Jump to content

Jets Parking changes Goodbye to Green,Yellow,Orange


Recommended Posts

8 hours ago, Maxman said:

@Dcat Bitonti is right. We can't talk to each other this way.  Just put someone on Ignore if needed.

You said:

 Really, just shut up already

 

 

Tell him to stop with the misinformation.  I'll be more polite in my retorts next time, for sure and you are right about that.  But as for his posting flat out lies... nope... not going to let it go.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

PSL owners  

A bunch of us were talking and we all feel that the game day experience has improved greatly since 2016. We can't figure out why though, but it is just so much more fun now lol.

Investment gold!

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, Dcat said:

the food in the mezz club sucks for the price anyway.  There's no view of the game like there was supposed to be in the original drawings of what they were supposed to be.  End result wasn't even close. 

Yeah, if you remember I broke that news on JI after my stadium construction tour.  Really a missed opportunity and a brochure misrepresentation.  

SAR I

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Dcat said:

Geez, Bit, you are being dense here.  I never said every team is currently under the cap.  The CBA requires them all to be under the cap on the 1st Day of the league year. This happens every freaking year and you know that.  Some teams are under ans some are over the cap right now.  But by the March beginning of the new league year, all 32 teams will be required to not exceed the 2021 cap.

So Bit, the Saints are at this present moment is not relevant.  They have until the 1st day of the new league year to get under the cap.  Same for all teams.  

 

Not only do teams have to be under the cap, but the issue that actually is a (small) concern for Woody is that teams have to escrow all player and coaches salaries in cash by the start of the season.  Thats around $190 million depending on coaches salaries.

Now, if you are Paul Allen, thats not a problem, you actually made money.  Woody bought the Jets for $800 million and now they are "worth" $2 Billion, but woody has to put the Jets up as collateral to borrow cash every year simply because he never actually made that much cash to be able to fork over $190 million into an account to sit there all year.   Im sure its not hard for him to get the banking to do that, since is essentially a risk free loan for the lender, but no one truly knows what Woody actually has in cash. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Dcat said:

the food in the mezz club sucks for the price anyway.  There's no view of the game like there was supposed to be in the original drawings of what they were supposed to be.  End result wasn't even close. 

Mezzanine level food is the best. You get what you pay for. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Dcat said:

Tell him to stop with the misinformation.  I'll be more polite in my retorts next time, for sure and you are right about that.  But as for his posting flat out lies... nope... not going to let it go.

So here is the deal, I went out of my way to be nice and not get in the middle of this. You are both adults you two work it out.

My point remains, just talk to each other nice or use ignore.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/4/2021 at 10:19 AM, SAR I said:

Same thing.  If your view meant that much to you, you'd have spent the money.  Thousands of others did.  The people who got your seats did.  And they aren't big corporations.  They're just more passionate.  And, perhaps, they realized that the Jets did them a huge solid for 30 years and gave them the best gift ever-  great seats priced at 1/4 of their actual value.  It's called "paying it back".  Instead, you say they're ripping you off.  Incredible.

For decades, the Jets gave you $500 seats for $125.  Take some of that money and put it back into the team.  That's what the people who are sitting in your seats since 2010 have done. 

You are the typical faux Jets fan.  Mr. Shea Diehard who sat in a club location for 30 years and thinks he's better than the guy who actually can afford it.  The guy and his wife who sit next to me in the mezzanine are just like you.  They refused to pay for what they had and now sit next to me.  They don't cheer.  They are too drunk to even notice the game.  They stroll in halfway through the 1st quarter stinking of cheap beer.  They get up 10 minutes after they arrive to take a piss and buy more beer.  Just as they are sobering up, it's the start of the 4th quarter and they leave, like clockwork, every time.  "We've been fans since Shea!" they say.  When they can actually speak.

I couldn't care less about the value of my PSL's.  They served their one and only purpose-  to get grumpy old season ticket holders since Shea to give up their first row seats so that I could get them.  All those years suffering on the waitlist while they received an absolute gift from the Jets.  The best $16,000 I ever spent, I'd do it again right now if I had to.  Bought my way in.  The way it should be.

As for ticket prices, please, the Jets haven't raised them since April 2009.  If you look at inflation, if you look at the dramatic increase in prices from 2001 to 2009 (funny no one talks about that), if you look at what the Jets should have done, I expected my $125 seats to have gone up to $175 by now.  And they didn't.  And that savings of $20,000?  That paid off my PSL in full.  Turns out, it wasn't a money grab.  It was just a pre-payment on a ticket price increase that never came.

