Jets Parking changes Goodbye to Green,Yellow,Orange

Dcat

1 minute ago, batman10023 said:

Do you walk out of stores without paying if the salesperson isn’t looking?

The parking lot has been a fiasco for years. 

They say you cant pay at the gate no entry without a pre-paid parking pass,I know people who have handed the person in the booth a $50 dollar bill and they have been allowed in the lot numerous times. 

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

They say you cant pay at the gate no entry without a pre-paid parking pass,I know people who have handed the person in the booth a $50 dollar bill and they have been allowed in the lot numerous times. 

Meadowland security should go undercover and nail the attendants who are stealing. 

4 minutes ago, batman10023 said:

Meadowland security should go undercover and nail the attendants who are stealing. 

I'm going to report everything I've learned today about parking violations with my Jets contacts.  It's shameful and needs to stop. 

Any interest in a "No Gold In The Platinum Lot" cap or t-shirt?

SAR I

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, SAR I said:

I'm going to report everything I've learned today about parking violations with my Jets contacts.  It's shameful and needs to stop. 

Any interest in a "No Gold In The Platinum Lot" cap or t-shirt?

SAR I

If the next three people in post total approaches yours you have failed us all. 

27 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

If the next three people in post total approaches yours you have failed us all. 

Where can I see this data?  Like the full list of post totals in descending order?  When I click on the header it only shows me like the top 20.

SAR I

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

This changes nothing.  The former Green ($350 a season) is now  just grey- preferred.  The former Yellow and Orange  ($250) are merged.  All this means is more competition for fewer spots for those who do not have preferred parking.  The parking is still the same cluster &$*& it was since this awful stadium opening in 2010.  I've had tickets going back to Shea and MetLife is the worst parking situation of any stadium the Jets have called home.

I guess it depends on where you are looking to get to. I started going in 1988 and the turnkpike south is a million times easier to get to from the new stadium vs the old. From Lot F the turnpike south is very easy.

10 hours ago, shuler82 said:

I own a PSL(148)  and have yellow parking. Since I can’t get to games before 10am this means I’ll be parking 15 miles away. Not sure why this needed to change. 

Yeah it is going to be worse for people who get there closer to kickoff. By 10am I think you would still be fine though.

10 hours ago, jeremy2020 said:

WTF is Lot P? Does it stand for hold your P because it's gonna be awhile before you get to a bathroom? 

LOL - that lot is so far away. Scary.

8 hours ago, SAM SAM HE'S OUR MAN said:

Covid will change tailgating forever . And , I could care less since I gave up my seats two years ago .

Hope not. That would have a big impact on ticket sales, so I think they won't be able to get rid of tailgating without an impact on cancellations.

16 hours ago, SAR I said:

LOL.

Went to the epic 2015 Jets vs. Giants game, it was a Giants home game.  Got tickets on Stubhub (in my Jets section, pretty cool) but the Green premium parking prices were ridiculous, decided to take my chances on General parking.  Worst mistake in my MetLife history.  What a hike from Lot P to the Verizon Gate. 

SAR I

and then there was the game itself. Unforgettable horror show that it was.

12 hours ago, batman10023 said:

Do you walk out of stores without paying if the salesperson isn’t looking?

Nope. But it's fairly well known that the parking dudes  (p.s. they are not security) don't really care where you park.  Same was true in the old Giants Stadium.  Parking there became a game of mouse with no cat right around 1986.  Has never changed since.  They do not care where you park.  All they do is point to where you should turn.  They do not do anything if you ignore them.  They are NOT security.  Frankly, it is hysterical to watch.  My boys like to tailgate with neighbors in lot K.  We don't mind the walk in fact it's fun strolling thru J and G talking to all the tailgaters there.  But if its raining, we'll not turn into K and continue straight to F & G, where the parking dudes just waive you in.   :) 

8 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Oh, I am thinking of a different game.  The one with the 99 yard TD that Cromartie/Revis allowed

That was 2011.  Sanchez had us at 8-5 with 3 easy games to go against losing teams and the D blew them all.

2015 was the Fitzpatrick year of course.

SAR I

9 minutes ago, SAR I said:

That was 2011.  Sanchez had us at 8-5 with 3 easy games to go against losing teams and the D blew them all.

2015 was the Fitzpatrick year of course.

SAR I

2011?  Fck, I'm old.  Sorry...  funny how I remember that one more.  Was in one of the big suites invited by my neighbor (was his company's suite).  Sitting out on that porch and watched that f'ing 99 yard TD allowed by Cromartie and the rest. Uggh.

