Jets Parking changes Goodbye to Green,Yellow,Orange

Dcat

9 hours ago, Maxman said:

The platinum lots will 100% fill. The green lots the last few years got busier, I think they changed the requirements and let more and more season ticket holders in there. I suspect the same thing will happen this year.  Get there early.

There's the thing.  Arrive early no matter which lot you plan to park in.  If you arrive late, you may get closed out of the lot where you want to park and get sent over to Siberia (Lot P) behind the racetrack.

• Upvote 1

56 minutes ago, Dcat said:

You just don't stop with the lies.  No team spends exactly to cap limit. I showed you that in another post.  Almost all teams are between $9 million to $35 million under the cap... not just the Jets, but of course Bit, you totally ignore facts.  Finally, for some reason you missed the news a few years ago that a sizable portion if a year's unused cap rolls over.

Really.  You are spewing misinformation and making sht up (like the other day you claimed the Jets were $50-60 million under cap, and in this post you claim 90 million).  Both are lies. Just stop already w/ these false statements.  

The saints are not under the cap. The bucs loaded up for bear. The chiefs gave Mahomes half a billion. Many teams spend over the cap. The jets barely spend the floor. The were in fact 50 million below roster spend (actual cash spent on 2020 positions) and they are currently 90 million under the cap. These are facts. 

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

And I've put up, repeatedly the list of the bottom spenders in the NFL the last 5 or so years and the Jets arent on it.  But you keep whining the same whine no matter how many times it proves you wrong.  

NFL insider notes: Cowboys have spent the least on payroll since 2016

OK, are you ready? Here are the actual bottom spenders, culled from NFLPA salary numbers, over that span (rounded to the nearest thousand).

Cowboys: $634,379,000

Texans: $646,479,000

Bills: $648,442,000

Colts$654,999,000

Chargers: $658,299,000

Ravens: $678,220,000

Browns$687,708,000

That is your bottom 20+ percent in spending in the league in that time frame.  The average NFL team spent $703 million on payroll in that span

You went off that the Jets wouldnt spend what it would cost to bring in a top assistant, we got the best one out there, the one in the highest demand and gave him 5 years.  As we spent more than the normal rate for a top GM candidate when we brought JD in.  Not only per year but gave him a 6 year deal.  You talk about the Johnsons not paying for big ticket FAs ignoring the fact that've just come off making Bell the highest paid RB and CJ Mosley the highest paid LB.  Forget Trumain Johnson etc, etc

These numbers are from before the 2 win 2020 season. The cheapest Jets season possibly in team history 

The Jets don't try and posts from Dcat aka hymies intern does not prove Jack squat 

How about they win a damn game. 

9 hours ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

Go back and read my post again. I never said I couldn't pay for Club PSLs. I said I wouldn't pay. Big difference. And I am not the one who constantly mentions the price of his car.  

I didn't have the best seats. I had good seats.  And I bought tickets in 1980 when the Jets were terrible and seats were available. And I paid for those seats for 30 years and I paid the price the Jets charged, plus parking and concessions.  I was and am loyal. In all my years of owning tickets, I never sold my seats, rarely missed a game, never ever failed to be in my seat before kickoff, never left early, never caused trouble, and parked myself in my seat and watched and cheered for every play.  I rarely missed a play, let alone a game.  My reward for loyalty and for giving the Jets a lot of money over the years was to build this awful monstrosity that doesn't reward fans who want to watch the game, but caters to people who want to eat food and watch games on TV in lounges on leather couches while they sip drinks and eat carving meats. 

That is not what attending a game is about.  It pains me to look down at the club seats and see them empty at kickoff while the shi shi fans in their Ralph Lauren shirts eat in the lounge, and then see them empty out again in the middle of the 2nd quarter for halftime drinking and eating only to remain empty well into the 3rd quarter and then empty out again in the early 4thquarter so the shi shi fans can get in their expensive cars and beat the traffic home.  

The market shows that the Jets overpriced the seats at MetLife.  PSLs have not increased in value , but are virtually worthless and many were just abandoned. The Jets are selling some PSL seats without the PSL price. And when you can find Jets tickets on stub hub every week for 20% of face - no matter if the Jets are competitive (2010, 2015) or not, the tickets are ridiculously overpriced.

The crowds at Shea and Giants Stadium were so much louder and into the game than the MetLife crowds.  The Jets have a rabid fan base, but those fans are home now, watching the games on big screen TVs that cost less than single game tickets for 4 people.  

