Britt Reid, Chiefs LB coach and son of Andy Reid in car accident, possible DUI and expected to miss Super Bowl

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Mental Heath issues are spiraling out of control while Congress votes on another stimulus bill filled with pork for things like the Kennedy center & many other countries, while our schools are clo

His one son passed. That was about the time he left the Eagles I believe.    With that being said, as someone who lost a cousin from a drunk driver, I have no sympathy for his son. I hope he ge

We do, but we only drive Priuses and they have lane assist and can’t exceed 40 MPH. The worst thing that happens to us when we crash is that our Juul’s pop out of our mouths and scratch our vintage Fi

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, David Harris said:

Haven’t Reid’s kids been druggies forever...did one of them OD or something awhile back?

Yeah. 

Reid's oldest son, Garrett, who had suffered from drug addiction for several years and served time in prison for various crimes, was found dead August 5, 2012, in his room at training camp at Lehigh University from an accidental heroin overdose.

Hope and pray the children are ok. 

Britt Reid hit the car  they were in. 

Chiefs assistant coach Britt Reid, son of coach Andy Reid, involved in car accident in Kansas City that injured two children

The Kansas City Chiefs confirmed in a statement that assistant linebackers coach Britt Reid, the son of head coach Andy Reid, was involved in a multiple-vehicle crash Thursday night in Kansas City.

According to Kansas City's 41 Action News and The Kansas City Star, two young children were injured in the collision – a 4-year-old and 5-year-old. The reports said both were hospitalized, with the 5-year-old suffering life-threatening injuries.

• Upvote 1
22 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Thank God the children are ok. 

Anyone who drives under the influence of alcohol or drugs with children in the car belongs in jail for a very longtime. 

All the stories I’ve read on this say the 5 year old was taken to a hospital with life threatening injuries. 

• Sad 1

Very sad story, pulling hard for the 5 year old. Do you think having a very successful/high profile type of father can contribute into your kids having addiction issues? 

• Like 1
54 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Thank God the children are ok. 

Anyone who drives under the influence of alcohol or drugs with children in the car belongs in jail for a very longtime. 

Agreed but in this case the kids were NOT in Reids car. 

• Upvote 1
37 minutes ago, BroadwayRay said:

All the stories I’ve read on this say the 5 year old was taken to a hospital with life threatening injuries. 

Originally I thought it was reported the children were in his car. 

Horrible. Reports are that the 5 year old has very serious, life threatening, injuries.

If Reid was under the influence, the Chiefs have to fire him and let the law deal with him appropriately.

Hoping that the kids recover - just a truly horrific incident.

• Upvote 1

I just heard this story in reading it now. But, where in any of the articles listed here, did it say it was a "possible DUI"? It said that no where in the story. I pray it wasn't. 

EDIT-My apology, I just saw the last sentence on impairment. If that is the case, what an idiot.

My friends brother just passed a few weeks ago in Vegas.  Drunk Driver hit him while he was stopped as well.

And within the last few months,  four 18 year olds in Yonkers were killed when a drunk driver split their car in half. Haven’t even lived yet.

We have the technology to end this bull. Why aren’t we using it? 

• Upvote 1
  • Sad 2

Mental Heath issues are spiraling out of control while Congress votes on another stimulus bill filled with pork for things like the Kennedy center & many other countries, while our schools are closed, millions in the service industry are struggling, suicides, child abuse, drug abuse & alcoholism is rising but the most important thing on the agenda is impeaching a President who is currently not in office. Go Bucs! 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 11
  • Confused 2
  • Post of the Week 4
8 hours ago, BroadwayRay said:

That's truly awful. Prayers to him and his family. 

9 hours ago, chrisfaceoff said:

His one son passed. That was about the time he left the Eagles I believe. 

With that being said, as someone who lost a cousin from a drunk driver, I have no sympathy for his son. I hope he gets the strictest punishment imaginable for the crime. 

Same. Best friend for me. I hope they throw the ******* book at him.

