Kellen Mond QB School

1 hour ago, JiF said:

Who?  lol  I actually forgot about Morgan.  They already have their late round flier in the building, good point.  I dont know that he's a better prospect but similar enough to where they probably arent looking at the mid rounds for a flier. 

I think Mond has a good of a chance as any 4/5th round prospect to make a career in the NFL.  Is he going to be a starter?  No....but who is really looking for a starter in the mid round's?  You're just hoping to get lucky and/or find a back up.

I just find his arm too erratic and don’t really see an upside in his game.   He’s a late round borderline UDFA IMO. 

34 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

I just find his arm too erratic and don’t really see an upside in his game.   He’s a late round borderline UDFA IMO. 

I get your concern but he's getting drafted, 100%.  He was the #1 duel threat QB in the country, 5 star recruit, who has over 46 SEC starts in one of the few pro-systems.  One thing Jimbo does, is get his guys drafted.  Look at Christian Ponder and EJ Manuel.  I dont see him being a reach like that but how is he any different?  Anywho, the point being, I think coaches like what Jimbo instills in his QB and people know Mond and have seen him improve year over year.  He'll get drafted. 

1 minute ago, JiF said:

I get your concern but he's getting drafted, 100%.  He was the #1 duel threat QB in the country, 5 star recruit, who has over 46 SEC starts in the a pro-system.  One thing Jimbo does, is get his guys drafted.  Look at Christian Ponder and EJ Manuel.  I dont see him being a reach like that but how is he any different?  Anywho, the point being, I think coaches like what Jimbo instills in his QB and people know Mond and have seen him improve year over year.  He'll get drafted. 

I’m sure he will, personally I wouldn’t.  

On 2/5/2021 at 10:15 AM, RedBeardedSavage said:

Good watch. Dude obviously got a lot of hype after the Senior Bowl.

If we don't get Watson and didn't select a QB high, I'd consider a high day 3 pick on this kid.

No.   I have watched every Aggie game for the last 3 years after marrying an Aggie, who had two brothers and her father all go to that school.

He is streaky, and prone to huge bouts of inaccuracy.   He is not an NFL starting QB, maybe, maybe a backup.

• Upvote 1

On 2/5/2021 at 12:48 PM, RedBeardedSavage said:

Couple of observations;

• Jabril Cox jumps off the tape. I know he got a lot of praise for that in the senior bowl, but goddam, even just this game is a great example of his ability. Dude might be a fringe first rounder, and should definitely be in play @ 34 for us, IDGAF if he's a linebacker... there aren't many that can actually cover. Could be our Fred Warner.
  • Mond missed a lot of throws, especially outside the #'s. He was just off. 

I'd like to see more, I'll have to watch more games. 

We're a team with really no LBs right now, maybe 1 and thats assuming Mosley comes back to the player he was pre 2 years off. 

I think we saw the value of fast athletic LB's that can cover this past weekend as well.. In my mind LB is a position that is not being talked about enough for the jets this offseason. 

• Upvote 2

On 2/8/2021 at 11:59 AM, chirorob said:

No.   I have watched every Aggie game for the last 3 years after marrying an Aggie, who had two brothers and her father all go to that school.

He is streaky, and prone to huge bouts of inaccuracy.   He is not an NFL starting QB, maybe, maybe a backup.

You've watched three years worth of games.

This is the info I need.

Good looks. 

14 hours ago, Chrebetfan80 said:

We're a team with really no LBs right now, maybe 1 and thats assuming Mosley comes back to the player he was pre 2 years off. 

I think we saw the value of fast athletic LB's that can cover this past weekend as well.. In my mind LB is a position that is not being talked about enough for the jets this offseason. 

Agree here. I definitely would like to see us draft one of the athletic freaks like Browning, Cox or Jeremiah Owusu Koramoah... especially after watching what LaVonte David and Devin White just did in the Super Bowl.

But on a team with so many holes, it would have to be a value at that point in the draft. 

I wonder about Matt Milano or Jayon Brown in free agency, but I think I'd prefer to spend draft capital on linebackers and free agency money on offense (specifically interior lineman, WR, TE)... I'd rather go young on defense and trust Saleh to develop players, even if we suffer in the short term. 

• Upvote 2

• 4 weeks later...