didn't know.

Not sure why it’s acceptable for him to troll and belittle people less fortunate than him but it’s not okay to to say “Good for you Charlie”. But sure, if that will make people happy I’ll spell it out each time.

• Upvote 1

SAR I

GOOD FOR YOU CHARLIE

SAR I

GOOD FOR YOU CHARLIE