Jump to content

Jets Parking changes Goodbye to Green,Yellow,Orange


Recommended Posts

16 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Each NFL game has the significance of 10 MLB games or 5 NHL games.

10 Yankee games cost $1,500 per person.

5 Rangers games cost $1,000 per person.

1 Jets game costs $125 per person.

SAR I

What's the price per win? 

The Jets starve the beast on the field. Yankees and rangers have won hardware since I've been alive. 

The Jets are 6th in franchise value and 31st in power rankings

In other words I don't mind paying for parking when the product is decent. At this point they need to pay me to park there. Negative interest rates 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

PSL owners  

A bunch of us were talking and we all feel that the game day experience has improved greatly since 2016. We can't figure out why though, but it is just so much more fun now lol.

Investment gold!

Posted Images

21 minutes ago, Dcat said:

If you think for one moment that parking revenue has an impact on contract decisions, the what can anyone say?  Sympathies for the loss of all common sense. As I said, your posts have become useless.

Please show us the link to the jets operation budget 

Specifically how much profit did they clear for winning 2 games? 

Sorry dude but there is a connection between the roster spend and operating budget. This team didn't get 90 million in cap space by accident 

I do not attack the Jets. I talk about how they are in real life. It's not my fault they are terrible. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, bitonti said:

What's the price per win? 

The Jets starve the beast on the field. Yankees and rangers have won hardware since I've been alive. 

The Jets are 6th in franchise value and 31st in power rankings

In other words I don't mind paying for parking when the product is decent. At this point they need to pay me to park there. Negative interest rates 

Every NFL fan knows that these things work in cycles. You’re going to be good and competitive and make the playoffs a few times in a ten-year period, and then you are going to suck for a ten-year period.  Season ticket holders have a good football time when the team is good and have a good family time when the team is bad.  That’s how it works.  

While there hasn’t been much football to be excited about, in the last ten years I’ve enjoyed my time with my wife and kids at the games.  Parking included. 

SAR I

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SAR I said:

I haven't taken public transportation to a Yankees, Rangers, or Jets game in 30 years, it's not going to happen.  After sitting in a stadium squished against people to my left and right, with someone's knees at my neck and my own knees imbedded in the plastic seat in front of me, the last thing I want to do is take public transportation.  We drive to all the games we attend.  Yankee Stadium has only a handful of close lots and they sell out very quickly.  Citifield is a maze of satellite lots and bad road signs.  Both baseball venues take forever to get out of after a game as they weren't built in the right locations.

Your memory must be starting to fade if you think the MetLife has any kind of great legroom.  I sit in the same section as you.  You're not flying first class, pal.  And I couldn't care less about your commute from Dumont, NJ to Yankee Stadium - the fact remains that these stadiums are some of the most accessible via public transportation in the entire country, and lots of people avail themselves of it.  You can probably get from midtown Manhattan to Yankee Stadium and back 3 times in the amount of time it takes to do the garbage trip from NYC to East Rutherford.  (Again, I don't care about your experience driving your 2004 5 series from Dumont or Emerson or wherever you live to the stadium -- a lot of people take public transportation, and Metlife is an absolute nightmare for it.)

 

2 hours ago, SAR I said:

Same for MSG, when we go to 2-3 Rangers games per year we drive in and park over at 34th and 9th, a 10 minute walk because the close lots are a nightmare to escape after the game.  Again, taking a train with bad evening schedules at 10pm after a 3 hour game squished like a sardine is not happening.  It could take as long as 2 hours to get home.  I can drive in 30 minutes

See above.

 

2 hours ago, SAR I said:

Newark is not a place I like to think about let alone drive a $90,000 luxury car into.  And I've been to minor league and college arenas that look better than Prudential.

Cluelessness and classlessness stuffed into two sentences.  This is perhaps your opus.   And unless some Redditors drove up the value, your 2004 used 5-series isn't fetching 90k, chief.

