What was the final straw for Jamal Adams? Something Joe Douglas said to him

Rhg1084

40 minutes ago, kelly said:

no  😏.. and neither does  JD   😎

cheers ~ ~ 

:beer:

Dude, number 1, this is the offseason and this is actual news that Adams is still holding a grudge.  I prefer to read this stuff over what Chris  Simms friend told him about Watson never playing for the Texans again which makes no sense at all unless Watson is fine losing millions which if he is, I would not want him as my QB because he is dumb as a rock. 

Secondly, this just enforces that JD made the right move in getting rid of this guy. He played on a winning team and went to his first playoff game and he still isn't  happy. I was a huge supporter to keep Adams. Boy was I wrong about him. 

13 hours ago, Beerfish said:

One reason i am hesitant in the deshaun watson talk is that the Seattle pick next year could easily be top 10.

Pete carrol wants t run the ball when the only reason they were any good last year was they outscored teams and wilson was maxing the 1st half of the year.

Adams is a big liability in coverage, not even against really good players, average receivers kill him.  He is good when rushing unblocked and having your SS at the los all game means your secondary is under way more pressure.

If Wilson ever gets hurt it could be a top 5.

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, Jetster said:

The entire media in general now is just a huge sewer. Does anyone really give a f*ck what Joy Behar thinks? Way too many idiots with microphones 🎤 in the world. I told my wife she'll never see me in the morning if I walk into the living room & Good Morning America is on.  

Never understood the premise of morning infotainment shows. What sensible person has time at the hour to look at television. Do you have work or kids to get to school? IS the gym open? Do you have to walk the dog? OR do you sleep? 

14 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Perpetual victimhood. Also note that the Seahawks haven’t even approached him about a contract extension.

And from what i can say with certainty is that they will not be paying him $20M AAV a year. This man is a narcissist and everytime he opens his mouth it becomes more prevalent.  #JAMALWEDON'TGIVE A ****!! 

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

With context, yes this was as or more damaging a selection as any this sorry-ass franchise has made. 

The only saving grace is it might be somewhat reversible 4 years later (dispatching of being saddled longer term with Maccagnan + Bowles and/or Gase in the process) but that trade has to actually happen for such a reversal.

All very true.

But as bad as it looks for us, I still can't get over the Bears having their Sam Bowie moment, and actually burning a 2nd and 4th round pick to trade UP for Trubisky.  They had enough of a team in place to challenge for the biscuit if they took either Mahomes or Watson at 3.

That is an all-time blunder.

• Upvote 3

14 hours ago, football guy said:

The same guys who are criticizing Jamal for this have praised Deshaun. At least be consistent lol

Did I miss the videos by Watson? Also did I also miss the part where JD started texting a player’s moms to put pressure on them? Different situation, different context. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, More Cowbell said:

Dude, number 1, this is the offseason and this is actual news that Adams is still holding a grudge.  I prefer to read this stuff over what Chris  Simms friend told him about Watson never playing for the Texans again which makes no sense at all unless Watson is fine losing millions which if he is, I would not want him as my QB because he is dumb as a rock. 

Secondly, this just enforces that JD made the right move in getting rid of this guy. He played on a winning team and went to his first playoff game and he still isn't  happy. I was a huge supporter to keep Adams. Boy was I wrong about him. 

ugghhh...  ok   🙄 

4 minutes ago, Bugg said:

That is one dark day in Jets history. 

That is frightening to see

I think he’s getting these things out because he knows he will not get an offer that he was looking for and it’s very possible he gets one less than what the jets offered.  He’s therefore creating a narrative that “oh well you see, it was for these other reasons, ie disrespect”.  It’s saving face 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Sperm Edwards said:

With context, yes this was as or more damaging a selection as any this sorry-ass franchise has made. 

The only saving grace is it might be somewhat reversible 4 years later (dispatching of being saddled longer term with Maccagnan + Bowles and/or Gase in the process) but that trade has to actually happen for such a reversal.

I could forgive picking Watson over Mahomes, but not a f***ing safety (with or without his personality disorder issues) over both.

Well, even Macc would have been a good GM if he waited 3 years or so and then made his picks retroactively.  It's a little easier doing it that way.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

I could forgive picking Watson over Mahomes, but not a f***ing safety (with or without his personality disorder issues) over both.

Of course you can forgive Watson over Mahomes.  At the draft, it wasn't like that was a bad idea.  Watson was the higher rated prospect.

What you can't forgive is saying, our QBs are Josh McCown, Bryce Petty, and Christian Hackenberg.  Lets go with a box safety/situational pass rusher.

Hence, why it's the worst pick we've made.

• Upvote 3

10 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

Of course you can forgive Watson over Mahomes.  At the draft, it wasn't like that was a bad idea.  Watson was the higher rated prospect.

What you can't forgive is saying, our QBs are Josh McCown, Bryce Petty, and Christian Hackenberg.  Lets go with a box safety/situational pass rusher.

Hence, why it's the worst pick we've made.

It is. And Sanchez was a tough one to top. Ironically.

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Untouchable said:

Good luck to the Seahawks being forced to pay a 210 lb EDGE $20 million a year, meanwhile your future HOF QB is still forced to run for his life every other snap.

What a genius, that John Schneider.

Really has his priorities straight...

I had a contact in business; he played with Pete Carroll, in the backfield at UOP. Pete is a very "confident" backfield coach and he over reached with this Adams business. 

What is the karma with Pete Carroll ending up with a raw deal from the Jets

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

You force your way out of town by going on and on about how you want out, how the owners sucks, the GM sucks and the HC sucks.  Then you get pissed when youre told you can have your trade but your big f'n mouth may limit where you can be traded to?

And this assclown interviewer Jordan Schultz laughs like he doesnt understand?  

• Upvote 1

If the Seahawks dont get him signed to a long term deal this is going to look like one of the worst trades in recent NFL history. Even if they do sign him at any where near the numbers he is looking for, he needs to be play pretty much at an MVP level to justify 2 firsts.

5 minutes ago, undertow said:

I could be wrong but I see Seattle as a very top heavy team on the decline and in a increasing difficult division.  Would be hilarious if the Jets got Watson and are instantly a better team.

Seattle is a team on the decline.  And it will continue.  But the Jets are at rock bottom.  No single player will change that.  I don't see any reason to think that's funny.

29 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

You force your way out of town by going on and on about how you want out, how the owners sucks, the GM sucks and the HC sucks.  Then you get pissed when youre told you can have your trade but your big f'n mouth may limit where you can be traded to?

And this assclown interviewer Jordan Schultz laughs like he doesnt understand?  

And  forget this assclown; ESPN defends Jamal and victimizes him by conveying the “Jamal is right and  the Man is bad” message that they do just about every time now.    I will never respect greeny again for taking jamals side on this one. ESPN  has gotten to him. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, addage said:

Seattle is a team on the decline.  And it will continue.  But the Jets are at rock bottom.  No single player will change that.  I don't see any reason to think that's funny.

Seattle minus Wilson is a 4-6 win team....there's very little difference in the rosters and one draft and offseason could close that gap significantly.  And I said if it turns out the Jets are the more successful team during Adams time in Seattle THAT would be hilarious so I think you should work on your reading comprehension. 

• Upvote 1