Jets Parking changes Goodbye to Green,Yellow,Orange

Dcat

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

Platinum.  It's Platinum.  With a capital "P".

SAR I

We know see Sar's next 5 months of posts. A new theme has emerged.

Go long on the post count. Don't short JetNation posts. Sar has pivoted and survived after the Jets got the top coach on the market.  We now have months of parking lot posts.  Today is a good day for JetNation.  :)

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

42 minutes ago, prime21 said:

All that matters is where is Max's RV.

Already spoke to the Jets, they called me today actually. I had just finished reading the thread here and then I saw the email.

Anyhow, the RV looks like it will not be impacted since I already had the platinum pass.  Good news.

He said the plan right now is to have fans in the stands next year.  I don't see this impacting PSL holders, it does hurt regular season ticket holders that were in Yellow. That one old yellow lot on the other side of the stadium by the mall is going to be so congested now.  But with the mall there that was bound to happen. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

This changes nothing.  The former Green ($350 a season) is now  just grey- preferred.  The former Yellow and Orange  ($250) are merged.  All this means is more competition for fewer spots for those who do not have preferred parking.  The parking is still the same cluster &$*& it was since this awful stadium opening in 2010.  I've had tickets going back to Shea and MetLife is the worst parking situation of any stadium the Jets have called home.

Let's go back to first come first served like it was in Giants Stadium.  Give the Coaches Club people their special lot and everybody else should be rewarded for coming early by choosing where they want to park.  

Giants stadium parking was well designed.  One way in from each of the 4 corners, go where you want (if it's more than 2 hours before game time) and one way out from the 4 corners.  MetLife is like Manhattan - dozens of crossways, drivers allowed to go in every direction requiring "traffic police" - delays so each of 20,000 cars have to show their pass to 5-6 different traffic monitors as you go through 5-6 different intersections.  

When the Jets were in Giants Stadium, I had a tailgate with a bunch of us from NJ and LI and never had an issue parking together and having a great time.  Since 2010, we have never had another group tailgate because of the color codes, the traffic patterns that keep those coming form the Northeast (LI) on one side of the stadium and those coming from the West (NJ) on the other.  

I wish we kept Giants Stadium or were able to build the West Side stadium, because MetLife is the worst stadium for actual fans since I went to the old Pats Gillette/Schaeffer Stadium with horrible traffic, bad tailgating set up, horrible site lines and in game experience, and a lifetime to get home.  

The big screen tv looks better every season.  

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Already spoke to the Jets, they called me today actually. I had just finished reading the thread here and then I saw the email.

Anyhow, the RV looks like it will not be impacted since I already had the platinum pass.  Good news.

He said the plan right now is to have fans in the stands next year.  I don't see this impacting PSL holders, it does hurt regular season ticket holders that were in Yellow. That one old yellow lot on the other side of the stadium by the mall is going to be so congested now.  But with the mall there that was bound to happen. 

I own a PSL(148)  and have yellow parking. Since I can’t get to games before 10am this means I’ll be parking 15 miles away. Not sure why this needed to change. 

3 hours ago, SAR I said:

old.jpg

plat.jpg

That's not "Grey".  That's Platinum.  Yummy.

It's a major change to those who had Yellow parking passes.  You are now lumped in with General parking, no special differentiation.  The Battle of Lot D will now commence.  More of you to urinate in the tunnel and overpass.  Enjoy.

Old map at the top, new map at the bottom.

SAR I

WTF is Lot P? Does it stand for hold your P because it's gonna be awhile before you get to a bathroom? 

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

WTF is Lot P? Does it stand for hold your P because it's gonna be awhile before you get to a bathroom? 

LOL.

Went to the epic 2015 Jets vs. Giants game, it was a Giants home game.  Got tickets on Stubhub (in my Jets section, pretty cool) but the Green premium parking prices were ridiculous, decided to take my chances on General parking.  Worst mistake in my MetLife history.  What a hike from Lot P to the Verizon Gate. 

SAR I

LOL.
Went to the epic 2015 Jets vs. Giants game, it was a Giants home game.  Got tickets on Stubhub (in my Jets section, pretty cool) but the Green premium parking prices were ridiculous, decided to take my chances on General parking.  Worst mistake in my MetLife history.  What a hike from Lot P to the Verizon Gate. 
SAR I

GOOD FOR YOU CHARLIE

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

28 minutes ago, nj meadowlands said:

MetLife Stadium is a disaster in every way imaginable.  The worst professional stadium in the NY area, bar none.