 

2 hours ago, SAR I said:

I'm not saying MetLife is a palace, but for the NYC Metro area it is the one stadium that is convenient to park at, allows for reasonable ingress/egress, separates the fans by-gate to avoid congestion inside the building, has seats that are decently well spaced, has a great variety of concessions with small lines, has an enormous amount of restrooms to avoid queues, has great sightlines, and all the modern touches with screens, ribbon boards, clear PA, Jets Shop, etc.

And it's gobs and gobs better than Shea Stadium or Giants Stadium, the prior standards. 

Wow "MetLife is better than Shea!" - quite an endorsement. 

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Please show us the link to the jets operation budget 

Specifically how much profit did they clear for winning 2 games? 

Sorry dude but there is a connection between the roster spend and operating budget. This team didn't get 90 million in cap space by accident 

I do not attack the Jets. I talk about how they are in real life. It's not my fault they are terrible. 

You make absurd allegations (i.e. parking revenue influences personnel decisions).  You are our very own Sydney Powell, without the spelling errors.  Please there is enough to criticize about the Jets that you don't need to concoct the science fiction.  And when you do make absurd allegations, please remember that the burden of proof is on you, not me or anyone else to prove it.   So we will reverse your request for the Jets Operation Budget to you.  Ball is in your court.  You show us Bit, how parking revenue, or any other game-day revenue generator from the stadium, affects player personnel decisions.  Waiting.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Every NFL fan knows that these things work in cycles. You’re going to be good and competitive and make the playoffs a few times in a ten-year period, and then you are going to suck for a ten-year period.  Season ticket holders have a good football time when the team is good and have a good family time when the team is bad.  That’s how it works.  

While there hasn’t been much football to be excited about, in the last ten years I’ve enjoyed my time with my wife and kids at the games.  Parking included. 

SAR I

Been to Giants stadium 5 times never seen them win. Been to MetLife 4 times never seen them win. Saw them 3 times at Fed Ex seen them win once. Seen them 4 times at MT&T bank stadium never saw them win. Every one of those games I had a great time with family and friends. Last time at MetLife got to meet Max and the group it was awesome. Though terribly windy. Jets just hate me. 

  • Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Been to Giants stadium 5 times never seen them win. Been to MetLife 4 times never seen them win. Saw them 3 times at Fed Ex seen them win once. Seen them 4 times at MT&T bank stadium never saw them win. Every one of those games I had a great time with family and friends. Last time at MetLife got to meet Max and the group it was awesome. Though terribly windy. Jets just hate me. 

Maybe you should share your food with them next time.  Think of something, man b/c you've got to stop this pattern.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Dcat said:

Nope. But it's fairly well known that the parking dudes  (p.s. they are not security) don't really care where you park.  Same was true in the old Giants Stadium.  Parking there became a game of mouse with no cat right around 1986.  Has never changed since.  They do not care where you park.  All they do is point to where you should turn.  They do not do anything if you ignore them.  They are NOT security.  Frankly, it is hysterical to watch.  My boys like to tailgate with neighbors in lot K.  We don't mind the walk in fact it's fun strolling thru J and G talking to all the tailgaters there.  But if its raining, we'll not turn into K and continue straight to F & G, where the parking dudes just waive you in.   :) 

the lack of enforcement degrades the value of the green (platinum) pass and the club/coaches seats.  and you see people leaving those seats.   If the Jets don't value it (enforcing) why should customers who pay for it.

but your point was folks bribing and/or not paying for parking.   that's worse than going to the illegal lot.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Been to Giants stadium 5 times never seen them win. Been to MetLife 4 times never seen them win. Saw them 3 times at Fed Ex seen them win once. Seen them 4 times at MT&T bank stadium never saw them win. Every one of those games I had a great time with family and friends. Last time at MetLife got to meet Max and the group it was awesome. Though terribly windy. Jets just hate me. 

we could have used you for 2 games this year.

