Perriman and Mims don't talk about fight club.. if fight club is Sam Darnold.

pointman

1 hour ago, pointman said:

Alan Hahn was on the Michael Kay Show and was talking about having Perriman and Mims on his radio show this morning. He said Mims was in love with The Deshaun and was gushing over him. He also talked about having to adjust to Flacco because the velocity of his passes. Perriman was talking about his love for Jameis Winston. When asked about not getting in a rhythm with Sam he just said he wasn't sure why. Both guys didn't talk much about Sam, and didn't lend much support for him either. Hahn said he and Bart were dumbfounded by it and found it really odd as usually players would support their guy until they weren't their guy anymore whether it be from them being traded or from a pending trade. Interesting. Sam gone.

Ok so the both read this board. 

Alan Hahn was on the Michael Kay Show and was talking about having Perriman and Mims on his radio show this morning. He said Mims was in love with The Deshaun and was gushing over him. He also talked about having to adjust to Flacco because the velocity of his passes. Perriman was talking about his love for Jameis Winston. When asked about not getting in a rhythm with Sam he just said he wasn't sure why. Both guys didn't talk much about Sam, and didn't lend much support for him either. Hahn said he and Bart were dumbfounded by it and found it really odd as usually players would support their guy until they weren't their guy anymore whether it be from them being traded or from a pending trade. Interesting. Sam gone.

This could just be someone trying to create a story. But if this is true it would change my mind on what to do about Darnold. It's one thing not to succeed because of bad cast and coaching, it's another to not have the respect and support of your teammates. 

Still don't want Watson, but if this is true I can get behind Fields or Wilson.

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Joejet said:

The most interesting thing that I heard was when Mims said that the ball got there a lot quicker from Flacco and he had to get used to waiting longer for the ball from Sam. As Prodigal said, both Mims and Perriman had some good games with downfield receptions with Flacco at QB.

Because Flacco could see they were open, and darnold could not.

• Upvote 4

39 minutes ago, JazzyJet said:

This could just be someone trying to create a story. But if this is true it would change my mind on what to do about Darnold. It's one thing not to succeed because of bad cast and coaching, it's another to not have the respect and support of your teammates. 

Still don't want Watson, but if this is true I can get behind Fields or Wilson.

Alan Hahn doesn't strike me like some idiot needing a twitter boost. He wasn't sensationalizing much in his story, at least not in his narrative approach. I think he was as surprised as anyone that he didn't get the typical "sam's my guy" type empty ra-ra cheerleading. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

JN turns quick. Perriman went from a brilliant, savvy signing who was secretly a great player and better than robbie Anderson to a scrub JAG bust.

Funny thing is, he indeed looked like a lot better player with Flacco than darnold and so did mims.

It's the arm strength, Sam can't throw the deep ball. Flacco looked so much better in the brief time he played.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

I've practiced with guys who got hurt and didn't play a single down and I would go to bat for them. And we weren't even two dudes catching and receiving (innuendo? Maybe). A wide receiver always goes to bat for his QB. He couldn't say one nice thing? Not even a "Umm, he has good hair" or a "I like the Toyota he got for free". Nothing?

Sam is a totally stand up guy. Did you ever hear him on the Michael Kay show. He stood behind every player on that team while they went 0-13. If Perriman can't  find something good to say, the problem is him, not Sam. As far as Mims, the guy has also done nothing. Not one freaking TD the entire season so these two can go play on a different team for all I care. Neither did anything more to win games than Sam. If this was Crowder or even Barrios, it would carry more weight. 

• Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Sam is a mush. A true beta male. SoCal avocado toast. A simp. A twink. A surf-brah. A sub. A gimp. A weakling. Nice guy, but all the leadership traits of Pauly Shore. 

Excuse me Sir but Avocado Toast might be one of the most delicious things on the planet, Also Pauly Shore is a legend that is all. 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Sonny Werblin said:

Mims: “The ball got there faster with Flacco, and with Sam I just had to get used to the fact that it didn’t get there as fast as Flacco.”

