Lord of the Flies Mafia 2021 Game Thread - GAME OVER - 3rd Party Wins!

Drums

6 minutes ago, jvill 51 said:

Convenient was my first thought too, along with the fact that I think every time I’ve seen a bomb in the games I’ve played it worked differently (end of the train blew up on a lynch). But if he could be vetted seems like a huge town asset, no?

Seems like a pretty redundant question.

3 minutes ago, Stark said:

that was how I have seen the bomb work in previous games but I had to look it up and there are more versions that work off the NA's.

There isn't really a way to "vet" him though. 

By george, I think he got it

• Upvote 1

The purpose of a town aligned night bomb is to draw the nk. Jets has been doing the exact opposite so far.

Plus his nonchalant cya tomorrow yestetday... but then dropping a claim minutes after my vote doesn’t seem as carefree as he seemed to appear before. It all feels like an act.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Nynaeve said:

Ok. Just seemed odd that you unvoted after Barry already put him back at L2

I could vote him again and I am good with 80. I made a post commenting on his reads before I left for the weekend. 80 responded to me at some point and I missed it until this morning when I was looking back at the weekend, which I mention in the post I voted for him in. 

only really spot check the games on weekends I just happened to see the JETS vote on you while I was feeding one of the babies whatever night that was and it felt fake, and like scared scum 

feel like both are scummy tbh

Just now, Stark said:

I could vote him again and I am good with 80. I made a post commenting on his reads before I left for the weekend. 80 responded to me at some point and I missed it until this morning when I was looking back at the weekend, which I mention in the post I voted for him in. 

only really spot check the games on weekends I just happened to see the JETS vote on you while I was feeding one of the babies whatever night that was and it felt fake, and like scared scum 

Fair enough

6 minutes ago, Nynaeve said:

The purpose of a town aligned night bomb is to draw the nk. Jets has been doing the exact opposite so far.

Plus his nonchalant cya tomorrow yestetday... but then dropping a claim minutes after my vote doesn’t seem as carefree as he seemed to appear before. It all feels like an act.

Did you expect a guy who's playing this game on a football board to start posting during the Super Bowl? I was busy yesterday and just wanted to make sure I didn't get lynched. I then claimed because I was a vote away from being lynched and I felt that's what I had to do.

19 minutes ago, Stark said:

You did see it though and responded with the gif below, which is kind of what I was getting at when I asked you what you thought of his response:

On 2/6/2021 at 8:56 AM, Stark said:

Lol

squirrel GIF

No need for “regrets” 

UNVOTE

VOTE JETS 

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, Nynaeve said:

This I agree with. Plus just the wording of his claim feels off. “Basically VT, except I do this.” Could be used to describe any role I guess, but if you have a role you’re not basically VT. Feels almost like downplaying, pay no attention to the bomb behind the curtain.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Stark said:

that was how I have seen the bomb work in previous games but I had to look it up and there are more versions that work off the NA's.

There isn't really a way to "vet" him though. 

My thoughts were similar to jvills where it seemed convenient at first but also could be a strong asset since he's essentially unkillable unless we lynch if true. Seems like maybe something that can work itself out or at least be put off until later in the game? There's no way to vet him but we can get a better idea of the balance of roles as the game plays out. 

1 minute ago, Barry McCockinner said:

My thoughts were similar to jvills where it seemed convenient at first but also could be a strong asset since he's essentially unkillable unless we lynch if true. Seems like maybe something that can work itself out or at least be put off until later in the game? There's no way to vet him but we can get a better idea of the balance of roles as the game plays out. 

I don't see how that would work at all. You do realize he doesn't die at night phase if he's lying or if he's truthful?  So I don't see how it "works itself out". You want to, what? wait for a bunch of players to die and theorize and throw around wifom based on flips to try and figure out if his role "makes sense" in the game?  Even if he is telling the truth about him being a bomb, that STILL doesn't make him town.

All this leads to the fact that his claim is moot in discerning his alignment. Which leaves his play.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, jvill 51 said:

You did see it though and responded with the gif below, which is kind of what I was getting at when I asked you what you thought of his response:

kind of hung over Saturday morning and forgot that I had seen it. that is also when the JETS thing which I acted on

2 hours ago, Stark said:

His response to me was basically "stark is mad I caught him D1" which he negated to address the No Nyn vote question or even my comment on him reading JiF well.  

