Raiders looking to trade Derek Carr so they can pursue Watson???

rayzor

6 hours ago, doitny said:

LMAO

cant believe you think Darnold is better than Carr with a straight face. and Austin is better than Waller? i keep looking back at your post to see if i missed a laugh or a wink. 

Carr has a QB rate of over 100 last 2 seasons. comp % around 68 last 3 seasons. avgs under 2 INT a game for his career.

Darnold sucks. and if he goes to Houston and sucks a 4th year then they got to cut him. Carr doesnt suck.

the wild card here is Gruden. he runs the Raiders. he cant have another 8-8 season. if he gets the Texans on the phone he wont hang up until he gets a deal. he will give them whatever draft picks they want. make the playoffs for a few years, maybe win a SB and then retire.

you guys make that 2OA pick worth more than it is. only if Houston LOVES  a QB this year than its worth something. 

how do NE, NO, GB, SEA make the playoffs for decades? yeah they have great QBs but you need talent around them right? yet they find them with there late rd picks EVERY YEAR. we can do the same

We keep comparing Darnold to other qbs around the league. Its such a waste of our time. Statistically, he is the Worst rated starting qb in the league over the last 3 yrs. Thats a fact, and stands on its own merit. Thoughts such as Gase ruined him and he has no weapons, are just theories. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

27 minutes ago, Butterfield said:

I can’t imagine Carr would want to go to Houston after his brothers experience.  

That would be ironic.  I've forgotten about David Carr.  I don't believe Derek has a no trade clause though.  Those are only generally included in the contracts of the very best talent.

23 minutes ago, rayzor said:

That would be ironic.  I've forgotten about David Carr.  I don't believe Derek has a no trade clause though.  Those are only generally included in the contracts of the very best talent.

Yeah, but would Houston trade for a guy who said he didn’t want to play there?  I don’t think so, not after this.  

13 hours ago, Maxman said:

Sam Darnold

Bless Austin

# 2 overall

2022 1st round pick

Boom, Jets comp is much higher.

Carr is 30 years old and has surpassed 30 TDs once in his career. He would be hard to sell to a fan base that is hurting over the loss of Watson.  Darnold is young and fans would rally around him.

You didn't even have to break a sweat to come up with that. :)

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Ah, the daily “Jon Gruden wants to trade Derek Carr” boomlet

Boomlet, great word. Too bad we don't have anyone on the roster with that surname because what a great football name that would be while I'm at it. That's how I "play" and judge the draft, btw, by the football names. My primitive baseless system is laughably accurate. I probably pick 'em better than Bitonti, hmhertz, and Baldine put together. 

2 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Played better than Sam Darnold. 

All the draft picks we have and free agency money to spend we could really build a decent team quickly if we didn't have to spend a small fortune for a decent QB. 

Marcus Mariota could be that QB. 

image.png.3d03b9307cde195e0ae6defbae79e611.png

2 hours ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

The Raiders are looking to get rid of a pretty solid QB because they know how good Watson is. Meanwhile, some are sitting here wanting to stick with Sam Darnold for a 4th year lol. 

ok buddy, lets see Gruden flip Carr and lets call it 4 (u know since they pick like in the late teens and we pick 2nd)? first round picks to houston for Watson...and then we can talk.

10 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

All the draft picks we have and free agency money to spend we could really build a decent team quickly if we didn't have to spend a small fortune for a decent QB. 

so,  joew12,.. how long have you had these..

1493237_10203894687961595_80865379095403

...thoughtS ?    ?

15 hours ago, rayzor said:

https://twitter.com/VinnyBonsignore/status/1356758961978920960?s=20

This would certainly complicate things if it were true.

The very first comment was a gem.  Gotta love Raiduh fans:

What I don’t understand is that if Watson is soooooo good why aren’t they trying to trade for him? TF (head scratcher) I think Carr is waaaay better QB than Watson. The only thing Watson has is his running. Lamar Jackson anyone? Running QB that can’t pass are garbage

4 minutes ago, Dcat said:

What I don’t understand is that if Watson is soooooo good why aren’t they trying to trade for him? TF (head scratcher) I think Carr is waaaay better QB than Watson. The only thing Watson has is his running. Lamar Jackson anyone? Running QB that can’t pass are garbage

You know Raider fans.  If he doesn't run a sub-4.3 40, he is trash.  This applies to all positions including LT and Punter.

9 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Ha.  When I first read this I thought that was you saying that.  I was trying to figure out why you didn't use an alias account for it.

3 hours ago, k-met57 said:

ok buddy, lets see Gruden flip Carr and lets call it 4 (u know since they pick like in the late teens and we pick 2nd)? first round picks to houston for Watson...and then we can talk.

I didn't say that they were going to. They might not be in a position to do it. But I'd kill for Sam Darnold to be anywhere near as good as Derrick Carr is. And here you have (if you believe the report) the Raiders more than ready to move on from him in order to get Watson. It just puts things into perspective in my opinion.

If the Jets end up going with Darnold next year, they better be right. JD will pay for it with his job if he's wrong. 

1 hour ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

I didn't say that they were going to. They might not be in a position to do it. But I'd kill for Sam Darnold to be anywhere near as good as Derrick Carr is. And here you have (if you believe the report) the Raiders more than ready to move on from him in order to get Watson. It just puts things into perspective in my opinion.

If the Jets end up going with Darnold next year, they better be right. JD will pay for it with his job if he's wrong. 

i am sure the jets would move on from Darnold for Watson as well lol....Watson is a top 3-5 QB in football on a reasonable deal. That isnt the argument anyone is making.

5 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

145143736_10221456300190925_357469646701