I love going to games as much as any experience I have had, but it is just not worth the money to pay for sideline club seats with PSLs.  Enjoy the games with your shi shi friends and stub hub customer opposing fans.  

Many Jets fans have also moved out of the area I'd gather. Older fans retire and leave that area. Younger fans arent as into being a fan as they were 20 years ago, especially in NY. The demographics of people who attend games have gradually changed. The atmosphere at Metlife is certainly bad. The opening night against Baltimore back in 2010 it was electric and then it's faded into the enthusiasm of a wet fart.

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, bitonti said:

The saints are not under the cap. The bucs loaded up for bear. The chiefs gave Mahomes half a billion. Many teams spend over the cap. The jets barely spend the floor. The were in fact 50 million below roster spend (actual cash spent on 2020 positions) and they are currently 90 million under the cap. These are facts. 

I am shocked at your lack of knowledge on the cap.  Many teams spend over the cap?  Wrong.  All teams must be under the cap by the beginning of the league year.  Some find CBA legal loopholes to cleverly squeeze in a few more $$, but outside of that, I showed you the list:  EVERY team is under the cap. Between $9 million and $36 million under and for most, the unused rolls over.

You need to stop the bullsht.  It is ridiculous and the lies about spending you spread around (yes, LIES) are getting tiring.  You are Sidney Powell of JN.  Embarrassing.

• Thumb Down 1

2 minutes ago, Dcat said:

I am shocked at your lack of knowledge on the cap.  Many teams spend over the cap?  Wrong.  All teams must be under the cap by the beginning of the league year.  Some find CBA legal loopholes to cleverly squeeze in a few more $$, but outside of that, I showed you the list:  EVERY team is under the cap. Between $9 million and $36 million under and for most, the unused rolls over.

You need to stop the bullsht.  It is ridiculous and the lies about spending you spread around (yes, LIES) are getting tiring.  You are Sidney Powell of JN.  Embarrassing.

The saints are currently 68 million dollars over the cap because of their efforts trying to win in 2020 

Explain how they are under the cap please 

"Saints set to enter salary cap crisis in 2021 and several cap experts are unsure how they'll escape it"

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/saints-set-to-enter-salary-cap-crisis-in-2021-and-several-cap-experts-are-unsure-how-theyll-escape-it/amp/

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Many Jets fans have also moved out of the area I'd gather. Older fans retire and leave that area. Younger fans arent as into being a fan as they were 20 years ago, especially in NY. The demographics of people who attend games have gradually changed. The atmosphere at Metlife is certainly bad. The opening night against Baltimore back in 2010 it was electric and then it's faded into the enthusiasm of a wet fart.

Losing every home game is the biggest factor.

If the Jets are good, this problem 98% solves itself.

• Post of the Week 1

33 minutes ago, bitonti said:

giphy.gif

4 minutes ago, bitonti said:

The saints are currently 68 million dollars over the cap because of their efforts trying to win in 2020 

Explain how they are under the cap please 

"Saints set to enter salary cap crisis in 2021 and several cap experts are unsure how they'll escape it"

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/saints-set-to-enter-salary-cap-crisis-in-2021-and-several-cap-experts-are-unsure-how-theyll-escape-it/amp/

Dearest Sidney, all teams must be at or under the cap by the start of the league year in March.  What they are today is irrelevant.  No team will be over the cap at the start of the league year. Period.  I am shocked that you have no knowledge of how it works.  Really, just shut up already.  Sorry to say it, but for God's sake stop all the B.S.  It is tiring. 

2 hours ago, Matt39 said:

Not at all. Just seems to be an uptick in finger wagging towards fans who dare criticize a 2 win team.

Well that would be from me, since I control that process. People rooting against the Jets and ganging up on others who feel good is the only thing we worked to correct this offseason. We are a Jets site, people are allowed to root for the team here.  

As far us the shill comment, I couldn't disagree more. I think our latest YouTube more than proves you wrong as well.

9 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Dearest Sidney, all teams must be at or under the cap by the start of the league year in March.  What they are today is irrelevant.  No team will be over the cap at the start of the league year. Period.  I am shocked that you have no knowledge of how it works.  Really, just shut up already.  Sorry to say it, but for God's sake stop all the B.S.  It is tiring. 

You just said every team is under the cap 

Maury proved that to be a lie

Stop telling people to shut up its rude af 

16 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Well that would be from me, since I control that process. People rooting against the Jets and ganging up on others who feel good is the only thing we worked to correct this offseason. We are a Jets site, people are allowed to root for the team here.  

