For What It's Worth: Craig Carton Believes the Watson to Jets Deal is "Ova"...

jetswinbaby!

Maybe it's because he is admittedly the "king of instant gratification,"

And the deal not happening right away has tested his patience...

But the hot talk of a week ago has faded...

And he thinks the Stafford trade has made a possible Watson deal too rich for the Jets...

Carton always touts his connections...

Maybe he has some inside word that it's not going to happen...

And that's that...

image-w448.jpg?1543579215

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, jetswinbaby! said:

And he thinks the Stafford trade has made a possible Watson deal too rich for the Jets...

And that's that...

The bolded part makes no sense.  The Stafford deal has no bearing whatsoever on this deal.  If that's his reasoning he's wrong.

If he has inside contacts telling him the Jets aren't interested that's a different story.

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, jetswinbaby! said:

And that's that...

He's totally full of crap.  He did go to jail for fraud.  He doesn't have the highest allegiance to the truth.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

Here is the deal boys and girls....if Watson really want out of Houston (and the word is that he will never play for them again) then it doesn’t matter what Detroit got. Houston will take best available offer, which will I am sure be reasonable at worst.

I do think he is wrong, to compare 2 late future pics + taking back a bad bad deal to a package that includes a second overall pick, is short sited at best. 

The Jets were never going to trade away what has been speculated by the media. It's simply too much for a team with so many needs.

This team needs a large influx of young, high end talent. Joe Douglas has been setting up for this moment since he walked in the door. Six picks in the top 97 is the start to getting this team turned around for the long term. The intention is and always has been to build through the draft.

• Upvote 2

49 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

The bolded part makes no sense.  The Stafford deal has no bearing whatsoever on this deal.  If that's his reasoning he's wrong.

If he has inside contacts telling him the Jets aren't interested that's a different story.

Especially when you factor in the value of the draft picks and the fact that the rams had to overpay for the lions to take on Goff and his contract.

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, static14 said:

Carton has zero connection to The Jets, and no inside info. 

He does however have some tickets to sell you. 

This is what kills me about this board sometimes. 

- uAstadium flat out claims "multiple teams" calling and inquiring about Sam Darnold...the board thinks it's a foregone conclusion and Sam is gone. Never mind that uAstadium is a rando account that isnt even verified with 18k followers. 

- Carton speculates that Watson is dead in the water, the same board says he is full of sh*t and probably doesnt have any sources anyways. Never mind at minimum he is verified and has about 200k followers. 

Not necessarily defending Carton here but jesus everybody, stop having selective amnesia about the legitimacy of information you are hearing. 

• Haha 3

59 minutes ago, CanadienJetsFan said:

Another one...

seriously, where’s that Adam Gase vs Watson threads leaderboard I asked for?

Your only contribution to this board lately is commenting like this on each Watson thread. Just ignore them if you don’t like it. It’s fun!

ETA- I say with peace and love the MORE comments with gifs are way funnier 

Craig Carton?

I might as well blow a fart out my ass and ask for it’s opinion.

Probably has better gambling advice too.

Yeah, Watson is probably staying in Houston. Breaking news, that.

Just like when he came out with his “breaking news exclusive” that Gase would be fired after the last game of the season...

What a savaant

My guess is that it will all come down to how much pain the Texans are willing to accept.

1. They may not get completely blown away with an offer so something like the #23, a 1st next year, a 1st in 2023, and Darnold could be the best offer they get.  If they think that's low are they willing to suffer potential criticism and ridicule for it?

or

2. Are they willing to suffer through a holdout, continued distraction, etc. with a QB who doesn't want to be there?

Unless somebody swoops in with a huge deal (which could still happen) it will come down to the lesser of two evils.

I have never thought that JD will part with the draft capital necessary to land Watson, but I don't think the Stafford trade changes things much one way or another. 

Remember, we have the #2 overall pick. You can't just lump that in as "just another 1st round pick." For example, according to the draft chart, that pick is worth two #10 overall picks. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, JTJet said:

This is what kills me about this board sometimes. 

- uAstadium flat out claims "multiple teams" calling and inquiring about Sam Darnold...the board thinks it's a foregone conclusion and Sam is gone. Never mind that uAstadium is a rando account that isnt even verified with 18k followers. 

- Carton speculates that Watson is dead in the water, the same board says he is full of sh*t and probably doesnt have any sources anyways. Never mind at minimum he is verified and has about 200k followers. 

Not necessarily defending Carton here but jesus everybody, stop having selective amnesia about the legitimacy of information you are hearing. 

It’s probable that teams are calling the Jets regarding Darnold’s baseline cost, either in the event of a Watson/etc trade or if the Jets end up using the #2 on a QB, so regardless of anyone’s feelings about uStadium, it’s a worthwhile discussion.

Likewise, it’s probable that the Texans are telling people that Watson isn’t available, and it’s fine if Carton presents it as unique content. Ultimately, neither report means much today because both situations are fluid and ultimately need to be resolved at some point

• Upvote 1