Jeez ... I guess Denzel didn’t get the memo that the problem lied with him and everyone else on the team not named Darnold. 

• Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

4 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Sam is a mush. A true beta male. SoCal avocado toast. A simp. A twink. A surf-brah. A sub. A gimp. A weakling. Nice guy, but all the leadership traits of Pauly Shore. 

Sadly after 3 years this seems true.  He’s got all the tangibles but not enough intangibles.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, pointman said:

Neither was very good in 2020 in and of themselves.

Of course they want the narrative to be that it was Sam.

We'll find out if there is any truth to that as soon as we play someone other than Sam at #1.

Neither are good enough today to throw anyone else under any busses IMO.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Warfish said:

We'll find out if there is any truth to that as soon as we play someone other than Sam at #1.

I don't care about Perriman. I hope Mims is good. Point isn't about either of them. Point is two players on the Jets were asked about the QB play and neither made any comment about the current starting QB. That is the point. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, Joejet said:

The most interesting thing that I heard was when Mims said that the ball got there a lot quicker from Flacco and he had to get used to waiting longer for the ball from Sam. As Prodigal said, both Mims and Perriman had some good games with downfield receptions with Flacco at QB.

Sam had the worst field vision in the NFL this year and it wasn’t even close.  He never even tried to feed Mims. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

17 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Smfh 

Perriman is more accomplished than Darnold and Mims is a rookie. They both are qualified to drag Darnold IMO. 🤷‍♂️

3 hours ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

Well, I think this tells us exactly what we need to do.

Trade this ginger blockhead in for that new new, good good , Church of Penningtology 2.0: Latter-day Saints edition.

He won’t come here to NY. His father only wants him playing for the Pats. But Deshaun wants to come here 🙋🏾‍♂️

31 minutes ago, Wonderboy said:

He won’t come here to NY. His father only wants him playing for the Pats. But Deshaun wants to come here 🙋🏾‍♂️

Interesting.

I give the kid a ton of sh*t because of his opponents, the great protection he had, the one year wonder element, the shoulder surgeries and, of course, the Mormon thing. 

But I've got to say, I watched this recently. This was his 'bad' game, and I actually was expecting a lot worse. There's still a lot to respect here:

Still wary of him, as I am of Fields. Still think the rest of our team needs improvement before we can expect any young quarterback to develop, but I do understand why both are worthy of high selections. 

I'd just rather do something like this:

324374893_ScreenShot2021-02-03at7_51_04PM.thumb.png.a1cf7e73c997e44c0be9d7b089c66fa4.png

52 minutes ago, pointman said:

I hope Mims is good.

I hope so too.  He wasn't in 2020, despite the homer-hype.

Point isn't about either of them. Point is two players on the Jets were asked about the QB play and neither made any comment about the current starting QB. That is the point. 

Which says the two are pretty sh*tty teammates, on top of not being very good WR's in 2020.

You say "we love Sam" till the moment Sam isn't the guy.  That's being a good teammate. 

We don't see Sam blaming the two of them for missing more than 50% of the year combined.  He isn't our in the media calling them fragile, despite having every reason to do so.  These two lost any right to bitch when they played less than half the teams snaps this year.

Look, I want Sam replaced as much as anyone.  No one needs a rookie did-nothing WR to validate that opinion.

Doesn't mean I'm going to clap like a circus seal over two chuckledicks being bad teammates.

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, Warfish said:

I hope so too.  He wasn't in 2020, despite the homer-hype.

Which says the two are pretty sh*tty teammates, on top of not being very good WR's in 2020.

You say "we love Sam" till the moment Sam isn't the guy.  That's being a good teammate.

Look, I want Sam replaced as much as anyone.  No one needs a rookie did-nothing WR to validate that opinion.

Doesn't mean I'm going to clap like a circus seal over two chuckledicks being bad teammates.

Mims was fine all things considered. No camp, injured half the year, new QB in Darnold, no #1 WR. Nor worried about him in the least. Darnold on the other hand 🤷‍♂️