As far us the shill comment, I couldn't disagree more. I think our latest YouTube more than proves you wrong as well.

Max right now there's a dude in this thread telling me to shut up and stop the bull sh*t 

He's been personally attacking me the whole time. 

If Dcat is allowed to sh*t all over people in the name of supporting the Jets it's going to be a long year 

I'm just as much a fan as the Homers. I don't deserve to be told to shut up. This is a place for discussion and debate. It feels like that's going away. 

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

some good points !  ?.. most ( Not ALL of the issueS ) can be solved/fixed by  winning games/making the playoffs  ?

10 hours ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

Go back and read my post again. I never said I couldn't pay for Club PSLs. I said I wouldn't pay.

Same thing.  If your view meant that much to you, you'd have spent the money.  Thousands of others did.  The people who got your seats did.  And they aren't big corporations.  They're just more passionate.  And, perhaps, they realized that the Jets did them a huge solid for 30 years and gave them the best gift ever-  great seats priced at 1/4 of their actual value.  It's called "paying it back".  Instead, you say they're ripping you off.  Incredible.

My reward for loyalty and for giving the Jets a lot of money over the years was to build this awful monstrosity that doesn't reward fans who want to watch the game, but caters to people who want to eat food and watch games on TV in lounges on leather couches while they sip drinks and eat carving meats. 

For decades, the Jets gave you $500 seats for $125.  Take some of that money and put it back into the team.  That's what the people who are sitting in your seats since 2010 have done. 

It pains me to look down at the club seats and see them empty at kickoff while the shi shi fans in their Ralph Lauren shirts eat in the lounge, and then see them empty out again in the middle of the 2nd quarter for halftime drinking and eating only to remain empty well into the 3rd quarter and then empty out again in the early 4thquarter so the shi shi fans can get in their expensive cars and beat the traffic home.  

You are the typical faux Jets fan.  Mr. Shea Diehard who sat in a club location for 30 years and thinks he's better than the guy who actually can afford it.  The guy and his wife who sit next to me in the mezzanine are just like you.  They refused to pay for what they had and now sit next to me.  They don't cheer.  They are too drunk to even notice the game.  They stroll in halfway through the 1st quarter stinking of cheap beer.  They get up 10 minutes after they arrive to take a piss and buy more beer.  Just as they are sobering up, it's the start of the 4th quarter and they leave, like clockwork, every time.  "We've been fans since Shea!" they say.  When they can actually speak.

The market shows that the Jets overpriced the seats at MetLife.  PSLs have not increased in value , but are virtually worthless and many were just abandoned. The Jets are selling some PSL seats without the PSL price. And when you can find Jets tickets on stub hub every week for 20% of face - no matter if the Jets are competitive (2010, 2015) or not, the tickets are ridiculously overpriced.

I couldn't care less about the value of my PSL's.  They served their one and only purpose-  to get grumpy old season ticket holders since Shea to give up their first row seats so that I could get them.  All those years suffering on the waitlist while they received an absolute gift from the Jets.  The best $16,000 I ever spent, I'd do it again right now if I had to.  Bought my way in.  The way it should be.

As for ticket prices, please, the Jets haven't raised them since April 2009.  If you look at inflation, if you look at the dramatic increase in prices from 2001 to 2009 (funny no one talks about that), if you look at what the Jets should have done, I expected my $125 seats to have gone up to $175 by now.  And they didn't.  And that savings of $20,000?  That paid off my PSL in full.  Turns out, it wasn't a money grab.  It was just a pre-payment on a ticket price increase that never came.

The crowds at Shea and Giants Stadium were so much louder and into the game than the MetLife crowds.  The Jets have a rabid fan base, but those fans are home now, watching the games on big screen TVs that cost less than single game tickets for 4 people.  

That's another fallacy, this "loud fan" theory.  This year's games with 1/5 of the fans in the stadiums that have them, there is the same amount of noise as when they are full.  Kansas City and Buffalo, a tiny amount of fans caused enough noise to disrupt the offense and cause timouts and delay of game penalties.  Proof-positive that less than 25% of the fans ever make any noise, including the "old days".

I love going to games as much as any experience I have had, but it is just not worth the money to pay for sideline club seats with PSLs.

Then stop complaining.  You never offered the Jets to pay 4x for your Giants Stadium seats so don't whine about it when they price your seats appropriately.

Enjoy the games with your shi shi friends and stub hub customer opposing fans.  

I don't sit in a club section, but I am arm's length from it.  And they make a ton of noise and they fill the seats and they are great fans.  The Jets are just more important to them then they are to you.  They show a reciprocal loyalty that you refuse to.

