Dan Patrick: Zach Wilson Will Be 2nd QB Taken

1 hour ago, Dcat said:

correct.  there are ppl who will NEVER trade draft picks.  Even when it provides a far better chance of getting you what you need than Zach Wilson.  Glad they are armchair GMs like the rest of us. 

What you need?  Are you not really meaning the QB you need?  Because we can probably get the Qb we need if we don't mind putting on the sh*tacular roster we presently have with much fewer resources to make h team better.

2 hours ago, kdels62 said:

I buy Shough but SLOVIS!!? 5 QBs should go in the top 15 of this year’s draft... if we pass on any of them for Slovis, I’m gonna get married and dedicate myself to “date night” instead of caring about football.

Chill, B. ...he’s a name on a list. He’ll be on the radar next year. Personally I don’t think he’s gonna be more than Barkley’s step brother - even that dude was talked about as a first round pick at one point. 

13 hours ago, nycdan said:

Not us.  I'm talking about HOU.  But yeah, if we run with Sam again and it doesn't work out, are we looking at a thin crop?

A lot can change next year, especially with so many college teams playing reduced schedules or not playing at all this season.  At this point last year most of us hasn’t heard of Zach Wilson.  Ditto for Joe Burrow the year before.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Beerfish said:

What you need?  Are you not really meaning the QB you need?  Because we can probably get the Qb we need if we don't mind putting on the sh*tacular roster we presently have with much fewer resources to make h team better.

BS.  JD can trade for Watson and still have picks.  This isn't the Ricky Williams to New Orleans situation that everyone is acting.

All of this is wasted time anyway because Houston would be insane to not kiss and make up with Watson.  He is one of the top QB in the league and will remain so for the next decade.  Yet people want Zach Wilson instead.  Puke. Idiots.

19 hours ago, Jetster said:

I went & took a looksie at some of the YouTube tapes & what scouts are saying about his game. 
The ball just pops out of his hand & we all know a great base with a quick release is a fine tool in the NFL. He’s also quick & moves really well, knows how to slide & can throw very accurately on the run. 
Bottom line is this kid seems to be a very mobile Kurt Cousins & there is nothing wrong with that except Cousins isn’t a good closer in tight games & that may be because he doesn’t have the movement skills of these youngsters coming along. 
If we don’t get Watson, I’m all for just using #2 on Wilson. We can come up with great nicknames too, like THE BABY FACED KILLER. 

I'm partial to Wall Street Wilson haha

2 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

It doesn't mean he will either.  There's really nothing to say he's injury prone - other than injuries from high school.

What are you talking about?  His torn labrum in his throwing shoulder was aggravated during college and he had to get surgery.  And then there’s also the thumb injury on his throwing hand

1 hour ago, Philc1 said:

What are you talking about?  His torn labrum in his throwing shoulder was aggravated during college and he had to get surgery.  And then there’s also the thumb injury on his throwing hand

Aggravated? come on.  He didn't even miss a game..  He had surgery from a high school injury because it was the smart thing to do long term.  

and a thumb is a flukiesh kinda thing, You're a smart guy, you know that.

He's not injury prone at all. 

People want to create this narrative for some reason about him, not sure what it is about Jet fans and their dislike of him.- From what I can tell on this board it's mostly they don't like the way he looks or that he's a Mormon...Because on film he's incredibly impressive.   

I haven't heard a single person speak to his skill-set and say he isn't good.  What I hear is:

1) Injury prone and small - he dealt with a high school injury and he's 6'3 210 (So is Matt Stafford)

2) Competition - BYU finished 11th in the country.  You don't get that high a ranking if you're not playing high level football.  

3) He looks like a girl - Who gives a F... 

• Upvote 2

23 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

Aggravated? come on.  He didn't even miss a game..  He had surgery from a high school injury because it was the smart thing to do long term.  

and a thumb is a flukiesh kinda thing, You're a smart guy, you know that.

He's not injury prone at all. 

People want to create this narrative for some reason about him, not sure what it is about Jet fans and their dislike of him.- From what I can tell on this board it's mostly they don't like the way he looks or that he's a Mormon...Because on film he's incredibly impressive.   

I haven't heard a single person speak to his skill-set and say he isn't good.  What I hear is:

1) Injury prone and small - he dealt with a high school injury and he's 6'3 210 (So is Matt Stafford)

2) Competition - BYU finished 11th in the country.  You don't get that high a ranking if you're not playing high level football.  

3) He looks like a girl - Who gives a F... 

Dee Milliner never missed a game in college either due to injuries despite getting multiple surgeries

And I don’t care if he looks like an 80’s lesbian all his stats are against East New Mexico State Community College