Would you trade up to #1 if the Jags didn’t want Lawrence?

58 minutes ago, JetPotato said:

Yeah - not happening. If the Jags somehow manage to convince themselves that there is a player they would rather have over Trevor Lawrence, they aren't trading down with anyone other than the Jets. Anywhere else, they might miss out on the opportunity to take their guy. The Jets would be guaranteed to take Trev.

For argument's sake, assume the Jags want Wilson instead of Trev. Any team below the Jets in the draft that trades up (let's say Atlanta), then takes Trev at 1. Jets are on the clock. How does Jacksonville know the Jets don't draft Wilson at 2?

So in summary, in the 0% scenario where Jags don't draft Trev, the Jets just have to do nothing and wait til their turn and he's theirs.

Lets reel it all in. NO GM would pass on TL nor does ANY GM prefer any other QB prospects over TL.  That includes the Jags.  TL goes #1 and there is NO chance the Jags blow it.  They know better.

Fields small sample size and way too many poor performances.  He could actually be a bust.

Wilson major injury issues and possible character issues.  A super privileged kid that could fold when the word is not served up at his feet. 

If the Jets don't land Watson, they are best to stay with Darnold and draft DeVonta Smith with their first pick and an interior lineman or DB with their second. 

27 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

You are making this WAY to complicated.  Irsay knew Manning was *DONE*.  They wanted Luck and got him.  They did it by losing every single game.  Or more to the point, by not trying to win. 

They lost every game because that team and O was created specifically  for Manning. Even the defense was made for a team that gets ahead and forces the other team to pass a lot. When they weren't scoring a lot of points because Manning wasn't  playing, it all came crashing down. If you mean they tanked because they didn't adjust to not having Manning, you might have a point but to say they planned this from game one is about as crazy as saying the Jets were tanking until they played the Rams and decided to beat a playoff team because CJ said they needed the win.

Deshaun Watson is a pocket passer. 

3 hours ago, 32EBoozer said:

I like Gun Slinger's over Thoroughbred's.

Citation: @football guy

• Deshaun Watson:  Should be in the Gunslinger section

Deshaun is a pocket passer who can run. He can fit in any offense, he can beat defenses a number of ways, and he has a strong grasp on what defenses try to do to him vs. how his offense can counter the defense. I think you need to think less about his athleticism/size and more about how he plays the game. His ceiling is sky-high but so was his floor. Shocked me to see him fall out of the top 10 when he was a prospect 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, football guy said:

Deshaun Watson is a pocket passer. 

Deshaun is a pocket passer who can run. He can fit in any offense, he can beat defenses a number of ways, and he has a strong grasp on what defenses try to do to him vs. how his offense can counter the defense. I think you need to think less about his athleticism/size and more about how he plays the game. His ceiling is sky-high but so was his floor. Shocked me to see him fall out of the top 10 when he was a prospect 

Thanks to that lack of arm strength mentality. He doesn’t have a “rocket arm.” 

7 hours ago, Sammybighead said:

If he isn’t keen on Trevor, it’s more likely the jags trade #1 for Watson 

i have a hard time seeing this trade happen. the texans don't want to give watson to the jaguars and the jags wouldn't want the texans to have lawrence. even if they were willing to trade with eachother i don't see the texans doing this trade straight up