17 hours ago, SAR I said:

Yankee Stadium and Citifield are a mess for ingress/egress and the seats are packed together with no legroom or elbow room, so uncomfortable.  Madison Square Garden is claustrophobic, and both MSG and Prudential are nightmares to drive to.  And Barclay, forget it, worst traffic of the bunch, tight seats, claustrophobic, the works.

MetLife Stadium is the best sports venue in the area.  At the intersection of several major highways and in an underpopulated area.  Comparatively easy to get in/out of.  Not claustrophobic.  The 4 pie shaped sections keep people where they belong.  Good sightlines if you pay.  About the size of Centrylink with an upper deck bolted on.  Seats and aisles spaced appropriately.  Great food choices.  The color of a plastic seat never lost a football game.

SAR I

Yankee Stadium and Citifield are both located within New York City, have easy public transportation to and from, have charming concourses, and don't look like giant toasters.

Madison Square Garden is home to the two most wretched franchises in the city, but Madison Square Garden speaks for itself.  It is an absolutely fantastic place.

Every train line in NYC goes straight to Barclays Center, which is the most state of the art venue in New York.

For good measure, Prudential Center is similarly state of the art, and a gorgeous place to see a hockey game, and absolutely dominates MetLife.  UBS Arena I'm sure will be the same.

I am a PSL holder and have been to something like 300 Jet games in my life, and I don't feel bad about saying MetLife sucks in every measurable way. You shouldn't either.

19 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Jets fans: hey there is this great qb named Watson you should be trading for him

The Jets: let me tell you about our platinum parking spaces. They are the same as before just double the price! 

We Jets Fans Platinum don't worry about such trivialities.

SAR I

18 minutes ago, nj meadowlands said:

Yankee Stadium and Citifield are both located within New York City, have easy public transportation to and from, have charming concourses, and don't look like giant toasters.

I haven't taken public transportation to a Yankees, Rangers, or Jets game in 30 years, it's not going to happen.  After sitting in a stadium squished against people to my left and right, with someone's knees at my neck and my own knees imbedded in the plastic seat in front of me, the last thing I want to do is take public transportation.  We drive to all the games we attend.  Yankee Stadium has only a handful of close lots and they sell out very quickly.  Citifield is a maze of satellite lots and bad road signs.  Both baseball venues take forever to get out of after a game as they weren't built in the right locations.

20 minutes ago, nj meadowlands said:

Madison Square Garden is home to the two most wretched franchises in the city, but Madison Square Garden speaks for itself.  It is an absolutely fantastic place.

Same for MSG, when we go to 2-3 Rangers games per year we drive in and park over at 34th and 9th, a 10 minute walk because the close lots are a nightmare to escape after the game.  Again, taking a train with bad evening schedules at 10pm after a 3 hour game squished like a sardine is not happening.  It could take as long as 2 hours to get home.  I can drive in 30 minutes.

24 minutes ago, nj meadowlands said:

For good measure, Prudential Center is similarly state of the art, and a gorgeous place to see a hockey game, and absolutely dominates MetLife.  

Newark is not a place I like to think about let alone drive a $90,000 luxury car into.  And I've been to minor league and college arenas that look better than Prudential.

25 minutes ago, nj meadowlands said:

I am a PSL holder and have been to something like 300 Jet games in my life, and I don't feel bad about saying MetLife sucks in every measurable way. You shouldn't either.

I'm not saying MetLife is a palace, but for the NYC Metro area it is the one stadium that is convenient to park at, allows for reasonable ingress/egress, separates the fans by-gate to avoid congestion inside the building, has seats that are decently well spaced, has a great variety of concessions with small lines, has an enormous amount of restrooms to avoid queues, has great sightlines, and all the modern touches with screens, ribbon boards, clear PA, Jets Shop, etc.

And it's gobs and gobs better than Shea Stadium or Giants Stadium, the prior standards. 

SAR I

12 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

They say you cant pay at the gate no entry without a pre-paid parking pass,I know people who have  ? handed the person in the booth a $50 dollar bill and they have been allowed in the lot numerous times.  ? 

^ ^   ?  that's what my  " X "  always did  ?

16 hours ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Wasn't Green, orange, yellow the system Rex used to develop Sanchez?

If the Meadowlands parking lot dudes couldn't figure it out, then how could Sanchez?  Mark was not exactly the sharpest tool in the shed.

• Haha 2

59 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Jets fans: hey there is this great qb named Watson you should be trading for him

The Jets: let me tell you about our platinum parking spaces. They are the same as before just double the price! 

wut?  What do these two things have to do w/each other?   ??? ???

