Lord of the Flies Mafia 2021 Game Thread - GAME OVER - 3rd Party Wins!

Drums

25 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

My thoughts were similar to jvills where it seemed convenient at first but also could be a strong asset since he's essentially unkillable unless we lynch if true. Seems like maybe something that can work itself out or at least be put off until later in the game? There's no way to vet him but we can get a better idea of the balance of roles as the game plays out. 

Thinking about it some more, I don’t think it is a situation where it works itself out. The only way to vet him is investigative roles, which we don’t even know if we have. So best case, JETS is telling the truth and an investigative role has to out themselves to let town know it. Worst case, he’s lying and there’s no investigation that can prove it, we lynch a townie(s) and we have to carry the distraction further along into the game. All the scenarios in between (telling the truth but we have no one who can vet him, lying but we have to use/out an investigator to catch him) lead to a net negative for town IMO. Between that little game theory and his actual gameplay, I think it clears things up quite a bit.

Vote JETS

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Just trying to think it out but you're right - dumb thing to say.

I disagree it would have been a waste though.

by "waste" if the cop did investigate they would have to "out" themselves to vet him to the game. 

1 hour ago, jvill 51 said:

This I agree with. Plus just the wording of his claim feels off. “Basically VT, except I do this.” Could be used to describe any role I guess, but if you have a role you’re not basically VT. Feels almost like downplaying, pay no attention to the bomb behind the curtain.

His reveal sucks. It’s not alignment indicative and it puts town in a tough spot. He’s likely scum. 

On 2/7/2021 at 11:37 AM, The Crusher said:

A lot of words for basically a joke vote. 

It does. 

Least favorite vote on train 

It’s not them, it’s you. 

One thing I noticed was he voted Nyn and bunch of people mentioned it but Nyn did her best to ignore it. Now, I know the naughty bunny likes to play hard to get but it kind of stands out. 

unvote vote jets

Crusher, I noticed you were around when JETS made that post.  You didn't like it at the time, but only here did you drop the vote.  Why?

3 hours ago, JustEndTheSuffering said:

@Barry McCockinner asked about what I think of 80 so I just read through his posts. I don't think the jif comment about how he reads him well is that bad. Haven't played enough games to know if that's bullsh*t or not but to me it's not a big deal. I guess they could both be scum though.

It's really not.  @JiF telegraphs when he's town pretty consistently.  Especially when he's vanilla town.  Just follow the three G's:  Gay stuff, Gifs, and Giving zero f**ks.  If his posts are high on all 3 of those metrics, he's very likely town.  

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, JustEndTheSuffering said:

I'm town bomb which is basically just VT except if I'm killed at night the person who killed me dies too. 

Interesting.  So you're saying you're only a bomb at night?  As in hammer vote during the day doesn't die?  

I'm good with being the hammer vote and absorbing that risk if need be.

Unvote

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Interesting.  So you're saying you're only a bomb at night?  As in hammer vote during the day doesn't die?  

I'm good with being the hammer vote and absorbing that risk if need be.

I'm pretty good with risking you any game.

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, Nynaeve said:

I'm not moving my vote. That claim is very convenient seeing as it can't really be vetted and it serves as a great excuse later why he keeps survivng every night phase.

Even if there's some truth to it and he's some variation of a bomb it doesn't really speak for alignment. 

Yeah, sounds like something a QT might cook up.  The only thing giving me pause is the nighttime aspect of it.  I don't recall seeing a Bomb on JN who only blows up via Night Kill.  

6 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

It's really not.  @JiF telegraphs when he's town pretty consistently.  Especially when he's vanilla town.  Just follow the three G's:  Gay stuff, Gifs, and Giving zero f**ks.  If his posts are high on all 3 of those metrics, he's very likely town.  

Did someone say penis?

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Nynaeve said:

The purpose of a town aligned night bomb is to draw the nk. Jets has been doing the exact opposite so far.

Plus his nonchalant cya tomorrow yestetday... but then dropping a claim minutes after my vote doesn’t seem as carefree as he seemed to appear before. It all feels like an act.

Yup.  Let's get him up to L-1 and I'll hammer.  

It was a very long day and as night drew closer, the boys were getting tired. They had settled upon a rock that was designated Meeting Rock. One boy found a conch shell and it was decided that whomever held the shell, was allowed to speak.

But not all of the boys were fitting in. One boy specifically, Percival, poor poor Percival, was missing home. Throughout the day, he had been bullied by the older boys. At one point, he stood up for himself but it did not last long. Before the Darkness crept in, it was already too late. While most of the boys were discussing the need for a fire and how to do so, little Percival was unfortunately stoned to death.  

kent-fletcher-lord-of-the-flies-1963.jpg

JETS - Percival - Town PR (Bomb) has been lynched.

It is now night. You have less than 24 hours to submit Night Actions. 

Deadline: Tuesday, 12 PM EST

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Drums said:

It was a very long day and as night drew closer, the boys were getting tired. They had settled upon a rock that was designated Meeting Rock. One boy found a conch shell and it was decided that whomever held the shell, was allowed to speak.

But not all of the boys were fitting in. One boy specifically, Percival, poor poor Percival, was missing home. Throughout the day, he had been bullied by the older boys. At one point, he stood up for himself but it did not last long. Before the Darkness crept in, it was already too late. While most of the boys were discussing the need for a fire and how to do so, little Percival was unfortunately stoned to death.  

kent-fletcher-lord-of-the-flies-1963.jpg

JETS - Percival - Town PR (Bomb) has been lynched.

OK then.  No big loss, role-wise.