What was the final straw for Jamal Adams? Something Joe Douglas said to him

Rhg1084

1 hour ago, addage said:

Seattle is a team on the decline.  And it will continue.  But the Jets are at rock bottom.  No single player will change that.  I don't see any reason to think that's funny.

You act like we don't have money or draft capital? JD isnt going to trade away every pick! Watson would be a magnet for offensive skill players.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, addage said:

Seattle is a team on the decline.  And it will continue.  But the Jets are at rock bottom.  No single player will change that.  I don't see any reason to think that's funny.

As others have mentioned, we will still have plenty of draft picks to work with and with our cap surplus there's the potential to make significant improvements in free agency.  And it's very possible that going from a pretty much universally maligned head coach/staff to a pretty much universally praised head coach/staff will make a big difference also.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, AlexVanDyke said:

And  forget this assclown; ESPN defends Jamal and victimizes him by conveying the “Jamal is right and  the Man is bad” message that they do just about every time now.    I will never respect greeny again for taking jamals side on this one. ESPN  has gotten to him. 

Then add in the two shows Greeny ran with the why would Trevor go to the Jets shlt show.  Poor guy was going to have to come to the Jets and if he was smart he wouldnt.  But not one friggen word questioning why the hell would he want to play for the jags?   With Urban coaching for the short term?  For a team where the owner thinks hes a GM, a team that doesnt even spend on a practice facility for its players etc.  Not to mention its Jacksonville, not NYC

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, addage said:

Well, even Macc would have been a good GM if he waited 3 years or so and then made his picks retroactively.  It's a little easier doing it that way.

No one needed hindsight to declare the Adams pick to be incredibly stupid at the time it was made.  This isn't just hindsight talking.  Lots and lots of posters here agreed at the time that taking a Box Safety over a QB was a terrible decision.

Meanwhile, GM's are paid to have foresight.  Maccagnan never made the right pick in his tenure, outside of perhaps Quinnen Williams.

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

No one needed hindsight to declare the Adams pick to be incredibly stupid at the time it was made.  This isn't just hindsight talking.  Lots and lots of posters here agreed at the time that taking a Box Safety over a QB was a terrible decision.

Meanwhile, GM's are paid to have foresight.  Maccagnan never made the right pick in his tenure, outside of perhaps Quinnen Williams.

Even Q was a poor pick in my mind with Leo already being on the roster....I hope Douglas does a better job of prioritizing positions when drafting at the top of the draft we have drafted enough interior D-linemen there for a lifetime....I do however think trading up and drafting Darnold was the right call but he should have taken a QB the year before he would probably still have the job if he did.

It’s been kind of ignored but is his injuries at the end of the season  a reason for concern? Yes he set the all time record  sacks by a DB, but basically couldn’t play by end of season due to injuries. So a year older and after his surgeries are we to believe he’ll be find doing it the next few years? They would have to be nuts to give him a long term contract to do what he does. There is very good reason pass rushers are typically big oh boys. Did I ever mention how much I loved Calais Campbell coming out of school? Ok, now I have. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, The Crusher said:

It’s been kind of ignored but is his injuries at the end of the season  a reason for concern? Yes he set the all time record  sacks by a DB, but basically couldn’t play by end of season due to injuries. So a year older and after his surgeries are we to believe he’ll be find doing it the next few years? They would have to be nuts to give him a long term contract to do what he does. There is very good reason pass rushers are typically big oh boys. Did I ever mention how much I loved Calais Campbell coming out of school? Ok, now I have. 

Between his injury history, his role as a pass rusher (which exacerbates this; he's too undersized to be a dedicated pass rusher), and his relative lack of athleticism, he's going to be an afterthought in this league by about 2025.  If he does indeed get paid by Seattle, they're going to have even more buyer's remorse than when they traded for him.

Meanwhile, you still have pals of ours   like @bitonti saying he's a lock for Canton.