Schotty to develop Lawrence

mrcoops

1 minute ago, SAR I said:

Yes.  And, okay.  I've got honey mint lamb skewers, rice pudding, or spanakopita.  Thoughts?

SAR I

Eat the pudding now to up your blood sugar to kill the hunger demons. Then rock that lamb and Spinach pie for lunch. Well done young man. Just be careful  heating the lamb up. Don’t want to over cook it. 

• Post of the Week 1

Shotty was a poor play caller here.  He however takes WAY too much flack for being a bum on these forums.

The great success of the jets under rex is always credited to rex or Sanchez depending on who you talk to on here.

Shotty got something out of a sh*tty, immature QB in sanchez those years.

He is also the scape goat in seattle where he had to deal with russel wilson wanting to open the game up which they did and had one of the best offenses in the game for a good deal of last year.

Great offensive mind?  No not at all but worlds better than the absolute schlock we had here the last two years.

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Shotty was a poor play caller here.  He however takes WAY too much flack for being a bum on these forums.

The great success of the jets under rex is always credited to rex or Sanchez depending on who you talk to on here.

Shotty got something out of a sh*tty, immature QB in sanchez those years.

He is also the scape goat in seattle where he had to deal with russel wilson wanting to open the game up which they did and had one of the best offenses in the game for a good deal of last year.

Great offensive mind?  No not at all but worlds better than the absolute schlock we had here the last two years.

I am no fan of Schotty as an OC and hated 90% of what he did while here.. but that said, the job he was hired to do in Jacksonville is not that of OC.  He will be there to develop Trevor and "passing game", whatever that means.  In other words... no calling the plays for you, Brian.  New job.   I always wanted him to do the QB development here but no, he delegated it all to goddam Cavanaugh all those years.  Cavanaugh was the worst, but Schotty kept him around, so I blame him for that too.  Meyer is not from the NFL... makes perfect sense to have an NFL veteran like Schottenheimer on his team.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, mrcoops said:

Everyone's beloved former OC, Brian Schottenheimer, has been hired by the Jaguars as QB coach and passing game co-ordinator.

Trevor Lawrence has to be thrilled with this development.

Schotty probably left out his coaching experience with the Jets on his resume when he applied for the job.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Greenseed4 said:

Russell Wilson and Trevor Lawrence will will have done more for Schotty’s career than the other way around. 

That said, if you look at TL’s game it is predicated on a lot of screen passes, with a scatter of deep shots and designed runs. RW struck me as always being more vertical. 

Probably not a horrible fit tbh. 

Russell Wilson and Trevor will have done nothing compared to what Marty did.

I thought Schotty was a good fit here with Woody since they both fit the category of "ain't crap without Daddy"

2 hours ago, The Crusher said:

Eat the pudding now to up your blood sugar to kill the hunger demons. Then rock that lamb and Spinach pie for lunch. Well done young man. Just be careful  heating the lamb up. Don’t want to over cook it. 

Spinach......its green.....

My food eats green things.

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Schotty gets too much hate from Jets fans. 

*hides*

Agreed.  Its fun to make fun of him.  And I really don't think he's a very good OC, and only maybe slightly better as a QB coach.  But coaches can't turn sh*t into a good meal, no matter how much they dress it up.  The Jets had to play "hide the QB" with Mark Sanchez here, and it worked pretty well for a couple of years.  That's an accomplishment.  

Meanwhile, the playcall that always gets the most hate (the all curls short of the 1st) should have been an easy 1st down if Sanchez just made the correct read.  He had Joe McKnight (RIP) open on the same side of the field where he actually made the throw.  Had he done so, a completion to McKnight would have been made where he had plenty of space to get the extra yard or 2 he needed for the 1st.

That said, the Fullback in Motion thing he always did to see if teams were in Man or Zone was archaic.  He stuck with that for way too many years, including his stop with the Rams.  

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, LSJF said:

Schotty sadly was probably our best O coordinator in years... was Chan Gailey better? Tony Sparano(RIP), Dowell Loggins, Adam Gase, John Morton, Jeremy bates... Who did I forget ? Holy crap they all sucked...

Don’t completely disagree. But the rosters they had to work with make it hard to judge. The right roster made Sanchez a winner. 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, rangerous said:

Schitty did a great job with Sanchez and the Wilson so of course he deserves to coach a generational talent.

“Great job?”  Sanchez was at best mediocre during the regular season with Schitty, Wilson called his own plays and he and Carrol were so impressed with Schitty they fired him after that playoff game

5 hours ago, peebag said:

"Ok Trevor, on this 3rd down play all the WRs will run patterns short of the 1st down marker"

"uh Coach, why can't they all run patterns past the 1st down marker?"

Robert+Stack.jpg

Can't let that go can you? lol! I still laugh seeing that Video mock up with 5 guys with arrows pointing & all them 1 yard short of the 1st down marker. Just a classic & a reminder that this teams passing offenses have been horrible for 20 years!

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, mrcoops said:

Everyone's beloved former OC, Brian Schottenheimer, has been hired by the Jaguars as QB coach and passing game co-ordinator.

Trevor Lawrence has to be thrilled with this development.

Lawrence ..."is there any way I can go back to school ?"

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, CanadienJetsFan said:

My God, i feel sorry for Lawrence.

But how is it that Shotty gets another gig, but Gase doesn't???

Myer will announce Gase as the backup QB/passing game coordinator coach. You can never have enough QB/passing game coordinator coaches.