Chris Simms: Deshaun Watson prepared to sit out 2021

10 hours ago, HighPitch said:

Its the truth. A Young fqb is worth 5 1st round picks simply because NOBODY has ever been able To draft one every 5 years. Nobody! Ever! Its a once every 20 year thing 

plus we have the pics to trade and still have full or near full drafts. Whats the issue?

Its as simple as that. Dont overthink this

The Jets haven't been able to.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

"You're".  

I ALREADY POSTED THIS! YOU'RE IN TROUBLE NOW! @joewilly12!!! GET IN HERE! HANDLE THIS! THE REPOST IN NEW THREAD POLICE IS GONNA GET YOU!!!  

This isn't news. It's Simms' opinion, which means nothing.  

Posted Images

Why would Watson rush back to the terrible Texans? To take another 80 qb hits 

There is a scenario where the Jets get Watson it's the same as how they got bell. 

• Upvote 1
11 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

I said 2 weeks ago this would Implode and that Douglas should just be patient and he has been. If the Jets truly want Watson they should let this continue to spiral out of control and we get more and more leverage. What Houston should be doing at this point is also shopping JJ Watt because they will have to go into full re-build mode as this will probably destroy their locker room a  well.

I agree. But I also think if JD is actually considering making a move for Watson its beneficial to get it done sooner rather than later so he knows what he is working with as far as a roster, draft capital and cap space. There's a lot of work to be done in FA, scouting, contracts, trades, etc. Also, if JD waits too long another team like Miami could step in and make a move for him. The other thing is a third team could step in after clearing space and make a move for Watson- like Carolina. This would do 2 things- create a 'biding war', JD does not want that and simply put the Jets could lose out on Watson. 

Houston is already in a tough spot. If the Jets want Watson, use the reported (if true) offer of 2 first rounders, 2 second rounders, 2 defensive starters as a starting point and negotiate down to a more reasonable deal. 

I gave my brain a break from this mess. Didn’t his agent say he will NOT hold out? If Simms is accurate, this def will increase our chances. 

For whatever reason, I can envision the Raiders trading for him. I have a weird gut feeling. 

9 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

Are you the "My Pillow Guy"

I Dont know what that implies but no. I am not the my pillow guy.

are you the “build around darnold the qb thats rated dead last in every category” guy?

12 minutes ago, Church01 said:

Watson better look at LeVeon Bell before sitting out. Bell isn't the same player he was since he made his decision to not play. Watson better think about it.

Could also look at Tom Brady who lost a full year with an ACL. Only difference being Watson will be able to train.

QB ≠ RB

• Upvote 2
10 minutes ago, Ghost said:

For whatever reason, I can envision the Raiders trading for him. I have a weird gut feeling. 

I've heard a few rumors on this, I can see Vegas as an attractive landing spot with the new stadium and endorsements but will Watson waive his no trade clause to be stuck behind Mahomes the next 15 years?

• Upvote 1
23 minutes ago, Church01 said:

Watson better look at LeVeon Bell before sitting out. Bell isn't the same player he was since he made his decision to not play. Watson better think about it.

Comparing running backs to quarterbacks...Watson's shelf life is potentially longer plus Watson doesn't rely on the same running back burst that Le'Veon once did to make plays.

I don't see Watson sitting a year, he loves the game, but who knows...

• Upvote 2
9 minutes ago, Gangrene said:

Comparing running backs to quarterbacks...Watson's shelf life is potentially longer plus Watson doesn't rely on the same running back burst that Le'Veon once did to make plays.

I don't see Watson sitting a year, he loves the game, but who knows...

Comparing Bell to Watson is one of the dumber things I've seen on here. People didn't think Carson was going to go through with his retirement threat either...

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/583587-carson-palmer-threatens-to-retire-if-not-traded-by-cincinnati-bengals

• Thumb Down 1
53 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

(Watson doesn’t have to actually sit out for the threat of sitting out to work; he just has to signal that he’s prepared to go nuclear if need be)

Like this guy? It keeps him from getting exiled from JN

Joaquin Phoenix Awards Shows GIF by Golden Globes

13 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

Your an idiot if you think after all this Watson will be a Texan start of the year

You're a bigger idiot of your think Watson os going to sit out the year and cost himself and his agent millions.

1 hour ago, rangerous said:

so basically watson wants to go to a winning team.  i can understand his frustration with the texans and their lack of success but at the same time the whole concept of team is to work together with your team mates and this doesn't mean necessarily ditching them for greener pastures.  not every player can play for the chiefs.  this is getting to be too much like the nba where players pick and chose the teams they want to play for.

Bill Obrien was allowed by the owners to completely eff the Texans for the next 3/4 years! They traded away their franchise QBs binkie! What do you think Aaron Rogers would say in public if the Packers traded away Devonte Adams for the same picks the Texans got for Hopkins? 