SAR I

2 minutes ago, Waka Flocka Flacco said:

That's funny. 2-14 is funny.

I legit want to see a qb competition 

How come every position requires competition but qb gets coronated

Let darnold Morgan and let's say nick Mullins compete for the job. May the best player win.

Morgan and darnold are both 23 and the team roster is trash. I don't see how a 21 year old does better in the near term 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Max right now there's a dude in this thread telling me to shut up and stop the bull sh*t 

If Dcat is allowed to sh*t all over people in the name of supporting the Jets it's going to be a long year 

I'm just as much a fan as the Homers. I don't deserve to be told to shut up. This is a place for discussion and debate. It feels like that's going away. 

if i may,..

just-ignore-her.png / HIM    ?

cheers ~ ~ 

:beer:

29 minutes ago, bitonti said:

You just said every team is under the cap 

Maury proved that to be a lie

Stop telling people to shut up its rude af 

Geez, Bit, you are being dense here.  I never said every team is currently under the cap.  The CBA requires them all to be under the cap on the 1st Day of the league year. This happens every freaking year and you know that.  Some teams are under ans some are over the cap right now.  But by the March beginning of the new league year, all 32 teams will be required to not exceed the 2021 cap.

So Bit, the Saints are at this present moment is not relevant.  They have until the 1st day of the new league year to get under the cap.  Same for all teams.  

28 minutes ago, SAR I said:

I don't sit in a club section, but I am arm's length from it.  And they make a ton of noise and they fill the seats 

SAR I

Club sections NEVER fill the seats.  Ever. In fact, the largest areas of desolation are in the Club seats.  50% or more of the sidelines Mezz Clubs is always empty.  

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, bitonti said:

These numbers are from before the 2 win 2020 season. The cheapest Jets season possibly in team history 

The Jets don't try and posts from Dcat aka hymies intern does not prove Jack squat 

How about they win a damn game. 

No kidding.  And we all know that JD has been striping the team down, creating space since he took over to rebuild from the bottom up.  That’s one and a half years, it’s not an agenda by the Johnsons to pad their pockets or whatever point you keep trying to make.  Doesn’t even take into account t the money they spent on buying the team, building their practice facilities, the stadium and your failed comments about paying their HC & GM  
You need to try a different theory, this one falls flat on its face no matter how many of us you downvote when we throw those annoying facts in the way of your lies

40 minutes ago, bitonti said:

@Dcat Bitonti is right. We can't talk to each other this way.  Just put someone on Ignore if needed.

You said:

Really, just shut up already

13 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Club sections NEVER fill the seats.  Ever. In fact, the largest areas of desolation are in the Club seats.  50% or more of the sidelines Mezz Clubs is always empty.  

I'm just saying the fans that are there are making a ton of noise, are wearing team colors, and are passionate.  This misconception that they are pinkie-in-the-air types in fur coats is all wrong.

I myself would have bought Mezzanine Clubs but in the end the only benefit was food and drink.  And I don't go to the game for drinking or food.  So I didn't need to pay for a carpeted food court.  And my wife and kids are troopers, they don't need to sit in a warm spot during the game, we are avid skiers and we've seen what real cold means.

SAR I

2 hours ago, bitonti said:

The Jets have a qb his name is James Morgan and he's the real captain 

if i may say, imho,.. we should have picked either gabriel davis or L'jarius snead or darnell mooney or michael onwenu or donovan peoples-jones  instead of  james morgan   ?

1 hour ago, Waka Flocka Flacco said:

Is this a thing? To me the feelgoods are the ones who seem to want the Jets to lose.

This place made a lot more sense to me the day I realized that the Real Fans are the ones who stand up and cheer when the Jets do things like draft Hackenberg or hire Adam Gase, and the Fake Fans are the ones who are upset when they do said things

• Upvote 3

8 hours ago, SAR I said:

I'm just saying the fans that are there are making a ton of noise, are wearing team colors, and are passionate.  This misconception that they are pinkie-in-the-air types in fur coats is all wrong.

I myself would have bought Mezzanine Clubs but in the end the only benefit was food and drink.  And I don't go to the game for drinking or food.  So I didn't need to pay for a carpeted food court.  And my wife and kids are troopers, they don't need to sit in a warm spot during the game, we are avid skiers and we've seen what real cold means.

SAR I

the food in the mezz club sucks for the price anyway.  There's no view of the game like there was supposed to be in the original drawings of what they were supposed to be.  End result wasn't even close.