NY Jets were smart to trade Jamal Adams in hindsight

Bronx

1 minute ago, Waka Flocka Flacco said:

Yeah. It's obviously too much given the player and the money but it's not implausible at all. I don't know that I could come up with a better guess.

If there ever was any fuel to the Dallas fire, maybe #44 for Adams.  Maybe throw a mid/late rounder next year to help everyone save face?

16 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Anyone who didn’t see the logic or need to dump Jamal Adams when we did is a fool and doesn’t get to retroactively apologize for supporting Adams and/or support signing him to an extension. You were a clown then and you shall forever remain a clown in perpetuity. EAD. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 4
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 3

9 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I stand by original take. Trading away pro bowlers you drafted defeats the purpose of actually hitting on our draft picks. 

As we always said, lets see who get with those picks. If its another Darron Lee or Dee Milliner guess you be the clown. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1

5 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

I stand by original take. Trading away pro bowlers you drafted defeats the purpose of actually hitting on our draft picks. 

As we always said, lets see who get with those picks. If its another Darron Lee or Dee Milliner guess you be the clown. 

Draft assets are draft assets.  How the picks result is irrelevant to evaluating the trade.  We moved a Box Safety for two 1sts and a 3rd, and just as importantly, avoided having to decide whether to hand him an $18M per year contract.  And not only did Seattle give up a king's ransom, they got back a player who massively disappointed in 2020 outside of a few empty sacks.

We won the trade.  Seattle lost.  It's over.  Evaluation of the picks will be a separate item that has way more to do with Joe Douglas than it does Jamal Adams.

Of course you're doubling down that this was a bad move.  Of course you are.  I never expected anything less.  Because you just don't understand anything about player value or positional importance, and are simply being stubborn.  Just about everyone else agrees the Jets got the better end of the deal.  Including the Seahawks and their fans.  This was one of the best trades in Jets history, and probably the worst trade the Seahawks have ever made.

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

Draft assets are draft assets.  How the picks result is irrelevant to evaluating the trade.  We moved a Box Safety for two 1sts and a 3rd, and just as importantly, avoided having to decide whether to hand him an $18M per year contract.

We won the trade.  Seattle lost.  It's over.

Wrong again, as usual. The trade cannot be graded until we see the results. This is not debatable. Anything else is childish boasting about something that doesnt exist in this thing we call reality. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 2

2 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

Wrong again, as usual. The trade cannot be graded until we see the results. This is not debatable. Anything else is childish boasting about something that doesnt exist in this thing we call reality. 

This is the equivalent of you covering your ears and yelling "La la la!"  

Childish?  Talk about a pot and kettle situation!  I pity you.

• Thumb Down 1

8 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

Yup. If Douglas drafts 2 busts with his picks nobody is going to look back fondly on this trade except the handful of weirdos who are wrong 99% of the time about everything. If he drafts 2 pro bowlers then it will be looked at very positively.

Only people beating their chests at this point are people that are absolutely obsessed with Jamal adams.

People on this forum were beatng their chest about letting Anderson and go signing perriman.

Or beating their chest about what a great draft Douglas had and try to tell you mims looked like the next megatron in a 20 catch rookie season.

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

So, this year, if we trade the #2 overall pick for a 4th rounder, but the 4th rounder ends up being better than whoever is taken at #2, then trading the #2 for a 4th was a good trade?

• Upvote 2

19 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

PLANK, SON

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:
19 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

Yup. If Douglas drafts 2 busts with his picks nobody is going to look back fondly on this trade except the handful of weirdos who are wrong 99% of the time about everything

It would have been a smart move even if Douglas released Adams because he’d still have avoided keeping a malcontent locker room pariah from holding up the organization for a massive contract despite immediately declining returns. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

It would have been a smart move even if Douglas released Adams because he’d still have avoided keeping a malcontent locker room pariah from holding up the organization for a massive contract despite immediately declining returns. 

The team literally got worse and we had one of the worst seasons in jets franchise history.

But sure. Whatever narrative you think of in your head sounds better because your own years long personal obsession with Jamal.

Just now, kdels62 said:

I wish we still had Jamal Adams...

so we could trade him for more draft picks

Step 1:  Sign him on the cheap when he hits free agency and no one wants him.

Step 2:  Bring back Gregg Williams as DC for one season to boost his value.

Step 3:  Trade him again.  

• Upvote 1

Just now, Prodigal Syndicate said:

The team literally got worse and we had one of the worst seasons in jets franchise history.

But sure. Whatever narrative you think of in your head sounds better because your own years long personal obsession with Jamal.

How did Seattle do, particularly on defense, in 2020?

Continue doubling down, JamalBros.  This is delicious.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

4 minutes ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

3 minutes ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

How did the jets do as a team post jamal? How did the defense look?

Noticeably worse on both fronts.

THE JETS WERE 16-32 WITH JAMAL ADAMS

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

Pretty harsh because that is the logic you’re using to say that the loss of Jamal made the Jets worse. 

But it did. Using the logic you've applied to Jamal for years, in the hundreds of threads about him you've made or posted in, we went from a 7 win team to a 2 win team. Wow, guess 1 player was worth 5 wins.

Adams is the Jadeveon Clowney of safties....a few splash plays a game that makes Sportscenter and everyone thinks he's worth 20 mil a year....Clowney has been exposed and we are about a year away from Adams being exposed as well.   The guy has zero impact on wins and loses. 

14 minutes ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

But it did. Using the logic you've applied to Jamal for years, in the hundreds of threads about him you've made or posted in, we went from a 7 win team to a 2 win team. Wow, guess 1 player was worth 5 wins.

The logic I used with Jamal is that he does jack sh*t to help a team win football games, as Seattle just found out

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

and?  it was a good move.  what i agree with is you don't get better by getting rid of good players.  adams is a really good player.  it seemed to me adams was being maligned more because of his draft position than his on field play.  but then it was pretty clear he wanted out and the jets saw there was a good deal.  end of story.  right now i'm pretty confident that douglas will make some hay with those draft picks.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, rangerous said:

and?  it was a good move.  what i agree with is you don't get better by getting rid of good players.  adams is a really good player.  it seemed to me adams was being maligned more because of his draft position than his on field play.  but then it was pretty clear he wanted out and the jets saw there was a good deal.  end of story.  right now i'm pretty confident that douglas will make some hay with those draft picks.

Jamal Adams sucks. #plank

• Upvote 2