Jump to content

NY Jets were smart to trade Jamal Adams in hindsight


Bronx
 Share

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

Gase moved the franchise forward by ousting Maccagnan and showing Chris Johnson he had to back the **** up.

Adams set the franchise back 5-10 years by not being Watson or Mahomes, and also by trying to tear the locker room to shreds for two years.

Un-effimg believable. 

So Adams selected himself to be the Jets pick over those two? I guess we can't  blame Mac for that one anymore.

I'm not even commenting on your blind loyalty  to Gase. Only someone with a football IQ of a slug would have wrote what you did. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Off-ball linebackers

Even better question ... What do we call safeties that can set records blitzing, rip footballs from quarterbacks hands, stuff the run and are above average in coverage ????

I'd call them Jamal Adamses.

Edited by Dunnie
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

Even better question ... What do we call safeties that can set records blitzing, rip footballs from quarterbacks hands, stuff the run and are above average in coverage ????

I'd call them Jamal Adamses.

Those guys make $8 million per year, tops. Wait until Jamal finds out.

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Only if that slug is, like me, a football savant.

Ok Savant. So you think Gase brought the team forward. You honestly think the Jets are better now than when he took over. I hated Todd Bowles, I couldn't  stand seeing him on the sidelines, I wondered at times if they just got a blowup doll that looked lime him and dressed it for games, bit somehow I don't  recall the team going 0-13 under him. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/5/2021 at 8:45 AM, BCJet said:

Revis may be the "best player" in Jets history as he had 2-3 seasons that were essentially historic for a CB.

As a fan though, what he did in his last season here was an absolute disgrace.  If he didnt want to play thats fine, retire and keep your health, but to give zero effort after playing at the level he did throughout his career was a real sad thing to watch and for me as a fan tarnished my opinion of him.

Revis is the only reason the Jets sniffed 2 AFC championship games.  Guy was great and played his ass off.  If that team had one or two more disgraceful human beings like Revis it hoist the Lombardi.  I root for the laundry and the laundry that Revis wore was historically great.  Get over it.  He gave you one of the few glimpses of what great players in A Jets uniform look like.  
 

As a Jets fan, I feel lucky to have seen a glimpse of what greatness looks like in a Jets uniform.  

  • Thumb Down 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, Biggs said:

Revis is the only reason the Jets sniffed 2 AFC championship games.  Guy was great and played his ass off.  If that team had one or two more disgraceful human beings like Revis it hoist the Lombardi.  I root for the laundry and the laundry that Revis wore was historically great.  Get over it.  He gave you one of the few glimpses of what great players in A Jets uniform look like.  
 

As a Jets fan, I feel lucky to have seen a glimpse of what greatness looks like in a Jets uniform.  

The Jets had one of the deepest rosters in the league back in those years.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/6/2021 at 1:14 PM, T0mShane said:

Gase moved the franchise forward by ousting Maccagnan and showing Chris Johnson he had to back the **** up.

Adams set the franchise back 5-10 years by not being Watson or Mahomes, and also by trying to tear the locker room to shreds for two years.

10-15 years *

  • Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/6/2021 at 2:29 PM, dcJet said:

Maybe Adams is  ahead of his time and defenses will evolve to covet players like Adams.  We started calling DE's and Linebackers "EDGE" to differentiate them from traditional DL's and LB's.  What will we start calling safeties that can blitz the QB but can't cover? 

 

"BOX"

Solved.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/5/2021 at 1:00 PM, Jetsfan80 said:

Had anyone told me we were getting 2 firsts for a safety, I would have been all on board to trade him. I always believed Adams value to us as a player was greater than what we could get in return. I applauded the trade when it was made.

I'm partial to guys we draft who turn into good football players. Adams was incredible in 2019. But he wasn't the same player last year with Seattle. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...