Kevin Mawae coaching with Colts

No way man I think it's a totally good thing!

He's got to earn his stripes, get some calluses, and work out the kinks someplace else.

It's only fair because if he was coaching for the Jets he'd probably get special treatment or at least it would be perceived that way right?

Doesn't mean he won't be coaching here someday, but he's got to stand on his own first.

On another note I believe he would be considered a minority coach since I believe he's Hawaiian or Polynesian or what Bill Parcells would call a Pineapple? Lol!!

I do believe he went through some kind of intern program and that just goes to show that any of these former players if they apply themselves still have a lot of opportunities in the league. Good for him I hope he's successful!

17 minutes ago, Warfish said:

I'll be honest, I never think of Mawae as a "Jet".

He always comes to mind more as a Seahawk.  

I know he played here 8 seasons, a very long time, and twice what he did with Sea and Tenn, but still, when I think of him I always think Seahawk.

Maybe because I am 31 but for me Mawae is a Jets legend easy 

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, UntouchableCrew said:

I mean, we let him walk and he played several years with the Titans after he left.

I think he's most strongly associated with the Jets relative to Seattle or Tennessee but he's not exactly a "Jets lifer" here.

Lifer's in the NFL have become very rare.

Image result for photo nick mangold

Image result for photo d'brick fergusonwayne-chrebet.jpg?w=625

Edited by flgreen
  • Upvote 4