  • Post of the Week 2
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Dcat said:

You make absurd allegations (i.e. parking revenue influences personnel decisions).  You are our very own Sydney Powell, without the spelling errors.  Please there is enough to criticize about the Jets that you don't need to concoct the science fiction.  And when you do make absurd allegations, please remember that the burden of proof is on you, not me or anyone else to prove it.   So we will reverse your request for the Jets Operation Budget to you.  Ball is in your court.  You show us Bit, how parking revenue, or any other game-day revenue generator from the stadium, affects player personnel decisions.  Waiting.

you will keep waiting.  i posted the cash costs from 2016-2019 and the Jets were not in the bottom 20%.

he has a major gripe against woody and it clouds his judgement in my opinion.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bitonti said:

Please show us the link to the jets operation budget 

Specifically how much profit did they clear for winning 2 games? 

Sorry dude but there is a connection between the roster spend and operating budget. This team didn't get 90 million in cap space by accident 

I do not attack the Jets. I talk about how they are in real life. It's not my fault they are terrible. 

you are full of dog poo

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/nfl-insider-notes-cowboys-have-spent-the-least-on-payroll-since-2016-why-cash-trumps-cap-new-cba-and-more/

 

  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, batman10023 said:

the lack of enforcement degrades the value of the green (platinum) pass and the club/coaches seats.  and you see people leaving those seats.   If the Jets don't value it (enforcing) why should customers who pay for it.

but your point was folks bribing and/or not paying for parking.   that's worse than going to the illegal lot.

Actually, there has been a cash-at-parking-gate allowance for many years.  He wasn't talking about bribes at the gate, but rather legit purchases. I saw someone posted it here that it was $50.  It began at $40 at least 10 years ago and may have increased.  It was a MetLife policy for both Jets and Giants although unpublicized.  Not sure if every gate/booth allowed it. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, batman10023 said:

you will keep waiting.  i posted the cash costs from 2016-2019 and the Jets were not in the bottom 20%.

he has a major gripe against woody and it clouds his judgement in my opinion.

The Jets were in the bottom 30 percent gee you did it budd 

Hey if I told you this restaurant was in the bottom 30 percent of health inspections, would you eat there? 

That article does not include the 2020 season, the cheapest one for decades. It's a 10 month old article. I did respond to the other post by the way, and I interpreted your silence for defeat 

Yes my gripe against woody is he starves the beast. He has no interest in winning and uses the team like his personal piggy bank 

Don't believe me? They are announcing parking pass changes when they should be announcing the Watson trade 

That's their priority. Selling product. Not product quality. 

Keep refreshing max site there is not going to be a Watson trade because we can't have nice things 

 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Been to Giants stadium 5 times never seen them win. Been to MetLife 4 times never seen them win. Saw them 3 times at Fed Ex seen them win once. Seen them 4 times at MT&T bank stadium never saw them win. Every one of those games I had a great time with family and friends. Last time at MetLife got to meet Max and the group it was awesome. Though terribly windy. Jets just hate me. 

I think they hate us all!

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, nj meadowlands said:

You're not flying first class, pal.  And I couldn't care less about your commute from Dumont, NJ to Yankee Stadium - the fact remains that these stadiums are some of the most accessible via public transportation

Less than 10% of all MetLife Stadium visitors use public transportation.  At least this explains your dislike; if its not bus friendly or train friendly, you're out.  Understand that 90% of us are fine with the automobile experience and find the parking and access outstanding compared to MSG, Prudential, Yankee Stadium, and Citifield which are located either in midtown or slums.

2 hours ago, nj meadowlands said:

Cluelessness and classlessness stuffed into two sentences.  This is perhaps your opus.   And unless some Redditors drove up the value, your 2004 used 5-series isn't fetching 90k, chief.

2020 7 Series.  And I don't like driving it in Newark.  And I don't take public transportation to sporting events.

2 hours ago, nj meadowlands said:

Wow "MetLife is better than Shea!" - quite an endorsement. 

MetLife is the second-best stadium in the NFL.  Our attendance proves this out.  If the stadium were as bad as you make it out to be the place would be a ghost town, especially in light of the Jets having a losing record for the better part of a decade.