It was completely asinine! How about the Miami trade? Look where Miami is picking in the draft this year! Sewell could have been there at #3? Yes, the Jets have been a sh*tshow but they have a newer respected GM, just hired a very respected coach & have a ton of money & draft assets even in a trade for Watson. I think what is going to happen is once there is an agreement in place with the Jets, Sam Darnold goes to Houston & is turned around & traded for more picks & Houston takes a QB in the 2021 draft & the Texans tread water with a less expensive veteran QB for 2021. 

Thats my take on the situation. 

32 minutes ago, JetFreak89 said:

Comparing Bell to Watson is one of the dumber things I've seen on here. People didn't think Carson was going to go through with his retirement threat either...

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/583587-carson-palmer-threatens-to-retire-if-not-traded-by-cincinnati-bengals

Yeah I read that. Palmer is all in on supporting Watson to do whatever is necessary to leave behind toxic ownership.

1 hour ago, Church01 said:

Yeh wouldn't want to be Bell... Who is *checks notes* playing in the super bowl this weekend 

Meme Staring GIF by 60 Second Docs

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, Church01 said:

No way in hell this gets taken all the way to freezing him out! That just makes the whole situation worse! And the Steelers knew they ran the tire tread off of Bell (such a smart organization). 

How does that satisfy blood thirsty fans. Allow Watson to sit out while fining him? Yea, that will bring unity to a rebuilding team. 

The longer this goes on without Watson coming forward to say, I'm good, the closer it gets to Caserio looking toward the future which starts with this 2021 draft. Knowing that Watson doesn't want to play for the Texans, and if your a fan & have been following what Bill Obrien did to this team, knowing your going to be losers anyway the next 2 years based on having no possible way to improve the team & the fact you only won 4 games the prior year, Watt getting cut, THINGS CAN GET WORSE you know! 

Im betting Watsons moved & im praying Joe Douglas is the one to snag him for our New York Jets. I'm sure they rather move him to Carolina but they definitely don't have the ammunition to improve the Texans going forward that the Jets can provide. I think JD has already been readying his position. 

4 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Im betting Watsons moved & im praying Joe Douglas is the one to snag him for our New York Jets. I'm sure they rather move him to Carolina but they definitely don't have the ammunition to improve the Texans going forward that the Jets can provide. I think JD has already been readying his position. 

The Fins were a winning team with a minority HC and have plenty of pick's as well as warm weather and no state tax.. If Houston said they wanted 4 1st rd picks plus Q and Becton I have no doubt some fans would be begging to do the deal..:eek:

• Upvote 1
35 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Bill Obrien was allowed by the owners to completely eff the Texans for the next 3/4 years! They traded away their franchise QBs binkie! What do you think Aaron Rogers would say in public if the Packers traded away Devonte Adams for the same picks the Texans got for Hopkins? 

It was completely asinine! How about the Miami trade? Look where Miami is picking in the draft this year! Sewell could have been there at #3? Yes, the Jets have been a sh*tshow but they have a newer respected GM, just hired a very respected coach & have a ton of money & draft assets even in a trade for Watson. I think what is going to happen is once there is an agreement in place with the Jets, Sam Darnold goes to Houston & is turned around & traded for more picks & Houston takes a QB in the 2021 draft & the Texans tread water with a less expensive veteran QB for 2021. 

Thats my take on the situation. 

i think your take is reasonable.  and the trade scenario seems good.  but at the same time it still sounds like watson has all the cards and can nix any trade offer the texans get.  so he can pick and chose who he wants to play for. and if he wants to be catty what's to stop him from brokering his own low ball trade deal and hurt the texans in the process.

we'll see what happens.  if watson dictates where he wants to go and the trade deal isn't good then he's really not the guy i'd want on the jets.

He shouldn't be talking about sitting out 1 year. He should be talking about how many years he's ready to sit out because barring some team trading half their franchise, that is what it is going to take. 

He'd be better off to go in and low key tank so it looks like he has a Goff / Wentz level contract. Not that I advocate doing that. 

On 2/3/2021 at 7:34 AM, bitonti said:

Why would Watson rush back to the terrible Texans? To take another 80 qb hits 

There is a scenario where the Jets get Watson it's the same as how they got bell. 

The jets are worse than the texans talent wise.

The jets will be trading all of their 1st round picks to get watson.

Watson will feel better playing for saleh and getting away from an owner and GM he does not like.  the actual team situations will be mostly the same.

Within about a year the Jets org will be blasted for not getting watson any talent to play with.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 2
2 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

The jets are worse than the texans talent wise.

The jets will be trading all of their 1st round picks to get watson.

Watson will feel better playing for saleh and getting away from an owner and GM he does not like.  the actual team situations will be mostly the same.

Within about a year the Jets org will be blasted for not getting watson any talent to pay with.

Cool story?  It is one of multiple possible outcomes.  

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, More Cowbell said:

You're a bigger idiot of your think Watson os going to sit out the year and cost himself and his agent millions.

Let’s circle around here in a few months and see if Watson is still a Texan