• Like 1

The flip side to this is the sins of the father thing. When do people stop being held responsible for the chosen behaviour of their adult children? I'll try to keep this as on track as possible.  

The wreckage that serious crimes leave in their wake for those who essentially have nothing to do with it has always been historically unfair, but the even more unfair part is when it hits common everyday people who are just trying to have a semblance of normalcy but can't get away from things that they personally haven't done. Prime example is John Wayne Gacy's daughter, who changed her name because she was 1) sickened 2) the healthy symbolism of detaching herself from a monster and 3) not being eye-balled by society. She didn't ask for a murdering father.

Another prime example is Aaron Hernandez's older brother. He had to completely uproot himself, change his profession, and move to a completely different state down South where tons of people are named Hernandez and no snap connections would be made, where he wouldn't be recognized locally wherever he went. The guy got fired for no reason other than being Aaron Hernandez's brother, because "it was a bad look", and no-one else would hire him for ANYTHING. He had to re-invent himself and move. It was a really sad read, and nobody really thinks about these things.

Yet another prime example is OJ Simpson's kids, but that one is pretty self-explanatory.  Anyway, as an unwilling relative of someone who is a soulless POS and who put my nuclear family through horror after horror coupled with mountains of abuse in all of their guises, all these years later I grieve for my folks and not because they're dead. Sometimes people are just born wrong, and trust me when I say that monsters are far more often born and not made. My parents were wonderful people who didn't deserve any of it, but it created so much inner disharmony about my own self that all these years later I still struggle. Reconciling what you know to be true intellectually and what you feel in the seat of your self are not the same. I'm not talking physical murder here but it's a form murder, sure. 

I went through all of this rambling nonsense to say that Andy Reid's son should be punished to the fullest extent of the law, but Andy Reid wasn't driving. If he goes the nepotism route, feel free to pile on. 

• Upvote 4
9 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

5 year old in the car? wtf. Call an uber for christs sakes.

Na the boy was in the car on the side of the road that Reid plowed into 

I'd be careful to rush to judgement about what impaired means.  Different states use different terminology.  In Iowa,we don't have DUI, we have OWI(intoxicated).  There are separate tickets in Iowa for impaired driving, and one of those "impairments" is texting.

But it could very well be drugs or alcohol.  I doubt alcohol though as the DWI would have been known by now.

• Upvote 1

Just hoping the little kid is okay.  Everything else is important but secondary.  

All these stories of drunk/drugged people with kids in the car is infuriating.  Who was it on our team who had a kid in the car going 120 MPH and pot?  Sheldon?

EDIT:  My bad.  Saw that the kids were in the car hit by Reid, not in his.   

42 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

Druggies? I’m sure you didn’t mean how I heard that but there should be significantly more sympathy toward people who struggle with addiction. It’s as hard as it gets.

I’ve treated numerous NFL people, sons and daughters of famous folks and it’s not easy for them.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Awwww poor famous folks....gtfoh.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 2
2 hours ago, HawkeyeJet said:

I'd be careful to rush to judgement about what impaired means.  Different states use different terminology.  In Iowa,we don't have DUI, we have OWI(intoxicated).  There are separate tickets in Iowa for impaired driving, and one of those "impairments" is texting.

But it could very well be drugs or alcohol.  I doubt alcohol though as the DWI would have been known by now.

Report on radio said he told officers he had 2-3 drinks. Any time you tell a cop that, multiple by 3.

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1
36 minutes ago, Ruby2 said:

Report on radio said he told officers he had 2-3 drinks. Any time you tell a cop that, multiple by 3.

I just read the same and thought the same.  You would think they would have made him take a breathalyzer. He could have refused, but usually that results in an immediate arrest.

• Upvote 1

dude how is this not EVERYWHERE?!?!?!?!

3-4 days before the Super Bowl the coach's son is impaired and plows into 2 cars on the freeway? This should be everywhere.

Andy Reid's kids: what a tragic story.