SAR I

Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, bitonti said:

The Jets were in the bottom 30 percent gee you did it budd 

Hey if I told you this restaurant was in the bottom 30 percent of health inspections, would you eat there? 

That article does not include the 2020 season, the cheapest one for decades. It's a 10 month old article. I did respond to the other post by the way, and I interpreted your silence for defeat 

Yes my gripe against woody is he starves the beast. He has no interest in winning and uses the team like his personal piggy bank 

Don't believe me? They are announcing parking pass changes when they should be announcing the Watson trade 

That's their priority. Selling product. Not product quality. 

Keep refreshing max site there is not going to be a Watson trade because we can't have nice things 

 

What are you talking about?

The Jets are paying at several ex-head coaches and coordinators tens of millions of dollars because fans like you complain and want them changed out.  The Jets have the best training facilities in the NFL.  The Jets spare no expense on player safety, player comfort, relocation packages, facilities, training, staff, or all of the other non-cap aspects of team ownership.

Like every other NFL team, they get 1/32nd of the cap and 1/32nd of the revenue.  They make mistakes in hiring and drafting.  They aren't cheap in any sense of the word.  If they were, our ticket prices would be 18% higher (inflation since 2010), we would still have Todd Bowles as our head coach (contract just expired), and still have Mike Macagnan as our GM (years to go on his contract).  You are way out of line on our ownership.

SAR I

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Parking fees are the least of our worries. 

Im more concerned about winning football games. 

agreed !  😎

 

p.s. hey guys !,.. hand the parking att. a $50 and YOU're in  😉

 

cheers ~ ~ 

:beer:

Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, SAR I said:

The Jets are paying at several ex-head coaches and coordinators tens of millions of dollars because fans like you complain and want them changed out. 

Or because they made cheap hires in the first place

The Jets have the best training facilities in the NFL. 

Debatable

The Jets spare no expense on player safety, player comfort, relocation packages, facilities, training, staff, or all of the other non-cap aspects of team ownership.

Highly Debatable. Ask Kelechi Osemele about the doctors

Like every other NFL team, they get 1/32nd of the cap and 1/32nd of the revenue.  

And yet, unlike every other NFL team, they have 90 million of open cap next year

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, bitonti said:

 

The cap situation isn't because of cheapness.  It's because we have a GM who wants to tear it down and rebuild it the right way.  Combined with some players he probably wanted and said no.  He decided not to take a bad player.  He decided not to settle.

The Johnson's are good owners.  You are a bad fan.

SAR I

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, bitonti said:

The Jets were in the bottom 30 percent gee you did it budd 

Hey if I told you this restaurant was in the bottom 30 percent of health inspections, would you eat there? 

That article does not include the 2020 season, the cheapest one for decades. It's a 10 month old article. I did respond to the other post by the way, and I interpreted your silence for defeat 

Yes my gripe against woody is he starves the beast. He has no interest in winning and uses the team like his personal piggy bank 

Don't believe me? They are announcing parking pass changes when they should be announcing the Watson trade 

That's their priority. Selling product. Not product quality. 

Keep refreshing max site there is not going to be a Watson trade because we can't have nice things 

 

Watson straight up for the Platinum parking? Too steep. 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, bitonti said:

The Jets are not interested in paying for Watson. They are very interested in raising revenue through parking passes 

The Jets don't trade for players. They trade away players. They don't pay 35 million dollars for a qb, they run darnold out there for 5

Everything is always about the money. 

 

when was the last time they raised parking fees at the stadium?

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, bitonti said:

The Jets were in the bottom 30 percent gee you did it budd 

Hey if I told you this restaurant was in the bottom 30 percent of health inspections, would you eat there? 

That article does not include the 2020 season, the cheapest one for decades. It's a 10 month old article. I did respond to the other post by the way, and I interpreted your silence for defeat 

Yes my gripe against woody is he starves the beast. He has no interest in winning and uses the team like his personal piggy bank 

Don't believe me? They are announcing parking pass changes when they should be announcing the Watson trade 

That's their priority. Selling product. Not product quality. 