That's another fallacy, this "loud fan" theory.  This year's games with 1/5 of the fans in the stadiums that have them, there is the same amount of noise as when they are full.  Kansas City and Buffalo, a tiny amount of fans caused enough noise to disrupt the offense and cause timouts and delay of game penalties.  Proof-positive that less than 25% of the fans ever make any noise, including the "old days".

Then stop complaining.  You never offered the Jets to pay 4x for your Giants Stadium seats so don't whine about it when they price your seats appropriately.

I don't sit in a club section, but I am arm's length from it.  And they make a ton of noise and they fill the seats and they are great fans.  The Jets are just more important to them then they are to you.  They show a reciprocal loyalty that you refuse to.

SAR I

anigif_enhanced-935-1423751004-23.gif

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, SAR I said:

This is the first Super Bowl in 30 years that I'm not having a drop of alcohol.

I'm high on Platinum.

SAR I

giphy.gif

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/3/2021 at 10:37 PM, SAR I said:

* *   In my mezzanine PSL section I sit next to the same fans for the last 10 years, there is no revolving door.  You get what you pay for.  Finally.  As it should be.

SAR I

* *   i'll always be there for..

4321a0c415923242b1014da607e23a9c_w200.gi

...YOU sar   😎

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, kelly said:

* *   i'll always be there for..

4321a0c415923242b1014da607e23a9c_w200.gi

...YOU sar   😎

Not that heavy and not inclined to go topless at a tailgate, but if you twerk like that in Lot E I'm in.  (Don't worry; as Jets Fan Platinum I can get you past the bouncer)

SAR I

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, SAR I said:

Not that heavy and not inclined to go topless at a tailgate, but if you twerk like that in Lot E I'm in.  (Don't worry; as Jets Fan Platinum I can get you past the bouncer)

SAR I

YOU've Lost  MORE weight !.. CONGRATS !  😎.. i remember..

4321a0c415923242b1014da607e23a9c_w200.gi

...when this ^ ^ was taken YOU had already LOST  'round  70 pounds   😎

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/2/2021 at 10:57 AM, SAR I said:

Tell that to a Yankee season ticket holder who has to pay $75 per game for 81 games.  That's $6,000, that's more than my 4 gameday Jets tickets cost for an entire season.

Jets parking passes are a great value.  And, for those who skip a game or two every year, we easily get 2x face value on Stubhub.  This isn't the hill to die on, Bit.

SAR I

Uh, my cousin has season tickets to the Yankees (Bleachers with a minute obstructed view blind spot) and pays $5 a ticket. That’s $820.00 for two tickets x 82 games. It costs me at least $300.00 to go to one Jets game. I haven’t been to a home game since 2016, and do not miss it at all. The game day xp blows now. You and Max will be sitting by yourselves soon high fiving each other while I watch the quiet (I can hear birds and the vendors) game on TV.

When my brother and I first got season tickets in 1978 they were $8.00 a ticket and pre season tickets were free.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BP said:

Uh, my cousin has season tickets to the Yankees (Bleachers with a minute obstructed view blind spot) and pays $5 a ticket. That’s $820.00 for two tickets x 82 games. It costs me at least $300.00 to go to one Jets game.

Bleachers with an obstructed view.  And 82 games where 75% of them are played after 10pm on a worknight?  Why bother?  I'm a huge Yankee fan and I wouldn't take those tickets if you offered them all to me for free.

1 hour ago, BP said:

I haven’t been to a home game since 2016, and do not miss it at all. The game day xp blows now.

I think it's great.  No complaints from me on the stadium, parking, or the fans.  The place is clean, spacious, has short lines, is easy to get in/out of, and is full of families and young children.  It's not the 90's anymore.  Not everyone needs to get drunk on a Sunday to have a good time.

1 hour ago, BP said:

When my brother and I first got season tickets in 1978 they were $8.00 a ticket and pre season tickets were free.

$8 in 1978 is $33 today, and you can find $33 tickets in the upper deck on Stubhub all the time.  If the Jets were good and a contending team for the past decade no one would say a peep about the stadium experience.  Whining goes along with losing.

SAR I

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Maxman said:

A bunch of us were talking and we all feel that the game day experience has improved greatly since 2016.

We can't figure out why though, but it is just so much more fun now lol.

That’s the year that Firefraud permanently retired.  Made everything better as a result.  Human mascots are the worst. 