The mind is a terrible thing to waste. 

10 minutes ago, Dcat said:

wut?  What do these two things have to do w/each other?   ??? ???

The mind is a terrible thing to waste. 

The Jets are not interested in paying for Watson. They are very interested in raising revenue through parking passes 

The Jets don't trade for players. They trade away players. They don't pay 35 million dollars for a qb, they run darnold out there for 5

Everything is always about the money. 

11 minutes ago, bitonti said:

The Jets are not interested in paying for Watson. They are very interested in raising revenue through parking passes 

The Jets don't trade for players. They trade away players. They don't pay 35 million dollars for a qb, they run darnold out there for 5

Stadium/parking issues are independent of player personnel issues.  One has absolutely nothing to do with the other within the organization.  Secondly, you obviously have reading difficulty because parking prices have NOT been changed, so there is no additional revenue to be made from parking with the change.

You are so hell bent on attacking anything and everything Jets that you have become essentially useless as a poster.  Everything you post is absurdly biased. 

14 minutes ago, bitonti said:

The Jets are asking non-season ticket holders, enemy fans, and tourists to pay $5 more for a better parking spot.

It does not affect season ticket holders in any manner other than asking those not part of the Jets family to pay more so that the rest of us don't have to.

The Jets haven't raised ticket prices since 2009.  Most of us have had our ticket prices lowered since then.  What the Jets have done to the team is up for debate, but how the Jets have treated season ticket holders is not.  They have been extremely good to us.

SAR I

5 minutes ago, SAR I said:

The Jets are asking non-season ticket holders, enemy fans, and tourists to pay $5 more for a better parking spot.

It does not affect season ticket holders in any manner other than asking those not part of the Jets family to pay more so that the rest of us don't have to.

The Jets haven't raised ticket prices since 2009.  Most of us have had our ticket prices lowered since then.  What the Jets have done to the team is up for debate, but how the Jets have treated season ticket holders is not.  They have been extremely good to us.

SAR I

SAR these are parking spots

It's like an 8x12 patch of concrete in the middle of a swamp 

They should be free 

Just now, bitonti said:

It's like an 8x12 patch of concrete 

They should be free 

Tell that to a Yankee season ticket holder who has to pay $75 per game for 81 games.  That's $6,000, that's more than my 4 gameday Jets tickets cost for an entire season.

Jets parking passes are a great value.  And, for those who skip a game or two every year, we easily get 2x face value on Stubhub.  This isn't the hill to die on, Bit.

SAR I

3 minutes ago, bitonti said:

It's like an 8x12 patch of concrete in the middle of a swamp 

They should be free 

Now I know you are delusional.  Free parking?  At any USA professional sports venue?  LOLOLOLOLOL.

Just now, SAR I said:

Tell that to a Yankee season ticket holder who has to pay $75 per game for 81 games.  That's $6,000, that's more than my 4 gameday Jets tickets cost for an entire season.

Jets parking passes are a great value.  And, for those who skip a game or two every year, we easily get 2x face value on Stubhub.  This isn't the hill to die on, Bit.

SAR I

Nothing about the 2 win new york Jets is a great value 

Parking lot spaces should be included in the exorbitant ticket prices 

The Yankees can charge plenty because they have a winning tradition. 

1 minute ago, Dcat said:

Now I know you are delusional.  Free parking?  At any USA professional sports venue?  LOLOLOLOLOL.

I feel like your posts are coming from the desk of hymie elhai. You have to be the only poster in jet nation history who talks about the difference between the roster spend and the operational budget 

Share these numbers Dcat. What is the operating budget? Oh wait we don't know that. Only a Jets insider would 

2 minutes ago, bitonti said:

I feel like your posts are coming from the desk of hymie elhai. You have to be the only poster in jet nation history who talks about the difference between the roster spend and the operational budget 

Share these numbers Dcat. What is the operating budget? Oh wait we don't know that. Only a Jets insider would 

If you think for one moment that parking revenue has an impact on contract decisions, the what can anyone say?  Sympathies for the loss of all common sense. As I said, your posts have become useless.

Just now, bitonti said:

Nothing about the 2 win new york Jets is a great value 

Parking lot spaces should be included in the exorbitant ticket prices 

The Yankees can charge plenty because they have a winning tradition. 

Each NFL game has the significance of 10 MLB games or 5 NHL games.

10 Yankee games cost $1,500 per person.

5 Rangers games cost $1,000 per person.

1 Jets game costs $125 per person.

SAR I