Yankee Stadium and Citifield are a mess for ingress/egress and the seats are packed together with no legroom or elbow room, so uncomfortable.  Madison Square Garden is claustrophobic, and both MSG and Prudential are nightmares to drive to.  And Barclay, forget it, worst traffic of the bunch, tight seats, claustrophobic, the works.

MetLife Stadium is the best sports venue in the area.  At the intersection of several major highways and in an underpopulated area.  Comparatively easy to get in/out of.  Not claustrophobic.  The 4 pie shaped sections keep people where they belong.  Good sightlines if you pay.  About the size of Centrylink with an upper deck bolted on.  Seats and aisles spaced appropriately.  Great food choices.  The color of a plastic seat never lost a football game.

SAR I

I mentioned this before. I am the last person to defend Sar, but you can't tell people to GFY. Not cool.
https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=GFYC
This will be the last time I mention it.

That’s certainly possible that is how you interpret it, but I’ve clearly explained that it doesn’t mean that to me. So that there isn’t any confusion, you can readily see that I have now written out my response as GOOD FOR YOU CHARLIE in order to abide by your request. Hopefully there’s nothing wrong with typing out GOOD FOR YOU CHARLIE in my posts.

• WTF? 1

Yankee Stadium and Citifield are a mess for ingress/egress and the seats are packed together with no legroom or elbow room, so uncomfortable.  Madison Square Garden is claustrophobic, and both MSG and Prudential are nightmares to drive to.  And Barclay, forget it, worst traffic of the bunch, tight seats, claustrophobic, the works.
MetLife Stadium is the best sports venue in the area.  At the intersection of several major highways and in an underpopulated area.  Comparatively easy to get in/out of.  Not claustrophobic.  The 4 pie shaped sections keep people where they belong.  Good sightlines if you pay.  About the size of Centrylink with an upper deck bolted on.  Seats and aisles spaced appropriately.  Great food choices.  The color of a plastic seat never lost a football game.
SAR I

GOOD FOR YOU CHARLIE

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Maxman said:

I mentioned this before. I am the last person to defend Sar, but you can't tell people to GFY. Not cool.

This will be the last time I mention it.

Just an FYI, I've had this guy on ignore for months so I'm not seeing any of his posts.  He's not a Jets fan, he's a Bills fan that the mods banned for bad behavior in the preseason.  If you check his IP I'm confident it will prove this out.

SAR I

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Maxman said:

We know see Sar's next 5 months of posts. A new theme has emerged.

Go long on the post count. Don't short JetNation posts. Sar has pivoted and survived after the Jets got the top coach on the market.  We now have months of parking lot posts.  Today is a good day for JetNation.  :)

Goodbye Adam hello platinum parking lot. 

4 hours ago, SAR I said:

If we get Deshaun Watson our PSL's will be worth 2x what we paid for them back in 2009.

Investment Platinum, indeed.

SAR I

for exactly 8 games until everyone wakes up and realizes Deshaun on his own will go 7-9, 8-8 .. hell maybe even 4-12 as is evidenced by last years performacne with the Texans ... who by the way had a better roster than the green and white.

Edited by Dunnie

1 hour ago, Dunnie said:

for exactly 8 games until everyone wakes up and realizes Deshaun on his own will go 7-9, 8-8 .. hell maybe even 4-12 as is evidenced by last years performacne with the Texans ... who by the way had a better roster than the green and white.

What we know is that when the Jets are playing well and competing for the playoffs they are one hot ticket in town.

Happened in 2002/3 and again in 2010/11. 

SAR I

3 hours ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

I've had tickets going back to Shea and MetLife is the worst parking situation of any stadium the Jets have called home.

Whoa there, no way.  Shea was ridiculous, took forever to get in and out of that place with the confusing satellite lots, that endless chainlink fence making you walk along a busy street under that sketchy above-ground subway track.  Horrible.  

And MetLife is better than Giants Stadium too, they tweaked the lots and access roads, it’s much cleaner now.  

SAR I

8 hours ago, Dcat said:

Newsflash: Orange tickets have parked in Yellow Lots for the last 12 years.  Only the Green were checked and often not even those.  I can't tell you how many times we just drove straight into Green..  No change.  Always dozens of orange around the cars with yellow..  Anyway, I like the quick sprint onto rte 3 West from J/K.   SO it makes zero difference.  

Do you walk out of stores without paying if the salesperson isn’t looking?

• Haha 1