SAR I

  • Thumb Down 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Maxman said:

A bunch of us were talking and we all feel that the game day experience has improved greatly since 2016.

We can't figure out why though, but it is just so much more fun now lol.

Why?  Because all expectations of winning games have dissolved so there is no disappointment.

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Why?  Because all expectations of winning games have dissolved so there is no disappointment.

There was a joke in there but I think you missed it lol.

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, SAR I said:

That’s the year that Firefraud permanently retired.  Made everything better as a result.  Human mascots are the worst. 

SAR I

I know you haven't been to a game in some time but Ed is back.

And actually let's do this....calling him fire fraud is a personal attack, which is bannable.

If you want to say you don't like the chant that is fine. Attacking him personally? I let that go on long enough here. So find a new act.

  • Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Maxman said:

I know you haven't been to a game in some time but Ed is back.

Ed sits in his seats and occasionally is shown on the stadium screens, but he's not doing anything anywhere near what he used to do.  In the 2019 season there were several games in a row where his face wasn't shown even once.

22 minutes ago, Maxman said:

And actually let's do this....calling him fire fraud is a personal attack, which is bannable.

I'm confused.....he's not a JN poster and he's a public figure so how is this any different than someone calling Pennington "Noodles" or any manner of derogatory nicknames or terms used to describe Kotite, Sanchez, Gase, etc?  I'm not pushing back, hell I don't care enough about the guy to make it matter to me, but I don't understand the distinction. 

SAR I

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Maxman said:

There was a joke in there but I think you missed it lol.

See what happens when you’re not funny? 😂 

 

you got the RV in 2016, right? and the Jets have really sucked since 2015. I’m gonna drop a deuce in your RV next time I go to a game. You no longer have any JN security around.

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Ed sits in his seats and occasionally is shown on the stadium screens, but he's not doing anything anywhere near what he used to do.  In the 2019 season there were several games in a row where his face wasn't shown even once.

I'm confused.....he's not a JN poster and he's a public figure so how is this any different than someone calling Pennington "Noodles" or any manner of derogatory nicknames or terms used to describe Kotite, Sanchez, Gase, etc?  I'm not pushing back, hell I don't care enough about the guy to make it matter to me, but I don't understand the distinction. 

SAR I

 

He might have been out buying or leasing a new car when you posted that. He’s very moody when you criticize the Jets or their mascot when he’s out shopping.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SAR I said:

Ed sits in his seats and occasionally is shown on the stadium screens, but he's not doing anything anywhere near what he used to do.  In the 2019 season there were several games in a row where his face wasn't shown even once.

I'm confused.....he's not a JN poster and he's a public figure so how is this any different than someone calling Pennington "Noodles" or any manner of derogatory nicknames or terms used to describe Kotite, Sanchez, Gase, etc?  I'm not pushing back, hell I don't care enough about the guy to make it matter to me, but I don't understand the distinction. 

SAR I

 

He is a Jets fan. He is a real person. He is a retired fire fighter. You are taking a shot at his character with this name calling.  Saying Pennington  has a weak arm is a football observation. You are needlessly bashing a die hard football fan. Just let it go already.

This topic has nothing to do with the chant. I made a joke about the stadium experience getting better for everyone once BP stopped going.

Time to retire the Ed personal attacks.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BP said:

See what happens when you’re not funny? 😂 

 

you got the RV in 2016, right? and the Jets have really sucked since 2015. I’m gonna drop a deuce in your RV next time I go to a game. You no longer have any JN security around.

Wrong again on a few accounts. But the JN security force in 2021 is impressive.  Wait and see lol.  

:)

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Dcat said:

Why?  Because all expectations of winning games have dissolved so there is no disappointment.

Who wants to win...such lines getting out. Give me 2 and 14 and empty parking lots anytime lol.

Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Maxman said:

He is a Jets fan. He is a real person. He is a retired fire fighter. You are taking a shot at his character with this name calling.  Saying Pennington  has a weak arm is a football observation. You are needlessly bashing a die hard football fan. Just let it go already.

This topic has nothing to do with the chant. I made a joke about the stadium experience getting better for everyone once BP stopped going.

Time to retire the Ed personal attacks.

Thanks for the explanation, I see your point, apologies, done.  

SAR I

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, SAR I said:

Thanks for the explanation, I see your point, apologies, done.  

