If Watson doesn't happen, which do you prefer?

If Watson doesn't happen, which do you prefer?  

178 members have voted

1. 1. If the Watson trade doesn't happen, which of these do you prefer?

• Sam Darnold Re-roll
    • Zack Wilson
    • Justin Fields
    • Trey Lance
    • Mac Jones
    • A-veteran-to-be-named-later (specify below)

2 minutes ago, peekskill68 said:

If Saleh and LaFleur and Calabrese can "fix" Sam, the upside is massive.  To hedge, JD has to pay up for a real backup (Dalton?) and roll the dice Sam figures it out...

Can you honestly envision Sam Darnold holding the Lombardi trophy?  See him carry his team on Super Bowl Sunday?

Sam will be traded.  He's not the answer.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

3 hours ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

Put your name on it. 

Thank you for making the poll results public so we can see who the real trick-ass ho’s are. I am not currently entertaining any non-Watson outcomes, but it’s good to see who on this site is a white-flag-waving French surrenderist mush without guts or conviction.

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2

Choice G: Other

If Watson is not a Jet...

1. Sign a relatively young free agent QB that can compete for the starting job, like Brissett or Trubisky.

2. Have the terms of a trade for Sam worked out with another team prior to the draft.

3. Trade down to the 5 - 10 range.  Accumulate picks for this year and next.

4. If there's a desired player of good value on the board at 5 - 10, draft them.  If not, or if an offer that cannot be refused presents itself, trade down again into the middle of round 1 and accumulate more picks for this year and next.  Do not trade down any further.

5. If our top pick, wherever it ends up, turns out to be a QB (perhaps Fields falls, Lance, etc.), execute the trade for Sam.  If not, Sam stays.

6. Signed free agent competes for the starting QB job with Sam or drafted QB.  Loser is the backup.  Morgan #3. 

2 hours ago, Skeet Ulrich said:

If Darnold is QB1 next year I guess I'm re-upping the Red Zone package.

Draft a rookie, acquire a veteran, find Namath and suit him up. Do not put Darnold out there again for 17 weeks.

don't worry, Darnold always misses 3 weeks due to injury.  so we are already down to 14 weeks

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

lololololol 38 % prefer Darnold.

You losers deserve what you get.  

imagine if we trade down from #2 pick and get a 2022 first rounder.  we suck again with darnold this coming year and we get a high pick next year.  3 solid first rounders next year.  2 firsts this year.  lots of 2nds.  re-make this team in a year.

12 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Thank you for making the poll results public so we can see who the real trick-ass ho’s are. I am not currently entertaining any non-Watson outcomes, but it’s good to see who on this site is a white-flag-waving French surrenderist mush without guts or conviction.

???????????????????????????????????????

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, MykePM said:

Choice G: Other

If Watson is not a Jet...

1. Sign a relatively young free agent QB that can compete for the starting job, like Brissett or Trubisky.

2. Have the terms of a trade for Sam worked out with another team prior to the draft.

3. Trade down to the 5 - 10 range.  Accumulate picks for this year and next.

4. If there's a desired player of good value on the board at 5 - 10, draft them.  If not, or if an offer that cannot be refused presents itself, trade down again into the middle of round 1 and accumulate more picks for this year and next.  Do not trade down any further.

5. If our top pick, wherever it ends up, turns out to be a QB (perhaps Fields falls, Lance, etc.), execute the trade for Sam.  If not, Sam stays.

6. Signed free agent competes for the starting QB job with Sam or drafted QB.  Loser is the backup.  Morgan #3. 

Shoot me now ?

My choice of Sam is predicated on dropping down (no lower than #12) and receiving another 2 this year (#44), and the a 1 and a 2 next year.  

Having three 1’s and two 2’s next year will lure the next great QB to demand a trade, or give us the ammo needed to go get the next “generational” draftee. 

9 minutes ago, batman10023 said:

imagine if we trade down from #2 pick and get a 2022 first rounder.  we suck again with darnold this coming year and we get a high pick next year.  3 solid first rounders next year.  2 firsts this year.  lots of 2nds.  re-make this team in a year.

Yeah, this but adding two more second round picks on top.  

35 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

It's good to know that you're keeping lists of all the Vichy scum for the eventual bloody purge that's coming post inevitable Watson trade.

• Post of the Week 1

2 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

Can you honestly envision Sam Darnold holding the Lombardi trophy?  See him carry his team on Super Bowl Sunday?

Dude, I didn't see Flacco, Johnson,  Rypien,  or Foles hoisting it either.  You go your way and I'll go mine...

I'm surprised Fields is getting more votes so far.  I honestly wouldn't mind Wilson or Fields but Wilson would be a better fit in the new offense.  Wilson said it himself that he already knows the Shanahan offense well and would best fit in with the 49er's.  That was before we signed Saleh.  So the majority is Sam???  You guys might get your wish.

59 minutes ago, peekskill68 said:

Dude, I didn't see Flacco, Johnson,  Rypien,  or Foles hoisting it either.  You go your way and I'll go mine...

You just named four people over about 30 years.  If those are the odds of what you're trying to build - then yes, I agree you.

All of them were in an era when teams were able to play defense.  Defense is over in the NFL.  It's like College now...

3 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

At one time I did envision it. On draft night. I thought he was going to be the franchise QB that this organization has longed for. It just didn’t work out for him here. Too many inconsistencies and injuries. 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

Put your name on it. 

None of the above.

Fields at #2 is my 2nd choice (3nd after trading for Watson).

Florida QB Trask in the 3rd/4th round competing (and IMO beating out) Sam while spending all our picks on Offense (Trade Down, O-line, WR, RB, WR, O-line in Rounds 1-3) would be my #1 choice after Watson, as I'm uncertain about any of the top candidates this cycle.

But I'm ok with Fields if that's how it plays out.

Do not want Wilson.

Don't really think of Lance (a C or D choice that will still cost a top 10 pick).  Mac Jones in the early 2nd might not be bad, but he'll be gone by then.

TLDR:  Go all in, Get Watson.  No Watson, go cheap, get Trask to beat out Sam.  If we must, draft Fields at #2.  Avoid Wilson.

33 minutes ago, Warfish said:

None of the above.

Fields at #2 is my 2nd choice (3nd after trading for Watson).

Florida QB Trask in the 3rd/4th round competing (and IMO beating out) Sam while spending all our picks on Offense (Trade Down, O-line, WR, RB, WR, O-line in Rounds 1-3) would be my #1 choice after Watson, as I'm uncertain about any of the top candidates this cycle.

But I'm ok with Fields if that's how it plays out.

Do not want Wilson.

Don't really think of Lance (a C or D choice that will still cost a top 10 pick).  Mac Jones in the early 2nd might not be bad, but he'll be gone by then.

TLDR:  Go all in, Get Watson.  No Watson, go cheap, get Trask to beat out Sam.  If we must, draft Fields at #2.  Avoid Wilson.

Alright, so Trask in the mid rounds + trade down from #2 + keep Sam. 

Respect the originality. 

I think 90% of the board is down for all-in on Watson, even we all put different prices on 'all-in', so I didn't include it. But we're definitely in agreement on Watson being the #1 choice.