The worst part of his entire "reads" post was that he had me high up in the list, but of all the players he listed I am the one player he didn't have a reason or explain why I was on it.  

How you have a list and leave out the reason for the guy you vote for. 

also ftr i responded as I left work  Friday and I barely spot check the game on the weekend.

VOTE 80

Process of elimination, you salty MFer.  I didn't need a reason.  And you guys are acting like a reads list 5 pages into a game is static and unchangable.  Talk about playing Mafia Paint-by-Numbers.  Sheesh.  

13 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

7 minutes ago, Nynaeve said:

I don't see how that would work at all. You do realize he doesn't die at night phase if he's lying or if he's truthful?  So I don't see how it "works itself out". You want to, what? wait for a bunch of players to die and theorize and throw around wifom based on flips to try and figure out if his role "makes sense" in the game?  Even if he is telling the truth about him being a bomb, that STILL doesn't make him town.

All this leads to the fact that his claim is moot in discerning his alignment. Which leaves his play.

I do agree with Nyn. This should be the move

UNVOTE 

VOTE JETS

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Nynaeve said:

7 minutes ago, Nynaeve said:

Even if in some universe he's been 100% honest here, he blew it and his role has become redundant because scum are not going to shoot him.

I still think he's full of it though

Obviously he's not dying at night now. I just thought we might be able to have a clearer picture of whether it makes sense as the picture becomes clearer. A cop could also look him up if they wanted - which would certainly vet him. In fact that might be a good thing to get out of the way early. It would be nice to have a vetted townie who isn't getting killed at night.

If he's being honest, scum wants him lynched for sure.

3 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Process of elimination, you salty MFer.  I didn't need a reason.  And you guys are acting like a reads list 5 pages into a game is static and unchangable.  Talk about playing Mafia Paint-by-Numbers.  Sheesh.  

POE on D1? what the hell

Yes, I drank pretty heavily all weekend.

On 2/5/2021 at 8:49 PM, Barry McCockinner said:

unvote

vote Jets

On 2/5/2021 at 9:04 PM, Jetscode1 said:

I approve this message.  Unvote, vote Jets!

On 2/5/2021 at 9:50 PM, Spoot-Face said:

This is feels forced, fake and gross

unvote

vote JETS

Damn, OK then.  Glad we are all in agreement here.

On 2/6/2021 at 11:16 AM, JustEndTheSuffering said:

Damn everyone is really nitpicking on the word regret. 

You might be the shiny object today and we're getting it wrong, but we don't have much to go on on D1.  I got jumped on for posting a reads list (admittedly with little substance to it) in an effort to get the game going.  It's how things work in a slow game with several low activity players.

Do you have a top choice or 2 for scum at the moment?  

2 minutes ago, Stark said:

POE on D1? what the hell

Yes, I drank pretty heavily all weekend.

I didn't mean to submit.. that yet.

Yes I drank pretty heavily all weekend. But just as JETS vote on Nyn was "scared scummy feels" You still are ignoring the fact that you made a list. While the list can be changed as the game goes on. You put me near the top IIRC and you didn't explain just voted. Seems like you would have voted someone you had on your list with an explanation. 

3 minutes ago, Nynaeve said:

You're kidding right? 

if he were a townie, this is exactly the sort of townie they'd want to carry to end game to sow discord. It's not all about body count in these games. Fact of the matter is he has been scummy, he didn't claim when he was supposed to and his actual claim is questionable at best. It's best to lose him sooner rather than later. Even if by some appetence I'm horribly wrong, we're still better off with him gone.

fair. 

9 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Obviously he's not dying at night now. I just thought we might be able to have a clearer picture of whether it makes sense as the picture becomes clearer. A cop could also look him up if they wanted - which would certainly vet him. In fact that might be a good thing to get out of the way early. It would be nice to have a vetted townie who isn't getting killed at night.

If he's being honest, scum wants him lynched for sure.

Barry sounding a bit gross, scum wants to see if there's a cop? and waste an investigation?

yuk

• Upvote 1