If Watson doesn't happen, which do you prefer?

If Watson doesn't happen, which do you prefer?  

178 members have voted

1. 1. If the Watson trade doesn't happen, which of these do you prefer?

• Sam Darnold Re-roll
    • Zack Wilson
    • Justin Fields
    • Trey Lance
    • Mac Jones
    • A-veteran-to-be-named-later (specify below)

Trey Lance and Darnold re-roll.  See who works out.  Assumes Lance goes 5-10 and we can get good compensation for trading down.

Why?

Given the success of Josh Allen and Dak Prescott, I am not sure that Lance is a biggest stretch than Darnold, Fields or Wilson.

But I am not convinced that Darnold is going to work out either, particularly if he gets more expensive.  

I think it is worth the 2 and the Seattle picks for Watson.  Not more.  

• Upvote 4

I voted #1 as long as we trade own from #2 and get significant draft resources out of it.

I would not be opposed to trading down, still picking a QB if there is one we like and rolling with darnold to start net year.

If that is not the plan then I change it to taking a QB at #2.  (probably wilson)

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, GreenFish said:

I really like Wilson. But I’m at the point where I think the best thing to do is trade back and just push the QB decision off at least another year. Could be QB fatigue though. 

Agreed, could be, as you put it, QB fatigue but at this point I’m in the more of a trade down acquire more picks, build the team and bring in a veteran to compete with Sam (dalton, Winston ). And this coming from someone that doesn’t have much faith in Sam 

• Upvote 3

I like Fields and Wilson. I'd actually prefer Wilson but I chose Fields. I think the concerns about Fields are way overblown. And the injuries with Wilson scare me. Surgeries on both shoulders and his throwing hand is enough to make me think twice.  

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 2

1 hour ago, varjet said:

Trey Lance and Darnold re-roll.  See who works out.  Assumes Lance goes 5-10 and we can get good compensation for trading down.

Why?

Given the success of Josh Allen and Dak Prescott, I am not sure that Lance is a biggest stretch than Darnold, Fields or Wilson.

But I am not convinced that Darnold is going to work out either, particularly if he gets more expensive.  

I think it is worth the 2 and the Seattle picks for Watson.  Not more.  

I'm not going to pretend that I know a SINGLE thing about Lance. If he is a multi-year project, it would make sense to roll with Darnold or a hold-the-fort veteran. We are SO far away from competing that I would rather suffer a few more years while a young team develops in order to finally put a competitive team on the field than "improve" to a perennial middle of the pack team. 

• Upvote 2

50 minutes ago, Anthony Jet said:

Agreed, could be, as you put it, QB fatigue but at this point I’m in the more of a trade down acquire more picks, build the team and bring in a veteran to compete with Sam (dalton, Winston ). And this coming from someone that doesn’t have much faith in Sam 

Totally agree and I'm putting my name on it. Sam re-roll. 

Didn't vote because I don't know either, but I'm in the trade down camp, and getting either Lance or M. Jones later in the 1st.  That all goes away if JD can get a TEAM friendly trade for Watson. No trading QW, or #2 involved, start and end with the 3 picks from Seattle, and Darnold and we got a deal, otherwise I'm ready to roll with Sam, a VET, Morgan, and the drafted rooking competing for the starting spot next year with at least 3-5 more draft picks from trading out of #2.

• Upvote 1

As much as I woukd like the team to run again with Sam and draft Smith,, I think the best thing for everyone is trade Sam and start over with Fields. I just can't  see the team really continuing with Darnold. I do not think San Is bad, I think he will be a good QB but at this point, there would just be a lot less baggage to deal with if we draft a QB.

• Sympathy 1

I'm going with Fields but honestly the worse case scenario of keeping Sam and perhaps trading down for a potential stud and more picks would be good too.  Obviously there is a pecking order of what we prefer but I think in any decision we make we will be in a much better situation this season.      

• Sympathy 1

Would like to see them trade down for a haul keep Sam and pick up Mac Jones somewhere middle to late first round. Build team first as there are way too many needs as of now and after talent is upgraded then a fair determination can be made of Sam and Jones then let them compete for the spot along with Captain Morgan 

• Upvote 1

I would probably go with Wilson at #2 based on the offense that they are bringing in, it resets the rookie contract and gives the team a much needed fresh start. Trade Darnold and recoup a 2nd.

It's not what I think the team will end up doing though, I've resigned myself to a 4th year of Darnold for awhile and trading back in the draft. I can see the allure of a big package for the #2 overall pick but I'm pretty sure this is going to land us in no-man's land next year when Darnold flops again.

• Upvote 1