Rapoport: Carson Wentz next QB domino to drop. Colour me terrified.

T0mShane

Being a Jets fan is like being a member of a doomsday cult wandering in the deserts of California . . . but at least there are bunkers and bomb shelters there! I guess. : /

even worse as its jersey and long island for these koolaid sippers

2 minutes ago, Jets4Life1979 said:

Report #49ers have talked to #Jets about the availability of QB Sam Darnold. He has a very good cap number for a QB for the team to focus on other areas. This will be a situation to watch will #SanFrancisco try to bring the #USC product back to the bay area?

49ers have the #12 pick in the 2021 NFL Draft send them Darnold and the #23 we wind up with #2 and #12 and possibly get their 2nd round pick #44. 

• Upvote 4

4 minutes ago, Jets4Life1979 said:

Report #49ers have talked to #Jets about the availability of QB Sam Darnold. He has a very good cap number for a QB for the team to focus on other areas. This will be a situation to watch will #SanFrancisco try to bring the #USC product back to the bay area?

This would probably be the best thing for Sam.  If he goes belly up again in NY it is going to get real ugly for him.  

He's a Cali kid, send him home.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

9 minutes ago, Jets4Life1979 said:

what's the source for this?

The Colts make a lot of sense. Cap space, need, and personnel connection. Pats meet criteria one and two. I expect it’s the Colts which is a bummer because they’d be a nice Darnold suitor. I think it’s basically those two or the Jets and the Jets would be confusing, especially timing wise because it’d hurt Darnold’s trade value and Wentz can’t be good for the locker room. I also still think the return for the Eagles will be low if anything. It’s a reclamation project/salary dump.

• Upvote 1

The wheels are in motion. One league source said their understanding is Philadelphia has already received aggressive offers. The Eagles are looking for significant compensation in return for the 2016 No. 2 overall pick to justify losing the talent and absorbing the more than $30 million dead cap hit they'll take by trading him.

4 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

Wentz is a really hard guy to figure out... this year he was Mark Sanchez. But in the 3 years before that, he threw for a combined 81 TDs and 21 ints. Who is he really?

If Sam put up those numbers over a 3 year gap, he'd be the king of NY.

This year he was sacked 50 times in 12 games.  For perspective, as bad as the Jets OL was , Darnold was only sacked 35 times in 12 games.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

3 hours ago, Jetster said:

Weak mind? Come on man! The guy was getting the living sh*t kicked out of him & was sat for the backup, I'd call it his pride kicked. 

Say what you will but the year that Sam Darnold comes close to doing what Wentz was doing before his injury & when he had a good Oline in front of him come talk to me about comparing these 2 guys. 

You cant operate in the NFL behind a decimated line, you just can't! Defensive guys are too big, too fast, for 2nd & 3rd string NFL olineman to deal with. Especially 4 out of 5 of the starters. 

Sam had many games this year with time in the pocket, but he can never get to options without staring down the 1st & then leaving the pocket, running to his right, and running out of room trying to jam a pass into coverage or still sometimes running out of bounds behind the LOS, which I like to call pulling a Geno. 

I didn’t compare Sam to Wentz for starters. Second, Wentz looked absolutely awful this year. Sure, we can blame it on a number of issues but the eagles haven’t been healthy for a couple seasons...the problem with an aging roster. In 19’ he looked like a good qb. The main difference this year and last is his relationship with his former head coach and his trust in the franchise. I don’t know the guy personally obviously but from the sounds of it, the jalen hurts pick seemed to really effect his mind set. His decision making was awful which was why he was benched in the first place. It takes a combination of a lot of balls and playing really badly to get benched when you’re getting paid that kind of money. Really good qb’s can still look good with beat up o lines, Brady has done it. Peyton Manning did it, Russell Wilson and Watson have also been doing it. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Lith said:

Agreed.  I would rather go with a rookie or keep Sam for another year before I am giving up assets and taking on Wentz' contract.

Most of the options that have been discussed on this board are pretty good options and its just a matter of peronsal preference.  This one, not so much.  If he was a free agent, and we wanted to roll the dice on a "prove it" incentive laden contract, fine.  But giving up picks and assuming his contract. No.

image.png.3cda984b4e4a2cd75e4ece06aaa419e5.png

Perfect example of how Jet fan can make himself crazy.  No way does JD trade for Carson Wentz.  Why would you do that when you have the second pick in the draft and can get undamaged goods.  Perhaps Wentz can resurrect his career somewhere.  It won't be with the Jets.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, k-met57 said:

1. darnold is better then wentz

No way Darnold is anything close to Wentz.

In 2017, before Wentz tore his ACL, he was the leading MVP candidate.

Wentz was bad last year, but that had a lot to do with a makeshift O-line that lost 4 out of 5 starters and a below average WR core.

Wentz > Darnold. No should ever argue that.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

I have to ask. WTF is wrong with people on this forum. Hey, maybe Detroit wants  to trade Goff and his horrible contract.  Will we then have posts about taking him and offering a first round and Darnold for him? It's  like any QB some team wants to dump, Jet fans are like , ueah, I have to get me some of that. For Christmas sake, Wentz has been and injury prone QB that missed his chance to play in a SB. 

Welcome to the forum, you must be new here, and new to being a Jets fan. 

Welcome aboard!

What you are observing is the typical fan reaction to being one of, if not the, worst offensive teams in the NFL for the last 30 years. 

It is what happens when the quality of your QB play is so bad, on average, that you may well be considered the worst team in the NFL at the QB position over the past 30 years.

It is what happens when your franchises all time records for passing are at levels that are considered par for the course average annual production for most other NFL teams.

i.e. desperation is horrible thing.

• Upvote 2