Keep refreshing max site there is not going to be a Watson trade because we can't have nice things 

 

no i didn't say where they were in the list. the article says they weren't in the bottom 20% nor in the top 15%.  so somewhere in the middle.

nobody is asking you to eat at this restaurant.  frankly many would like you to leave the restaurant because you are a debbie downer when eating at a restaurant is suppose to be entertainment.

sorry, i have a job that sometimes gets busy so i missed your other post.  and i spent yesterday playing in the snow.

is parking pass change have anything to do with Watson? like at all?

Woody is wealthy and can't spend his money even without the profits from the Jets.  what purchases has he made in the last 10 years that you can say raided the piggy bank?

you can't force product quality - this isn't the MLB.  you have to draft folks.  

and finally are you in business?   because starving the beast is pretty much the dumbest business decision in a wealthy market like NY.  He's not looking at it like a year to year thing. He's looking long term.

You really should root for another team.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, batman10023 said:

the poster keeps pushing a narrative thinking that it becomes true if he repeats it enough.

It’s pretty crazy.   We’ve been cooped up for 11 months, but still...

SAR I

Link to post
Share on other sites

The Meadowlands are right on the i95 Corridor.  It’s a drive in stadium.  They made a half assed attempt at public transportation.  Just doesn’t work.   One can argue it’s easier to get to from parts of New England and the Philly area than it is from some parts of the NY Metro area. The stadium itself is a POS compared to the others I’ve been in.  Still think the old GS was a better venue from the fan standpoint.  
 

Devils moving to Newark was dumb.  Jersey is a driving state.  Driving to that place is horrible.  Should have stayed in the meadowlands.
 

MSG is great with it being in Penn Station.  The venue itself is a bit overrated.

Yankee Stadium is great if you live in Manhattan.  Venue itself is solid.  Citifield another solid venue.  NY got the baseball stadiums right.  Just getting to Flushing sucks from anywhere.

The Coliseum is a dump, but is the best venue in the area from a fan view standpoint.  Every seat in that place is pretty damn good, very intimate.  Moving over by Belmont  is a mistake IMO.  You can add an hour easy with traffic.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, SAR I said:

Less than 10% of all MetLife Stadium visitors use public transportation.  At least this explains your dislike; if its not bus friendly or train friendly, you're out.  Understand that 90% of us are fine with the automobile experience and find the parking and access outstanding compared to MSG, Prudential, Yankee Stadium, and Citifield which are located either in midtown or slums.

2020 7 Series.  And I don't like driving it in Newark.  And I don't take public transportation to sporting events.

MetLife is the second-best stadium in the NFL.  Our attendance proves this out.  If the stadium were as bad as you make it out to be the place would be a ghost town, especially in light of the Jets having a losing record for the better part of a decade.

SAR I

Met life is the second best stadium in the NFL - Its so odd that you still do this over ten years later.

https://www.therams.com/photos/photos-new-la-stadium#28482193-e4b4-4702-9033-3fa928b3497a

https://www.stadiumsofprofootball.com/stadiums/us-bank-stadium/

Imagine thinking a concrete colored structure with no discernable character is anywhere near what NFL teams create.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, bitonti said:

Jets fans: hey there is this great qb named Watson you should be trading for him

The Jets: let me tell you about our platinum parking spaces. They are the same as before just double the price! 

 

I don't think that parking prices changed. The platinum lot is the same price, I can confirm that.

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, SAR I said:

I'm going to report everything I've learned today about parking violations with my Jets contacts.  It's shameful and needs to stop. 

Any interest in a "No Gold In The Platinum Lot" cap or t-shirt?

SAR I

So I know this was a joke, but if I find out people are calling the Jets telling them to scrutinize the JetNation forums more closely, that poster would probably have a hard time logging in.

The last thing any of us need is the Jets spending MORE time in the forums. They spend plenty of time already.

  • Post of the Week 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...