SAR I

It doesn't make sense as you first contested. I have seen plenty of real people bashed for their opinions and not a word was said.  Since the owner of the site says you can't bash certain people  your going to put your tail between your legs and run away.   Comical there goes free speech

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/4/2021 at 7:29 PM, BCJet said:

Not only do teams have to be under the cap, but the issue that actually is a (small) concern for Woody is that teams have to escrow all player and coaches salaries in cash by the start of the season.  Thats around $190 million depending on coaches salaries.

Now, if you are Paul Allen, thats not a problem, you actually made money.  Woody bought the Jets for $800 million and now they are "worth" $2 Billion, but woody has to put the Jets up as collateral to borrow cash every year simply because he never actually made that much cash to be able to fork over $190 million into an account to sit there all year.   Im sure its not hard for him to get the banking to do that, since is essentially a risk free loan for the lender, but no one truly knows what Woody actually has in cash. 

I don't see that as any type of issue. First off the team is worth a good amount more than $2BN (and those estimates are always low; team purchases are always in excess of its prior presumed value because for someone with this kind of coin it's like a prize as much as an investment) and the original Jets purchase was $635MM. Further, he (and the Giants) didn't get into the stadium-building/running business years ago just to lose money on it by creating a pure expense. 

A line of credit is borrowing against what you truly have; a mortgage is borrowing against what you truly owe; either way it's borrowing (and borrowing is as cheap as ever). Plus it's not hard to just pay it off (if he even wants to) when the season's revenue starts rolling in from TV and the stadium, which exceeded expenses by about $80MM when he had to do a financial disclosure to become ambassador. 

I don't know where the idea came from that all of Johnson's inherited money got tied up in the original Jets purchase 20+ years ago, and that one of the league's 10 wealthiest owners is in any way cash-poor. Does everyone think the original Jets purchase was never financed way back when, and further that the league would have ever approved him spending all he's got to barely make a lump sum cash payment for the Jets, like someone emptying his checking account to leave a $7 balance? Owners have to approve other new owners, and they'd never approve someone who is cash poor after (then) purchasing the team for ~50% over its book value as he did.

There is no cash flow problem. I've got a laundry list of issues with Johnson's deeds & non-deeds since becoming the Jets owner, but being able to escrow a year's salary expenses is not among them. Even if he somehow didn't have this amount in easily liquid-able cash outside of the team's value, which is ridiculous, he wouldn't (and wouldn't have to) put up a $3.5BN sports team as collateral for a short term $0.2BN line of credit that'll get paid off quickly and easily.

Even aside from his other assets, which are significant, he's been making $ hand over fist as owner of the Jets for 20 years in addition to the increased value of the team. The reason the team is valued at $3.5BN, or whatever crazy number it'd sell for, is because it throws off profit for its owner(s) and has been doing so for some time. All that past & present TV and gate & luxury box revenue doesn't just go to nowhere & do nothing but increase the team's valuation for a someday-future sale.

All his money isn't tied up in unrealized capital gains on the Jets. I don't know where this idea comes from. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

@BCJet

Here, this Bloomberg article is from 4 years ago, when Woody had to do a financial disclosure for the ambassador position. That's before the stock market aggregately went up by ~50%, and was back when the team was "conservatively valued at $2.7BN" using Forbes' valuation (nearly $1BN less than now).

  • "Based on the midpoint of value ranges indicated for each asset, Johnson probably has more than $1.7 billion in assets unrelated to his ownership of the Jets and about $233 million in liabilities." 

The idea that nearly all his money is tied up in unrealized capital gains from the Jets franchise is absurd, let alone that he'd have to put up a multi-billion dollar sports franchise for a short-term, low-interest loan to float a single-digit percentage of that amount.

Whatever else is rightfully said about him, that baldheaded lucky-sperm trust fund recipient dweeb dips***t has zero cash flow problems, short term or long term.

https://www.forbes.com/teams/new-york-jets/

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JETSY14 said:

It doesn't make sense as you first contested. I have seen plenty of real people bashed for their opinions and not a word was said.  Since the owner of the site says you can't bash certain people  your going to put your tail between your legs and run away.   Comical there goes free speech

You want free speech go start your own site.  I said personally attacking Jets fans isn't allowed here.  Ed wasn't based for his opinion he was called a fire-fraud.  There is no reason to personally attack a Jets fan on this site. If you want to say I don't like the chant, great. I think the other guys do the chant better, great.

Calling a Jets fan a name isn't allowed here, so with that in mind I will just stop typing now.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...